Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
floofenburger

Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Post by floofenburger »

I've been lookin gat the Weda pen, Flowermate 5.0 and the Vapir N02 v2. My price range is approx 150-200 euro, though if I can get a good one for cheaper that'd be great. It would be nice to have one with an adjustable temp so I can stay around 180 for a more cerebral effect, and even lower to do an flavinoid run / decarb pot for making green dragon or edibles.

It's also just for the trip so if anybody wants to buy the thing around the 5th of April i'd be willing to part with it at half price. Otherwise i'll just donate it to a coffeeshop (unless, of course, I can really really clean the thing back to factory cleanliness, in which case i'll take it home by train).

speedy139

Re: Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Post by speedy139 »

The Inhalator INH05 is really nice. It´s around 229€ (in Germany)
It comes with two herb chambers which are also so mouthpiece. So you could throw the dirty chamber away and take the vape with the clean chamber back home.
But there still should be some cleaning done with Isopropanol and a little stick with a little stick with wedding at the end (don´t know the english word atm) for example in the heating Chamber.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Plenty of reviews here, worth doing some reading. There are half a million vapes appeared in the last few years and new ones every week so it's hard to keep up, but it seems you'd need to spend perhaps a hundred at least to get something that does justice to a good bit of weed.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... =7&t=23259

I just give my vapes a bit of a clean and put them in a smelly-proof bag to transport. No trouble yet 8).
What a long strange trip it is.
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

speedy139 wrote:The Inhalator INH05 is really nice. It´s around 229€ (in Germany)
It comes with two herb chambers which are also so mouthpiece. So you could throw the dirty chamber away and take the vape with the clean chamber back home.
But there still should be some cleaning done with Isopropanol and a little stick with a little stick with wedding at the end (don´t know the english word atm) for example in the heating Chamber.
Thanks. That sounds like exactly what i'm looking for! I'd rather not waste money if I don't have to. I only worry about availability in Amsterdam. I don't want trust shipping to where I live now as i'm not sure it'll get here in time. I live two to three hours away from Amsterdam by train and visit at least once a year, so if I can re-use it, that's fantastic. It's mostly for my husband who has never smoked and who i'm trying to get to try vaping. I won't let him eat for his first time for obvious reasons. Yes, there are vaporizers in many coffeeshops but the volcano scares him and i'd like him to try it in a more private and comfortable set and setting.

PS: the English term you're looking for is "cotton swab" or "q-tip" depending on where you live.
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

spidergawd wrote:Plenty of reviews here, worth doing some reading.
Thanks for the links! Based on what I've read in the thread, I think i'm gonna go for the Flowermate V5E given it's better pricepoint. Fewer temperature settings than i'd like, but it seems to have decent reviews. I'll post a report after I get and test the thing next week.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

How did you find the Flowermate? I just bought one today to replace the battered DaVinci that only lasted 6 months.

I'm really happy with the Flowermate so far, charges in half the time, battery lasts four times longer - unit was half the cost. MUCH easier to clean - less fiddly parts to break or wear out.

Did you get yours home? They're pretty easy to clean eh?
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

OneHighMofo wrote:How did you find the Flowermate? I just bought one today to replace the battered DaVinci that only lasted 6 months.

I'm really happy with the Flowermate so far, charges in half the time, battery lasts four times longer - unit was half the cost. MUCH easier to clean - less fiddly parts to break or wear out.

Did you get yours home? They're pretty easy to clean eh?
Still I'm the dam and loving the thing. Vapes evenly, especially if stirred once. Temp controls are great as you can control the effect that way. I find the red a little too hot for my taste. Blue and purple are great.

Agreed the thing is very easy to clean for usage purposes, but not enough to render every part factory clean to the point it would no longer be considered paraphernalia.

As far as taking it home, I'm selling it here, so no worries. I can't smoke where I live now anyway (hopefully that will change in a year if my husband and I move to another country).
bleak

Post by bleak »

Agree about the Flowermate, it just "works". Personally I love how it vapes the bowl evenly, I'm not someone who likes fiddling around with stirring... too much work to get high :mrgreen: I found the Flowemate works well if you pack down the load so the bowl is jammed full. Even like that, it vapes the 'brick' evenly through to the center, no stirring necessary, which is kinda amazing for a portable.

I would avoid Vapir products. Although I do know 1 or 2 people who are happy with their Vapir's, they have a reputation for poor build quality. Many people report vapor leaks and breakage/failure.

Arizer Solo and Air are great, can't go wrong with them. I prefer the Arizer portables over the Davinci Ascent.

If money is an issue, the Flowermate is almost as good as the Arizer's, and half the price.

The Magic Flight Launch Box is another excellent choice, and also under 100 euros.
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

bleak wrote:Agree about the Flowermate, it just "works". Personally I love how it vapes the bowl evenly, I'm not someone who likes fiddling around with stirring... too much work to get high :mrgreen: I found the Flowemate works well if you pack down the load so the bowl is jammed full. Even like that, it vapes the 'brick' evenly through to the center, no stirring necessary, which is kinda amazing for a portable.
Indeed. It does work well even packed, although I wouldn't pack too hard. It appears to function by convection (I haven't checked) so as long as there is air flow between the buds, it should work. Even if it is a conduction vape, everything is evenly brown when you're done. I agree stirring isn't so necessary, although I sometimes find a few green bits toward the sides at the top near the mouthpiece where there is no airflow. Still just like .5 percent of the bud.
The Magic Flight Launch Box is another excellent choice, and also under 100 euros.
Had one. Hated it. Could not get the "trick" of it. Takes too much fucking patience to learn how to use.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

airizer solo.

trick is to use magic flight box micro grinder and screens in the solo glass piece.

the vapes with this setup are AMAZING.
2stick

Post by 2stick »

Not a recommendation yet, but here is what I'm gettting: http://www.cloupor.com/cloutank-m4-vapo ... -wholesale

Will be testing it with some flowers and with some rosin tech flowers and hash oils in the summer. AFAIK it does burn flowers to some extent. More info to follow later in the summer.

edit, I have a variable voltage e-cig, so voltages from 3.3 to 5.0 will be included as seen best..
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

2stick wrote:Not a recommendation yet, but here is what I'm gettting: http://www.cloupor.com/cloutank-m4-vapo ... -wholesale

Will be testing it with some flowers and with some rosin tech flowers and hash oils in the summer. AFAIK it does burn flowers to some extent. More info to follow later in the summer.

edit, I have a variable voltage e-cig, so voltages from 3.3 to 5.0 will be included as seen best..
Me too. I wanted to get something like this, but didn't want to deal with something that seemed like it was better oriented to concentrates, rather than flowers. I looked at the design of some of them and wasn't impressed (not sure if I looked at this one in particular, however). Many of them put the bud in direct contact with a heating element that clearly would cause combustion. That's why I went with the flowermate. The only downside is I can't smoke the hash I did get (Grinspoon Ice) in the flowermate. I mean I could try it, but i'm pretty sure it could mess the thing up and even if it didn't, probably wouldn't work very well.
floofenburger

Post by floofenburger »

This sort of thing was what I am trying to avoid:
http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/02/11/v ... izer/4360/

Let's be honest, even snoop probably doesn't use the thing. If I had to guess, i'd say he probably smokes blunts. This product is packaged celebrity horseshit with cheap components. I commend the capitalist effort to make a few cheap bucks off a bunch of gullible idiots, but for fuck's sake, why tie your name to a piece of shit? Ruins your long term potential in a budding legal industry. Willie Nelson seems to have the right idea. Hard to say what Marley's family will do with "Marley Natural". Commercial Lamb's Bread? If they don't fuck it up, it could be good.
kushadelic420

Post by kushadelic420 »

I got a flowermate for christmas from my lovely wife and i'm really impressed. I totally agree with you mates. The smoke is smooth, easy to clean and real vaping. The vaped stuff looks quite the same like when you vape with a vulcano. Nice brown and evenly vaped:)

Keep it green
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

bleak wrote:
I would avoid Vapir products. Although I do know 1 or 2 people who are happy with their Vapir's, they have a reputation for poor build quality. Many people report vapor leaks and breakage/failure.

I have a no2 and it is good. not a problem just gotta now how to use it. I also have a puffit x it is great for what it is for. Stealth. I don't like the Magic flight box and atmos or atmos junior.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.