One day hash trip to Nijmegen

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Marok21

One day hash trip to Nijmegen

Post by Marok21 »

Great weather... holidays... nothing good to smoke... So time for a short visit to the wonderful small city Nijmegen 8)

Sun is banging and tons of people are in the city for shopping or just enjoy the weather.

My first stop was:

Coffeeshop T´wonder - I know that shop from my last visit to Nijmegen (years before). More a locals place... if i remember right they only had 2 weed strains on the menu: Amnesia Haze (10€/g) and White Widow. Bags are pre packed for 12,50€ or 5€. Heard good things about their Amnesia from a local I met before so I went for that. The Dealer showed me 5 different packs of Amnesia (12,50€) so I was able to choose the one wich looks best to me lol. Quality was really good... potent nice taste... Every Coffeeshop has Amnesia on the menu nowadays but to find a good example from a coffeeshop in the south is not so easy :roll: and 10€/g is a OK price for that. Rolled a joint of it and after a smoke break for one week it hit me very fast 8)

Coffeeshop Kruidentuin - Heard a lot of this place in the past. They are pretty famous for their maroccan hash... and I like hash :mrgreen:
Was here one time before and can agree that the hash quality is very good :D
The Shop is owned by maroccan people... the shop itself is on two levels and has been renovated... it looks pretty trendy now (like a cocktail bar or something). The seats are pretty comfy and they playmostly hip hop music... sometimes charts :x :lol: The hash menu is great... they have so many different types like dark creamy hashes... polm hashes, maroccan hashes with indian and paki genetics... when their would be only one coffeeshop I could go to than it would be Dampkring or Kruidentuin for sure :mrgreen:

Nouga (12,50€/g) - Fine polm hash not so super fresh but still nice...the high is a sativa/indica
mix :D made me high at first but had a strong stone effect in the end.

Caramel (10€/g) - Pretty dark brown creamy stuff... very fresh...super nice taste and flavours.

Manali (8€/g) - produced in marocco with indian genetics... dark nearly black hash also pretty fresh for me it had a stronger sativa part...

Paki (8€/g) - a very bright blonde hash with an interesting texture... it was not so oily... so I wasn´t able to form a hash ball from that it just fall in when you press it together. When you hold the hash on a flame it bubbles nicely... smell and taste are not from that usual maroccan genetics (like the name said "paki"^^) but I liked it very much. Maybe not the strongest but high and smell/taste are rare and it is great all day hash.

After smoking some bowls of their gear and having a relaxed time in Kruidentuin I decided to leave the shop and enjoy the beautiful weather on the Waal (part of the Rhine river)... sun was really banging 8) and I enjoyed a nice beer on the promenade in the sun. After that I smoked a fat Amnesia/Nouga Joint while watching the ships on the Rhine...
heaven on earth :mrgreen:

to be continued
Last edited by Marok21 on Wed 8th Jul 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marok21

Re: One day hash trip to Nijmegen

Post by Marok21 »

the breath of air of the river was so damn nice and made me forget the 37 degrees for
a minute 8)

Completly high/stoned I decide to search a good place to eat and endet at Febo :lol: but
it helps and gives me new power to go on.

After that I went to the "Vlaamsegas". A little alley where 3 Coffeeshops are located. These shops are much affected by tourists in Nijmegen. A few drugrunners are there as well but not everytime and compared to Maastricht it´s pretty quiet... only one time one maroccan youngstar asked me if want to buy the best hash from Nijmegen :lol:

1.Dreadlock/Jetset are 2 of the 3 Shops in the "Vlaamsegas"... they have the same owner and menu. The Weed menu is pretty big for Nijmegen with strains like: Hawaian Snow (10,50€/g), A5 Haze, Amnesia, Super Silver, Buddha Cheese, Jack Herer, AK 47 and so on... hash only 3 types and compared to the other shops the hash seems to be pretty poor.
I tried the Hawaian Snow because I never tried that strain before. The Dealer showed me the tub with the weed and let me smell... the smell was nice fruity lemony! :mrgreen: but the buds were super hard like some kush strains and heavy... never had such a small gramm from a coffeeshop :x also had many "crystals" on my hand even from light touching the bud... Effect, taste was good and even the ash was grey but something was unsusual with this weed...

to be continued
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

Great report, so far, Marok. I was becoming more adventurous on my last trip, hopping down to Maastricht for a few days, and doing some small coffeeshop touring whilst doing some very stoned sightseeing. I visited a couple of shops on Grote Markt (Wall Street?), CS Mississippi and the other boat. My last trip to Nederlands was before I knew about ACD, and I have some notes somewhere of shops, bars and other tidbits about my stay, but, not enough to post a report. On previous trips, I visited Leiden and Utrecht, but, wasn't strain hunting, as I was stocked with prior purchases. If/when I ever get back, I plan on getting out of A'dam for more sidetrips.

More details on your trip, please. Cheers!!
Last edited by woodz60 on Wed 8th Jul 2015 06:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nice read cheers
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

woodz60 wrote:hopping down to Maastricht for a few days, and doing some small coffeeshop touring whilst doing some very stoned sightseeing
that sounds like a lot of fun :mrgreen: Maastricht is a lovely little city, too with a good coffeeshop scene (in the past :cry:). Maastricht is only 20 minutes away from my home by car
... so you can imagine how much time we spend there :mrgreen:. I lived in the border Area so I know many smaller cities in NL (especially in Limburg). You can´t compare these cities to Amsterdam with it´s tolerant lifestyle but they are worth a visit and it´s interesting to see how the locals live in these parts of NL :D
kingbee wrote:Was "Nouga" the most expensive on their menu?
yes it was... I had the top 4 hashes of their menu. I only didn´t tried the Chocolat (9€/g) but I will do that next time. Like I said the Nouga is more a polm hash with good smell and effect... don´t get me wrong it is not a killer hash (in effect) but it makes you at first nice high and later the stone hit you very fast 8) Smell is very clean yammii and that is the most important thing for me... you find a lot of creamy bubbly hash nowadays but sometimes it´s just not clean :evil:
kingbee wrote:What was the effect of Caramel like?
Caramel was mybe my favorite this time 8) From the look I would say it´s like a caramello hash but with a nice clean sweet smell and taste. The hash also bubbles nicely when heated. To be honest the effects of the most hashes I scored there made me pretty stoned. But maybe that was because that high temperatures this week :lol: Wasn´t able to do something when smoked some hash before :lol: Luckily I scored some nice Amnesia Haze around here so that I can work against that feeling :mrgreen:
To ask the question for me it was a indica effect but also with some sativa in it 8)
kingbee wrote:Was the Pakistani-Maroc a more indica-type high? If so, how sedative was it?

The effect of this hash was more sativa like than the others (for me^^)... I really felt the difference when smoking that. The High was more interesting... But like all I said it´s my subjective opinion... made a smoke break for one week before and the hot temperatures made me really lazy...

I just want to try some more of the Caramel right now so maybe I can make an update on the effect :mrgreen:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Opposite from Coffeeshop Dreadlock and Jetset was my next stop:

Coffeeshop Kronkel - Before I went to Nijmegen I did some research on the web for the best shops in town... Coffeeshop Kronkel seems to be one of them. It´s a huge coffeeshop wich looks like a nice restaurant/bar. They also offer food and drinks for "good" prices and have two bongs for smoking. There are also some events with live music and Djs sometimes 8)
I read on the web that they have nearly 15 different kinds of Weed...
The reallity was 4 kinds of weed like Amnesia (10€/g), Blueberry (8,50€/g) and 4 different hashes which don´t looked pretty outstanding :lol:

Ice O Lator (11€/g) was on the menu, too. So I asked the budtender if I can take a look on it and asked what he things about it. Funny thing was that it was gun powder, unpressed skuff, trichomes... but no Ice hash. Colour was green and it was pretty old, too. So no good quality :( I decide to try a gram anyway because the dealer said it´s really good and 11€/g was not the world... I rolled a big one with Amnesia (T´Wonder) and a huge amount of "Ice O Lator". Taste was not nice maybe because it was so old... burned good but not worth the money even 11€/g is too much for that every usual strong weed is better than that :lol:

Blueberry (8,50€/g) - smelt in the tub like a usual indica not like original Blueberry... the Amnesia was sold out so I took that instead... bad decision :lol: had a really strong bitter taste on my tongue and pretty black ash while smoking :evil: I decide to throw in the trash :evil:

Overall I would say the best Coffeeshop to chill in Nijmegen... very friendly staff good prices for food/drinks but the weed/hash quality was low :?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

after that I tried to find a good ice cream shop in the city to cool down a bit :lol: but before I had to get more cash... 2 cash machines wich was out of order and 20 minutes later I had my "new" money and my ice cream :evil: :lol:

Next stop was:

Coffeeshop Jamaica - Pretty small coffeeshop with only 2 tables and seats... looks not really welcoming more a buy and fly place. They had a good menu with S5 Haze, Super Silver Haze, Candy Kush, Blue Cheese and 3 or 4 hashes like Nougat and Good - A - Good which won a Highlife Cannabiscup in the past. But they had also this disgusting Strawberry Haze on the menu... some locals smoked that and the whole shop smells like that shit :sick:
Staff was very friendly and showed me everything I want to see. Another good point is that they also sell half grams :D

Nougat (10€/g) - Not very fresh but okish... very blonde hash with a nice flavour. Not so strong but had a good taste... overpriced but ok

Good A Good (9€/g) - Better than the Nougat... a pretty oily polm hash with an uncommon (but good) smell... maybe made from different genetics. Bubbles also easily and the effect was more a Sativa/Indica mix but the Indica effect was pretty dominant.

Smoked a Joint in there and watched many locals go in and out... from my personal feeling I would say this is one of the best shops in Nijmegen for quality weed (but not that ####### Strawberry :twisted: ).

Coffeeshop T´Kuntje - If I remember right the oldest Coffeeshop in Nijmegen. I saw some Maroccan guys in the queue in front of me wich all bought "huge" amounts of their most expansive hash... The cute Budlady with dreadlocks was very friendly and welcome me with a smile... my first question was to see that hash called "Nieuw Primera XL" and she showed it to me with a big smile :D.

Nieuw Primera XL - Super fresh and sticky... dark brown hash nearly black. You can see the crysalts bling bling :mrgreen:. Looks awesome but had no real strong smell... only when heated by flame you can smell it... no black smoke or unusual smell. The Hash had a strong stoned effect to me... But compared to the look it was a little bit disappointing :lol:

Overall:
All Coffeeshops I had been to in Nijmegen located very close together (only Kruidentuin was a little bit out of the way). Prices are pretty cheap compared to many parts of the NL. For the top Hazes or Kushes on the menus u don´t pay more than 11€ (usually cheaper)... hash prices are also very good. Also almost every coffeeshop gives you a discount when you buy 5g. The quality is good especially in hash! Weed is like in many other border areas a different thing... you can find good stuff but there is also a lot of bad stuff around. Compared to other cities Nijmegen had a pretty big coffeeshop scene with "huge" coffeeshops to chill in. The quality is much better than in South Limburg Coffeeshops for example... especially for me as a hash smoker :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kingbee wrote:
The most expensive one is mainly the one to get at this CS, as I think you've discovered too ;)
usually it is so... but like you said they go down with the price a bit (Nouga)... like I heard from others quality went also down a little bit but it´s still nice.

Was there again yesterday 8) I was there for the Chocolat (9€/g) hash because I never tried it from here and heard good things about it... the budtender knew me already and asked me what I think from my last purchased wares :lol:

We talked a little bit about their offered hashes. He was very excited about the "caramello" at the moment. It´s a new batch (now 10€ instead of 9). Super creamy smelly blonde hash :mrgreen: looks like the real deal... not so dark than the Noor 2000 more blonde with a very high oil content. The batch I got yesterday looks like the one I´ve got before but it´s even more oily and sticky :mrgreen: Effect is good, too. Very relaxing stone but I was still active... By far the best caramello I saw in a coffeeshop for ages... it goes very fast with the locals... saw at least 3 guys wich bought 5g of Caramel. By the way the dealer gave me +0,3g for an extra joint :mrgreen: (that is good customer service :D)

Chocolat was more a blonde polm hash... pretty special it´s not so super soft but not hard, too. You feel the high oil content when touching that :roll: bubbles as hell and smell is great, too :mrgreen: don´t saw hash of that texture so often in the last time... but when it was every time really nice... same here.
kingbee wrote:The others are filler really, as I've dabbled with them myself before, but if you can't find a better example of another type like Caramello from another source, then Kruidentuin has a good enough example.
try the other hashes again 8) these are all new batches now. I saw pictures of their offered hashes in the past (old batches) and some of the hashes look completly different now. For me every hash from 8€ on is nice and pretty special compared to the usuall hashes you find in coffeeshops.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Nice reporting! I need to get back to Nijmegen and the Kruidentuin and their wonderful hash selection :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This report gives you a good impression of the coffeeshop scene in Nijmegen so cheers for that, Marok21!

For the record Kruidentuin's Noga wasn't 14€ but 15€ about three or four years ago(as I mentioned elsewhere on here was quite superior then and could rival anything on offer elsewhere) . This was - according to menus - one of the very few price changes in the last ten years. Recently they changed their prices for Chocolat(now 9€, before 10€)and Caramel(now 10€, before 9€ and it was and probably always will be a sure shot! ). Steady prices for their goodies is a big point here!

That said batches of hashish do change and it's never 100% identical as farmers in the Rif most probably don't work with clones and everything on this menu here is reasonably priced!

Kronkel I like for chilling(favourite place for that in Nijmegen) as well by the way not so much when it comes to their gear :mrgreen: ! Rest of the shops I merely visit for hanging out if at all.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Thanks for the detailed report man! I never been there myself, its fun to read about something different. :mrgreen: