calm relaxing strains

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
monty

calm relaxing strains

Post by monty »

im looking for some calm relaxing strains/hash. i dont really spend more than 10€ a gram. i suffer anxity disorder so like mild/mid indica effect. like afghan but quality isnt that great over the years. been smoking a friends organic homegrown afghan kush and it gets me wasted but in a good way. interested in high cbd strains but on the indica side as i dont want to be alert and active

zustraffernewcomer

Re: calm relaxing strains

Post by zustraffernewcomer »

the last time i visited groningen ( coffeshop reykjavik ) i tried their "Afghan Kush" for the first time.
smoked it before i left groningen which was the right decision cus it was a really relaxing and couchfeeling effect perfect for after work hours in my opinion. made me also little bit sleepy which was perfect at this moment
immer für n superblunt zu haben uff yaa
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Blueberry.

Mellow Yellow has a pretty good one, if it's a good batch. 8,50/9 euros a gram and you get little discount if you buy 2-3 grams. Coffeeshop Noon could be selling the SAME blueberry for the same price, but i'm not sure. Same owners, cause the menus look similar?
I smoked Mellow Yellow's Blueberry little over a year ago and it was quite good. quite smooth smoke, berry aroma, real blueberry-bliss effect.
tinky

Post by tinky »

monty wrote:im looking for some calm relaxing strains/hash. i dont really spend more than 10€ a gram. i suffer anxity disorder so like mild/mid indica effect. like afghan but quality isnt that great over the years. been smoking a friends organic homegrown afghan kush and it gets me wasted but in a good way. interested in high cbd strains but on the indica side as i dont want to be alert and active

Siberia coffeeshop has CBD strains i think E12.50 + E8.00 for outdoor grown

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Siberie/ ... berie.html
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Rusland has been selling high CBD ak-47

Betty Too also had a high CBD strain on menu
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

all ways loved enemy of the state for a cbd.cbn strain
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

jhonw684 wrote:You can try "Magic Musroom" as it can give you mild push. Read here: https://www.focus-planet.com/smartshop/ ... -grow-kits
anxiety + weed + mushrooms= bad idea, imo

DJ Short, the cannabis breeder who created the famous Blueberry-strain, says he tests cannabis, the effects after smoking, with psychedelics (lsd etc.) because it amplifies/brings to the surface, the characters of the high(effect) ..meaning, if there is anxiety-causing chemicals in the particular strain of cannabis, psychedelics can boost the anxiety effect.
..have i personally smoked on 'shrooms? Yes i have. it could ruin your day in Amsterdam if you're prone to anxiety, depression what-have-you and smoke the wrong strain on top of the mushies. You can find bad trip-stories over here at the ACD.

PS.
"Give you a mild push" ..which strain of magic mushrooms?! See, there are quite a few strains, strong and mild.

..don't listen to this guy.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Actually small doses of psychedelics can be very useful for people that suffer with anxiety. I know this because I'm one of them.
I often (couple times a week) use 200mg (0.2g) of Psylocibin Cubensis (UK variety) as a performance enhancer. I find it gives me a sense of calm, a feeling of surety and a mild rush of euphoria. It's called micro-dosing and is becoming popular in high-stress business environments and within extreme sports circles. Using Cannabis on top does enhance the effects of both - but not enough to induce a psychedelic experience (for me). Those sorts of experiences start at around 1gram (of UK cubensis). The Truffles you buy in Amsterdam smart shops are much weaker than uk mushrooms. Ask the shop keeper for advice - tell them what experience you want and they'll be able to help you.

In terms of CDB being responsible for 'calm and relaxing' strains. There's lots of conflicting evidence https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q= ... MQgQMIHTAA. Some research points to the symphony of cannabinoids (particularly the relationship between THC and CBD/CBN) AND IMPORTANTLY the terpenes in any particular strain as being likely to be responsible for the calming effects - although the TRUTH is that no one knows for sure (yet).

What I do know is that with the amount of interbreeding done in the Cannabis community and in the wild - there is no such thing as Sativa = uplifting/paranoia and indicia = couch lock/relaxing. This has been demonstrated to be nonsense many times now.

The real answer to your question Monty is - find a strain that gives you the effect you want. Relying on the 'knowledge' of other people is not the way to go in the Cannabis world as everyone has totally subjective viewpoints and the science just isn't there (yet) to actually answer your question with any real veracity.
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Yea, i know that shrooms on SMALL DOSAGE can give people a nice warm fealing, but if you happen to take too much, then it might not be too nice. Like i said there are mild and strong strains and many in between, so a suggestion" eat some shrooms", really does not give a clear picture of how mushrooms affect or MIGHT affect a person.

My shroom experiences are with fairly strong MExicans and 2 grams was just about all i needed, but my friend usually ate 5 grams of those, so how can you advise people on psychedelics and the dosage on web forums?!

Same as with cannabis psychedelics affect people in various ways.
-
-
the couchlock-effect is apparently caused my 'myrcene', not CBD. If a cannabis strain is "high" in effect (mostly sativa), CBD does not change it into a couchlock strain. According to reviews, high CBD-strains that have practically no THC in them are apparently still quite clear in effect, not "druggy/drunk-feeling".
-
-
Why the sativa vs. indica isn't so clear cut case, is because many strains marketed as "indica" are actually indica-sativa hybrids. = a plant may look like a short indica, but the effect could still have quite alot of sativa-influence.
Already, 10 years ago, on many grower-forums, people were complaining cause it was really difficult to find 100% indicas anymore, cause thou many strains were marketed and sold as "indica", they actually were/are sativa-indica hybrids.

OneHighMofo wrote:The real answer to your question Monty is - find a strain that gives you the effect you want. Relying on the 'knowledge' of other people is not the way to go in the Cannabis world as everyone has totally subjective viewpoints and the science just isn't there (yet) to actually answer your question with any real veracity.
I don't mean to start an argument, but i really don't agree with this comment. Some of it yes, but most of it is quite different from my own experience.

If cannabis strains usually would not give a certain kind of effect, there would not be a need to advertise different strains, cause they would all be "subjective experiences", and this simply isn't so.

Sure cannabis affects people differently, because of brain chemistry, mood etc. but to say "the is no answer to your question yet", simply is not true. Go visit large cannabis-grower forums, and you will see that people describe certain strains in similar fashion to each otehr most of the time:
"this strain has a creeper high" ..."this strain is narcotic couchlock" .."this strain has a clear high, with no-ceiling" and many agree.

Just about every cannabis strain i have grown personally, have been just about how the strain was marketed by a breeder. :!:

Coffeeshops and how they describe the strains they sell might be quite "subjective", cause many times coffeshops aren't very well informed on the genetics of the bud they're selling. On many menus you see "sativa leaning hybrids" sold as indica and vice versa. = UK Cheese (Skunk #1) is many times sold as "indica" in Amsterdam thou it is actually genetically a 75% sativa (Colombia Gold-Acapulco Gold-Afghani)
..but, imo, most home-growers seem to agree on the effects of various strains quite well, or atleast this is my experience from the last 10 years of reading grower-forums and growing the plant myself.

Like i said, i'm not here to start an argument, i simply just don't agree with this statement.
Peace.
:)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

No problem my man - all debate is welcome here as long as it's respectful and polite.
Personally - I experience Cannabis a different way. I don't experience strains the way they're 'marketed'. I find all strains calm and relaxing. I also find all strains induce couch lock once enough is consumed. And I know many people that feel the same.

As I said - there's no science available to us that would allow anyone to make any claims that has any degree of veracity. So while 'wisdom of the crowds' might point a person in the right direction of a 'calm relaxing strain'. There are no guarantees and my advice would remain - find something that works for YOU.

There are many 'experts' in this community. Not listening to them might be the best thing a rookie ever does :) *edit* not pointing the finger here dude. Just a generalisation.

Peace :)
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Best daytime non anxiety causing sativa ive found in tangerine dream. Suttle, relaxing, a little uplift but not too much. At first you have eneergy, dont smoke too much youll get settled into the couch i find the more you smoke. Good for muscle relaxing and post workout recovery. Barneys strain i get at home is lovely.

At night i find pink kush a great sleep aid...but steer clear of popeyes, not sure who has in AMS right now. Another strain that a little does a lot. Ive taken myself off two sleeping meds with the introduction of pink kush. Never felt so recharged and relaxed in the morning.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

tinky wrote:
monty wrote:im looking for some calm relaxing strains/hash. i dont really spend more than 10€ a gram. i suffer anxity disorder so like mild/mid indica effect. like afghan but quality isnt that great over the years. been smoking a friends organic homegrown afghan kush and it gets me wasted but in a good way. interested in high cbd strains but on the indica side as i dont want to be alert and active

Siberia coffeeshop has CBD strains i think E12.50 + E8.00 for outdoor grown

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Siberie/ ... berie.html
Well this was a good advice, I would check out the Siberie cbd strains if I were u monty.

Also the Noon for the Blueberry, I used to go there every time in the past and get, I think it was 4g for 25e last time I was there.
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

This is a really good breakdown of soecific strains and their impact on anxiety.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains/wha ... or-anxiety
Amsterdam dreaming.............