Boat rental tips?

Getting there and getting around.
LLMReb

Re: Boat rental tips?

Post by LLMReb »

Worldcitizen, I think I saw you driving the boat!

Ha, I know it was not you, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I've witnessed 2 major back-ups on the canals due to tourists and boats.

worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

LLMReb wrote:Worldcitizen, I think I saw you driving the boat!

Ha, I know it was not you, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I've witnessed 2 major back-ups on the canals due to tourists and boats.
rotf

how'd you get my picture??!!

yeah once ya add those paddle boats in there, it can be really chaotic. top it off it was a beautiful saturday. Same day as the Prisengracht festival, so prinsengrach was partly blocked off and there were tons of locals enjoying a beautiful day....i wish i had one of those smaller boats4rent that day instead of the big boat. And the canal intersections are crazy. We got hit by one of the big tourist boats, bacause it decided to back up on us without warning. (dramatic but not dangerous) I would chose to go out on a weekday if one has the choice -just for the fact that it is not quite as crowded
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
LLMReb wrote:Worldcitizen, I think I saw you driving the boat!

rotf

how'd you get my picture??!!

yeah once ya add those paddle boats in there, it can be really chaotic. top it off it was a beautiful saturday. Same day as the Prisengracht festival, so prinsengrach was partly blocked off and there were tons of locals enjoying a beautiful day....i wish i had one of those smaller boats4rent that day instead of the big boat. And the canal intersections are crazy. We got hit by one of the big tourist boats, bacause it decided to back up on us without warning. (dramatic but not dangerous) I would chose to go out on a weekday if one has the choice -just for the fact that it is not quite as crowded
As a member of the "Amsterdam Navigator's Hall of Fame" you shouldn't be surprised that you were recognized! lol!!