Boat rental tips?

Getting there and getting around.
LLMReb

Boat rental tips?

Post by LLMReb »

Let's say you rent one of those electric boats for 3 hours. Where do you pee?

Nuggz

Re: Boat rental tips?

Post by Nuggz »

If you're piloting you can pull off to the side and make use of a corner, alley, point of reasonable visual obstruction the public or the ubiquitous Amsterdam open-air urinal. Other than that you can when in Rome it, and literally piss off the boat stern like all the drunk Dutch frat boys do (you did go to Ole Piss after all, see what I did there :p)... bonus points if you just wear a diaper with zero fucks to give ha
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 27th Aug 2016 05:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

You know, I was expecting something different in terms of tips. Not sure what, but more wide-ranging.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Sorry us yanks are just so simple-minded and uncouth, can't be helped :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 27th Aug 2016 05:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

The Ole Piss reference did provide a good laugh!

I was figuring that you simply stop along the urinals (every city should have these). There arent as many as I woyld like, though, so I was curious about what people do when nature calls.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

We rented a boat this summer and although it wasn't necessary for us we would agree that the alternatives DLN and you yourself pointed out. You would have to plot some of the public urinals on a map taking into account where you can get out of the canal from the boat which might prove to be a lot harder than it sounds... :)

Cc
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:We rented a boat this summer and although it wasn't necessary for us we would agree that the alternatives DLN and you yourself pointed out. You would have to plot some of the public urinals on a map taking into account where you can get out of the canal from the boat which might prove to be a lot harder than it sounds... :)

Cc

But it would still be easier than not having a couple of cold ones while hitting the canals up close and personal!

Does cannabis make you pee?

:lol: :mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

True that Eddie, we also brought a couple of Vettels or three ( only decent beer we could find chilled)... :)
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

pull up in front of Amnesia. Get out of the boat, pee and buy some weed or a drink. no big deal.
(or stop anywhere else - it really is not that difficult)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Ha, worldcitizen. I thought about that very thing. Then in my wild imagination I could see myself going inside, then coming out only to find a group of AMS bike thieves who converted themselves to boat hijackers! But I get your point.

I appreciate all of the responses!
worldcitizen1723

LLMReb wrote:Ha, worldcitizen. I thought about that very thing. Then in my wild imagination I could see myself going inside, then coming out only to find a group of AMS bike thieves who converted themselves to boat hijackers! But I get your point.

I appreciate all of the responses!
lol someone needs to stay in the boat! : )
(we've done it)
CopenhagenCouple

LOL, very good chance of that, but depending on how big of a leak you have to take they wouldn't get far as those boats are only marginally faster than walking pace and Keizersgracht (if that is the one and we remember correctly) doesn't have many escape routes running straight all the way to the nice canal parallel to Haarlemmerstraat :) maybe the other way and one of the side canals but they really are slow those things... ;)
worldcitizen1723

CopenhagenCouple wrote:LOL, very good chance of that, but depending on how big of a leak you have to take they wouldn't get far as those boats are only marginally faster than walking pace and Keizersgracht (if that is the one and we remember correctly) doesn't have many escape routes running straight all the way to the nice canal parallel to Haarlemmerstraat :) maybe the other way and one of the side canals but they really are slow those things... ;)
just find an open spot and tie it up. It is no big deal to climb out of the boat to the street. But yeah those boats are slow -the bigger boats from https://www.sloepdelen.nl/sloep-huren-amsterdam/ are certainly better
CopenhagenCouple

Worldcitizen: sweet dude, can you also rent / drive them without a license or somethingklike that? We thought that was one of the reasons they went that slow, but some random dude told up that so it is probably just speculation anyways...
worldcitizen1723

CopenhagenCouple wrote:Worldcitizen: sweet dude, can you also rent / drive them without a license or somethingklike that? We thought that was one of the reasons they went that slow, but some random dude told up that so it is probably just speculation anyways...
no license necessary. I think the slower boats are just probably safer for tourists.

true confession: First time I took the big dutch boat out - I did hit a houseboat that had a guy on the outside painting - there was a big traffic jam and i panicked and could not stop the boat in time. He was swearing at me, but at least I did not knock him into the canal!!