What 10 strains would you put on your coffeeshop menu?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
aVeryOldLady

What 10 strains would you put on your coffeeshop menu?

Post by aVeryOldLady »

After creating this topic, many people wrote down their menus - and then some more. I hadn't even thought of not only asking for a weed menu, but also the interior, location, etc. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to change the title of this topic.
However, feel free to share everything; from weed menu to hash menu, location, interior, music, food, drinks, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:

I've asked myself this question a thousand times while browsing menus online or standing in a coffeeshop inspecting the menu. On some menus I cannot find anything to my taste, while others seem to try to list every strain that is out there and thus I cannot make a decision and sometimes have to return several times. (not a bad thing :D )
Also, I know that menus change constantly. But what if you had to make a menu with 10 strains for your own shop right now (no matter personal likings or maximum profit as influencers), which ones would you choose?

My choice from my personal feeling of most activating to most deactivating would be (after having thought about it for hours):

Sour Diesel --> no strain gets me more active than Sour D
Super Silver Haze --> hazes tend to put me in a dreamy state, so does this classic strain
Amnesia
NYC Diesel --> good combination if you want to be mentally active but have a relaxed body
Girl Scout Cookies --> one of the most balanced strains in my opinion
AK47 --> a timeless favorite of mine
Orange Bud
White Widow
OG Kush --> if grown right it is amazing
LA Confidential --> one of my sleep-enforcers :D

On the outside looking in: Blueberry, Kali Mist, Acapulco Gold, Super Lemon Haze, Pineapple Chunk, Kosher Kush
Last edited by aVeryOldLady on Mon 17th Oct 2016 09:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneHighMofo

Re: What 10 strains would you put on your coffeeshop menu?

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great post - need time to ponder!
gromit

Post by gromit »

pass that while you ponder,...i like the cheese :mrgreen:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Fantastic post! I'll give it some thought and reply this week.
macky

Post by macky »

Solid list... Think I would change White widow to White Russian and orange to liberty haze.Never got good GSC in dam except dry siv from Utopia last April nice . So headband would be my exchange. 8) topic ,if it was growing strains my list would change.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Oh, what fun!!!

...Gonna go Old Skool, and stick with the classics in my Coffeeshop!

1 ) Skunk #1
2 ) White Widow
3 ) AK47
4 ) Northern Lights
5 ) Silver Bubble
6 ) Moroccan Hash #1
7 ) Moroccan Hash #2
8 ) Moroccan Hash #3
9 ) Temple Ball
10) Rotated "Strain Of The Month"

...The shop is called "The Surly Dutchman", and if you want table service or conversation, you can jog on! 8)

...No bongs, no vaporisers, no free skins or roaches... There will be an obscure and badly recorded jazz album playing CONSTANTLY, and with no break... There is only 1 unisex bathroom, and it's in use; indefinitely... The seats are very high, with no back support, and nowhere to put your feet; the tables are large, but uneven, and liable to wobble... There are newspapers provided in every language but yours; however, the lighting is set to a level of use only to Barn Owls; and the front door has a step..... Then it has two more... One slightly higher than the next... Then there's two doors... One ways half a ton, and the other is totally clear, one-piece poly-carbonate...

...Oh yeah, with a slight step in between them.

....Kinda sounds perfect to me... Not sure i'd get many customers, but the ones that do come in should provide ample entertainment! :D

(I realise that a menu alone would have done, but once the thought of my own coffeeshop entered my mind, i went a little nuts!)
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

I'd probably go with:

Super Lemon Haze
Blue Dream
Green Crack with its original name of Green Cush with a C
Amnesia Haze
Durban Poison
OG Kush
Gorilla Glue #4
Skunk #1
G13
Lambs Bread
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

This topic is a great one! I often day dream of the type coffeeshop I'd own. Unlike KeyMonCha, my CS would be a bit more welcoming. No offense, Key, because if there is anything I've learned about AMS, your shop would very well be more successful or equally so as mine!

1st I'd have a fancy espresso machine for cappuchino, latte, espresso, cafe Americano. Also an electric kettle for fresh mint tea and French press coffee. I would partner with that bad ass pastry shop, de Laatse Kruimel over on Langebrugsteeg en route to Cafe 'T Gasthuys, for pastries, cake, pies. Also obligatory juices so many people order.

Now the goodies:

Outdoor:

1. Frisian Dew. Hybrid w/ pine/wood taste. Euphoric, energetic, pleasant high.

2. AK-47. Hybrid w/ earthy and sweet floral. Classic strain. Creative and social w relaxed, uplifting high.

Bio:

1. Northern Lights. Indica w/ earthy and pine. Classic strain. Relaxing, sleepy, happy.

2. Power Plant. Sativa w/ strong earthy/woody smell. Happy, euphoric, uplifting, energizing.

Sativa:

1. Dr. Grinspoon. Citrus. Talkative, happy, uplifting.

2. Sleestack. Earthy/pine. Euphoric, uplifting, chatty, creative.

3. Neville's Haze. Citrus/diesel. Peaceful, focused, creative, energetic.

Indica:

1. Blue Cheese. Classic. It's blue cheese! Relaxed, happy.

2. Chemdawg. Hybrid indica heavy. Earthy, diesel. Relaxed, euphoric, uplifting.

3. LA Confidential. Earthy/piney woods. Calming, relaxing, sleepy, content.

One of each category rotates each week, but those are the core.

Big windows w natural light. Comfortable neighborhood-type setting w hardwood floors. Good tables for reading, writing, playing games, solving world problems.

Very clean. Well educated BudTenders who are helpful and friendly.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

1. Tangie

2. Super Silver Haze

3. Mango Haze

4. NYC Diesel

5. Grandaddy Purple

6. Blue Dream

7. Headbanger

8. OG Kush

9. Headband

10. GG #4

Amenities: Volcano on every table, truly tobacco free, wifi, AC/heating, diverse edibles and dabbing station with rosin press, rigs (torch and enail for use - deposit required)
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

I'll be a customer, :mrgreen: even that crazy jazz place with the steps and doors :D You guys do dream of nice shops :) I can't even remember the name of what I'm smoking let alone a "list" :lol: do you guys hold to the 5 gram limit :?: :wink: trust your nose listen to the BT and "smoke em if you got em"
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I really need to try this Gorilla Glue #4. I keep hearing it over and over. I saw it one time on the Erste Hulp menu back in March, and I have not seen it before or after.

Blue Dream has made 2 appearances as well. I need to try it, too.

Good lists, and again, fun topic! Thanks for starting it.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

How about this... Instead of a 5g limit, you pay €50 to enter, then you can smoke all you want when inside... Like a buffet! :D ...Drinks are free, but rolling materials and the bathroom are not...

...You could try all the weed without affecting your legal limit, and the good thing is, most people won't come close to smoking €50 worth... I'll be rolling in cash! :lol:

Gotta agree with LLMReb, that this is an awesome topic! :clap:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

KeyMonCha wrote:How about this... Instead of a 5g limit, you pay €50 to enter, then you can smoke all you want when inside... Like a buffet! :D ...Drinks are free, but rolling materials and the bathroom are not...

...You could try all the weed without affecting your legal limit, and the good thing is, most people won't come close to smoking €50 worth... I'll be rolling in cash! :lol:

...untill a few ACD´ers stops by, shop drained... :D

Man, a 50 € smoke all you can offer with just decent product would be a dream even without the drinks, warm up place each day! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Would be nice to see some new ideas in the CS world. It's probably time for an evolution in that industry.

If I can go to a nice wine bar and get 3 glasses of 2 oz. samples of good wine for, say $25 instead of spend $25 for one glass, or I can go to a cheese shop and get a 3 or 5 cheese sample platter, a CS with sample pricing would be nice.

You can purchase 1 gram for 15 euros, or for 20 euros you can get .4 grams of 3 strains. It's a 10% markup, but you get to sample. Then you have someone to suggest pairings. So you offer an outdoor to start and cleanse the palate. Then you suggest the indica with the earth tones for its relaxing and contented high. Then you finish with the sativa with the lemony taste to provide the uplifting, euphoric high. After the sample, you can purchase 1 gram of anything you sampled for a 1 euro discount.

So you move inventory from the shelves. You promote steady foot traffic. And you make an extra 1 euro with the very reasonable pricing (2 euros on the sample less 1 euro on the repurchase). Also, with the sample, you promote sales of the food/drink that have at least a 50% markup, and more like 100%.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Durban poison
Outdoor Cheese
Outdoor SIlverhaze
Outdoor Herijuana

White widow
Hindu Kush
White OG
Jack'O'Nesia

Amnesia maroccan hash
Candy kush maroccan hash

i think i could survive my entire life on this stash lol