Tobacco substitute ?

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Minxtus

Tobacco substitute ?

Post by Minxtus »

Hi guys,

The mrs and I have quit the smokes, she is off them 1,5 years and I'm approaching the year mark.
We are both keen to smoke plenty of joints in the dam but I don't know how we will go smoking pure grass joints as are tolerance will be very low.
I know some shops provide greengo, I have also heard of raspberry leaf and some other tobacco alternatives but never tried them.
Can anyone please recommend some options or share there experience with tobacco substitutes?

OneHighMofo

Re: Tobacco substitute ?

Post by OneHighMofo »

I used greengo for about ten minute when I quit tobacco. Until I realised that it smelt and tasted like burning piss. I tried a few others too - I really can't recommend any of them from a personal perspective.

I bought a little pipe at that time and then very quickly progressed to a vaporiser and rolling pure.

Sorry this isn't a more positive post!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 02:59 pm I used greengo for about ten minute when I quit tobacco. Until I realised that it smelt and tasted like burning piss. I tried a few others too - I really can't recommend any of them from a personal perspective.

I bought a little pipe at that time and then very quickly progressed to a vaporiser and rolling pure.

Sorry this isn't a more positive post!
Spoken as Truth!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Yes - stay clear of the pot pouri - tastes disgusting, and makes the weed or hash unsmokeable (imho). Stick to neat, bongs, and either outdoor (from yoyo) or brickweed (from Blackstar) as a mixer.

Just be careful with your first smoke - it's too easy to go at the neat hell for leather and end up under the table. A few tokes of neat in a bong, wait 30 mins, then go for it!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

In all the years they've had that stuff on Coffeeshop tables - I've never seen a single person use it!
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 03:50 pm In all the years they've had that stuff on Coffeeshop tables - I've never seen a single person use it!
It's even worse than greengo! I came off greengo about 2 months ago and have vaped ever since..
Need to get on the pure joints though for a bit of nostalgia
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 03:43 pm Just be careful with your first smoke - it's too easy to go at the neat hell for leather and end up under the table. A few tokes of neat in a bong, wait 30 mins, then go for it!
100% Agreed.
A couple of tokes on a small rizla rolled pure is the way I'd go personally; I always think that a bong is something of an advanced smoking device for the uninitiated (massive assumption by me of course) and must look pretty intense.

Another reason I apologised was not only for the response not being positive. But because I know from experience that it's not what the OP wants to hear. I remember what it feels like to quit Tobacco and still know people going through the throes. Aside from the pain of quitting; there was the uncertainty of how my weed consumption was going to change; and the dread that I might not enjoy it any more.

That really bothered me for a long time and was one of the major barriers to quitting.

That adjustment period (especially when it's enforced through quitting) from tobacco to pure is difficult for so many reasons. I really feel for the OP here.

The change can seem very expensive at first until one acclimatises to the new methodology. The good news is that once you do get your head around the new rituals and methods; weed goes SO MUCH further when ingested with a bong or vaporiser. It's INSANE how much longer that stash will last (or how much / how quickly higher you'll get if you're like me).

If I could give my old self some advice; and were in Minxtus' shoes. I'd say:
"Dude - don't dwell on the negatives of what you can't have or how it will be different. See the experience as part of the journey of quitting; use the freedoms and opportunities of Amsterdam to facilitate that transition. There are few better places to experience, practice and enjoy it."
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 03:53 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 03:50 pm In all the years they've had that stuff on Coffeeshop tables - I've never seen a single person use it!
It's even worse than greengo! I came off greengo about 2 months ago and have vaped ever since..
You need to get to 4\20 this April to blaze on with the crew mate - that's what you need to do :wink:
Lol sorry - bit pushy that!

I think some of the shops actually have Greengo. Sure I've seen branded bowls of the stuff - maybe in Barneys or somewhere?
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 04:09 pm
You need to get to 4\20 this April to blaze on with the crew mate - that's what you need to do :wink:

I think some of the shops actually have Greengo. Sure I've seen branded bowls of the stuff - maybe in Barneys or somewhere?
Most the CS have a much more floral/minty version but I've always heatd thst greengo is somewhere but never come across it.

I leave on 15th so miss 420..but will meeting some of the guys during my trip
matty223

Post by matty223 »

sNc wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 04:15 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 24th Mar 2017 04:09 pm

Most the CS have a much more floral/minty version but I've always heatd thst greengo is somewhere but never come across it.

I leave on 15th so miss 420..but will meeting some of the guys during my trip

PURE ONLY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

PURE ONLY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[/quote]

I'm just European what can I say? 😂 we like to do weird things.

But yeah I'm all about the pure game these days..in my vape of course! But anything else in a joint just tales away from the taste for me now
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

The most consistent healthy alternative is cutting joints with vaped weed. Though it tends to shit on the flavor. Just vape though, get yourself a sticky brick and the efficiency will more than make up for the lack of a filthy "cutting agent". That's my two cents anyway...
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

What's a sticky brick DeLekkersteNUGS16 ?

So what types of vapourisors do you guys recommend ?

I'm only going for a one off 5 day session so don't want to go spending money on a vapourisor plus I wouldn't want to travel with a used one.

What coffee shops provide vapourisors and are they clean ? I'm not fussy but my mrs is a major germ freak, it would be difficult to get her to touch one that even looks clean never mind dirty.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Amnesia
Paradox
Barney's
Bluebird

are the shops that come to my mind that have vaporizers.
winnie

Post by winnie »

what about using gruis?