Kosher Kush

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
dconstrukt

Re: Kosher Kush

Post by dconstrukt »

i had both from voyagers.... honestly... holy grail wasn't anywhere near kosher.... which is weird cuz its kosher / go

kosher IMO was much better.

S-t-e-v-e

Post by S-t-e-v-e »

dconstrukt wrote:i had both from voyagers.... honestly... holy grail wasn't anywhere near kosher.... which is weird cuz its kosher / go

kosher IMO was much better.
I guess no matter what you add you're only watering it down haha. Here's to hoping I get lucky I guess.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I don't know what the big deal is with the Kushes over the past year or so, very much over-hyped in my opinion.
+13 Euro, and for an Indica no less? NFW!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Opinion - Any Kush, Kosher, Kandy, or even the coveted OG#18 isn't worth the jacked-up prices being charged (by growers/distributors/shops).
Opinion - Sorry, but not even the liquor industry (including bars and restaurants) jacks their prices this ridiculously high.
Opinion - Sure, these establishments jack their prices 300-500% above cost, but it's nothing compared to growers/distributors/shops. Think in the 1000's %...
Opinion - What's Barney's/Greenhouse/etc... excuse? They grow their own brand FFS... This takes out the argument that it's all the fault of the middle man.
Opinion - Before too long (1-3yrs perhaps) most shops won't have any gear under 12E, unless some type of special.

I'd just as soon grow my own. Oh wait, I am.... and it costs less than 0.30 cents per gram.
My current crop of OG#18 and a couple of Cream Caramel Hybrids should average out between 0.23 - 0.25 cents per gram.

Happy trails... :mrgreen:
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Uncle Ron wrote:I don't know what the big deal is with the Kushes over the past year or so, very much over-hyped in my opinion.
+13 Euro, and for an Indica no less? NFW!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Opinion - Any Kush, Kosher, Kandy, or even the coveted OG#18 isn't worth the jacked-up prices being charged (by growers/distributors/shops).
Opinion - Sorry, but not even the liquor industry (including bars and restaurants) jacks their prices this ridiculously high.
Opinion - Sure, these establishments jack their prices 300-500% above cost, but it's nothing compared to growers/distributors/shops. Think in the 1000's %...
Opinion - What's Barney's/Greenhouse/etc... excuse? They grow their own brand FFS... This takes out the argument that it's all the fault of the middle man.
Opinion - Before too long (1-3yrs perhaps) most shops won't have any gear under 12E, unless some type of special.
:lol: Great statement there. I don't get it either. :wink: Of course Barneys and Greenhouse don't grow themselves - they would never do that since it's illegal :wink: . As if dozens of small time farmers would have nothing better to do than growing Barneys/Greenhouse seeds... :lol:
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Quazer wrote:
Uncle Ron wrote:I don't know what the big deal is with the Kushes over the past year or so, very much over-hyped in my opinion.
:lol: Great statement there. I don't get it either. :wink: Of course Barneys and Greenhouse don't grow themselves - they would never do that since it's illegal :wink: . As if dozens of small time farmers would have nothing better to do than growing Barneys/Greenhouse seeds... :lol:
I get the business aspect, ie... the cost of doing business, but it (pricing) starts with greed at what seems to be every level.
Based on information I've accumulated from various sources (shop owners, growers), shops pay distributors approximately 40%-50% of the advertised price.
This is by no means a hard statistic, meaning one that I can easily prove, as stated accumulated information.
My line of thinking is that if I had a shop and my own line of seeds, I would hire contract growers (salary with yield-based bonuses). Removes the middle man and so much more...

Happy trails... :mrgreen:
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

So UR, you're just mad that pricing is a result of what people are willing to pay?

Of course it's cheaper to grow your own, and better, and keeps you closer to jah and farther from the man.

But, if you're buying you're engaged in the market, and then the price is set by what people will pay for a product.

I don't think the shop owners are being greedy, any more than any business owner is greedy. They struggle to keep the kushes in stock because people like to smoke them so they charge accordingly.

Of course, now I'm in the land of "collectives", and it means better pricing and way better weed. Go hippie power! But the more popular strains are still more expensive.

Edited to add: penis, penis, PENIS :lol: :oops: :lol:
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
S-t-e-v-e

Post by S-t-e-v-e »

When people are willing to pay 16 euros a gram for top end sativas, its only natural that the coffeeshops are goign to want to capitalize on that for indicas as well. Personally I prefer indica, so its not the end of the world to me as long as it really is top quality... But yes the profit margin in certainly bigger for indica since they take less time to produce.

All that said, pretty well all weed in amsterdam is overpriced. I pay $10 canadian a gram usually for pretty good stuff and I don't even have that great of a hook up. I guess that's what happens when you commercialize weed, and it doesn't help when the majority of the customers are tourists.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

kush's are great.

have been for years.

i'm not worried on the price... its reasonable.

I laugh at these comments.... if I was worried about the prices of the weed in AMS... I'd be more worried about making more money instead. :)
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

geekymonkey wrote:So UR, you're just mad that pricing is a result of what people are willing to pay?
Of course it's cheaper to grow your own, and better, and keeps you closer to jah and farther from the man.
But, if you're buying you're engaged in the market, and then the price is set by what people will pay for a product.
I don't think the shop owners are being greedy, any more than any business owner is greedy. They struggle to keep the kushes in stock because people like to smoke them so they charge accordingly.
Of course, now I'm in the land of "collectives", and it means better pricing and way better weed. Go hippie power! But the more popular strains are still more expensive.
Edited to add: penis, penis, PENIS :lol: :oops: :lol:
Hey GM,
Mad, nope - lowly disappointed. I've said it before, stoners are their own worst enemy.
In this case because they are willing to pay ridiculous prices, ala Barney's and any shop charging over 14E for ANY Indica...

When I mention the cost of growing, it doesn't matter if weed is grown commercially or privately, the cost is the same, maybe even cheaper for commercial grows.
Purchasing certain materials in bulk for example, stealing utilities, :oops: and the list goes on...
Definitely greed when one jacks the price from 0.30ish to 5.00+... over inflated sense of self worth... :lol:
I disagree with your opinion that the price is set by what people will pay. The growers/distributors set the prices, and given the ridiculous jump a couple of years ago, Aug/Sep 2010 I think, (from an average of 4000-6000 Euro per Kg to 6500-8000), makes my point. They (distributors) don't care because they know stoners will pay. Can you say "captive audience"... Sure you can, you said penis three times... :lol:
People pay 18 Euros for a gram of weed, does that mean all weed should be at or near that price? See the failure in this particular argument?
Not many business rules apply to the cannabis world mainly because it's not completely regulated.

As for shop owners, I don't think most are greedy, although some are. Just my opinion based on what I've seen.
Some time ago, a shop owner sat down with me and explained the nuances of pricing, particularly the role of the tax collector.
What a fucked up system, one that is in DIRE need of a complete overhaul, especially the tax policies as they pertain to the back door.

Happy trails...
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

Another kushtastic marketing opportunity for the shops promoting a 'buzz word' or 'must have' for us tokers.
As sheeple a lot of folks follow the 'got to have' other stuff over the years, whether it be sports goods, fashion items or iPods etc.
Invariably this inflates the price and embellishes the demand, as with most things there are lots of other great alternatives. If you've got to try it then pay the price and chase the kush see how it goes although there is plenty of alternative killer stuff about at less per g.
Rightfully so there are currently one or two coffeeshops getting top praise for their wares, but just today somebody has commented positively on a centrally located shop barely reviewed.
Sometimes it's worth a little pioneering adventure in Mokum to try something different somewhere different.
Variety is the spice of life.
All the best,
RTnB
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

did you ever think the prices went up for other reasons?

equipment prices higher?
fertilizer/etc. prices higher?
risk - higher?

ever think the shops are paying more for it and pass the cost on?

does a can of coke cost the same as it did 5-10 years ago? no.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

dconstrukt wrote:did you ever think the prices went up for other reasons?
equipment prices higher?
risk - higher?
ever think the shops are paying more for it and pass the cost on?
does a can of coke cost the same as it did 5-10 years ago? no.
No to the first question, it's all about greed. What the market will bear is a euphemism for greed.
Equipment prices higher? Nope, especially since the introduction of digital ballasts a few years ago, the prices have gone down. I paid less for my new 600w than I did my 400w that I bought six years ago.
Fert/etc.. prices higher? Nope, unless one just has to have the latest that is on the market. New stuff same as the old stuff, just flashier packaging.
Risk higher? Nope, it's constantly at a high risk. Over inflated self worth...
The shops pay what the distributor demands, and then have to deal with the tax authorities, which I stated in the previous post.
Agreed, a can of coke costs more than it did 5-10 years ago. The 2 Liter plastic bottle version however is a different story. It's true... :lol: :mrgreen:

Love me some Kush, but the prices are a bit ridiculous (across the board perhaps)...
Happy trails...
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

equipment prices higher?
risk - higher?
You forgot to mention the devaluation of currency. An ounce is the same price it was 10 years ago, but we are in a worldwide financial crisis. Better keep prices the same so people still get stoned!

10 years ago for the price of a quarter i could get a full tank of gas, carton of cigs, and a case of beer....now i get a tank of gas....quit smoking cigs due to cost/health/love of pure cannabis ......and the weed FINALLY outweighs the alcohol so why waste the $??

As a friend of UR I will insist he quit corporate tobacco if he continues to grip of prices in AMS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Time to go burn one! Glad you decided to stay UR :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

redeyezman wrote:
equipment prices higher?
risk - higher?
You forgot to mention the devaluation of currency. An ounce is the same price it was 10 years ago, but we are in a worldwide financial crisis. Better keep prices the same so people still get stoned!
10 years ago for the price of a quarter i could get a full tank of gas, carton of cigs, and a case of beer....now i get a tank of gas....quit smoking cigs due to cost/health/love of pure cannabis ......and the weed FINALLY outweighs the alcohol so why waste the $??
As a friend of UR I will insist he quit corporate tobacco if he continues to grip of prices in AMS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Time to go burn one! Glad you decided to stay UR :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Cheers... If I had the will, I would quit cigs, but most of the time they taste so damn good. I know, it's all in my head... I have a plan, just don't know when I'll implement it...
I remember when White Widow was 6.50/gm, Amnesia was 8, NY Diesel for 8.50, and an assortment of cheeses for less than 10. This wasn't so long ago, at least for an old codger such as myself, less than 10yrs ago, closer to 5 actually.
Cost of living increases, cost of doing business increases, and yet the bud generally remains the same. Sure, some changes in flavor profiles, but the potency is about maxed out, hence the increasing demand for hash-type products. Given a few more years, oil will be all the rage in the cannabis world. Just my opinion...
Lastly, sure I gripe about the prices, all the way to the bud tenders counter as I purchase the next gram... :shock: :oops: :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
It's all good, even the Kosher Kush...
Happy trails...
treetop

Post by treetop »

Uncle Ron wrote:
redeyezman wrote:
equipment prices higher?
risk - higher?
Cheers... If I had the will, I would quit cigs, but most of the time they taste so damn good. I know, it's all in my head... I have a plan, just don't know when I'll implement it...
I remember when White Widow was 6.50/gm, Amnesia was 8, NY Diesel for 8.50, and an assortment of cheeses for less than 10. This wasn't so long ago, at least for an old codger such as myself, less than 10yrs ago, closer to 5 actually.
Cost of living increases, cost of doing business increases, and yet the bud generally remains the same. Sure, some changes in flavor profiles, but the potency is about maxed out, hence the increasing demand for hash-type products. Given a few more years, oil will be all the rage in the cannabis world. Just my opinion...
Lastly, sure I gripe about the prices, all the way to the bud tenders counter as I purchase the next gram... :shock: :oops: :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
It's all good, even the Kosher Kush...
Happy trails...
Hey I remember those days and you are right. No more than 5 years ago. WW can still be had for under 7eu btw. Cheese has gone up a lot as has diesel and of course kush but in kushes defence they have improved immeasureable as the price has increased.
How much did you produce?