Dank of England /Black the Ripper

Legal news, protests, etc.
Kenshiro

Dank of England /Black the Ripper

Post by Kenshiro »

Curious as to what peoples thoughts are on this guy and the videos, pop up shops etc.

I remember seeing the vine style videos back last year of him smoking it up indoors in establishments in UK (Burger King etc.) But also noticed a lot of activity with these guys releasing an album on itunes and generally making loads of noise with the pop up shops getting closed down or searched by police.

There's some humour to it all but I cant help feel it isn't the right type of campaigning and quite negative for many obvious reasons.

I'm all for standing up for your rights and not backing down but it just seems immature and reckless for the movement.. Don't think anyone outside of fuckboys fam init! Value what they are doing.

Thoughts?

Nuggz

Re: Dank of England /Black the Ripper

Post by Nuggz »

Prepare for the echo chamber and resounding consensus inline with your expectations.

Arrogant, brash wanker, a laugh the first time or two you see his spiel, just obnoxious all times henceforth.

9/10 will say the same I reckon.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Part of me wants to like him. I appreciate anarchy/peaceful rebellion in the interests of raising awareness.
The thing is though - awareness doesn't really need raising. And for me - the cannabis community certainly doesn't need its spokespeople to be as arrogant, irresponsible or annoying as 'Black the Ripper' can be.

I do quite like his nomme de guerre though :lol: :roll: :shock:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 24th Apr 2017 05:27 pm Prepare for the echo chamber and resounding consensus inline with your expectations.

Arrogant, brash wanker, a laugh the first time or two you see his spiel, just obnoxious all times henceforth.

9/10 will say the same I reckon.
OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 24th Apr 2017 09:21 pm Part of me wants to like him. I appreciate anarchy/peaceful rebellion in the interests of raising awareness.
The thing is though - awareness doesn't really need raising. And for me - the cannabis community certainly doesn't need its spokespeople to be as arrogant, irresponsible or annoying as 'Black the Ripper' can be.

I do quite like his nomme de guerre though :lol: :roll: :shock:
Thought as much 😂 and I quite like his moniker too.

But yeah he is brash and irresponsible for sure, just annoying to see so many people jump on the bandwagon....whilst some the merchandising/branding is clever I can't stand some of the shit they're churning out like the flip flops and "Stoned island" clothing..