Hill Street Blues

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Hill Street Blues

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
27%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
67%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
7%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 15

RoMoney

Re: Hill Street Blues

Post by RoMoney »

Still my favourite smoke friendly bar.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Still my favourite smoke friendly bar, perhaps because it doesn't feel like a bar!
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

The best smoke friendly bar - Good milkshakes / reasonable prices / Table service for when you are a bit past it! :D :D :D
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Dabbing has officially been banned FYI

Edit: was stoned and meant to deliver this most unfortunate piece of news in regards to Batavia....😪
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Has closed, really sad news! Many good memories including with some of you guys!
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Bugger. I don't drink in the Dam, but it was my go-to place for taking someone who did. Or just for relaxing a bit with a milkshake or coffee when I didn't want to be pressured, or tempted, into buying something to smoke.
kibby

Post by kibby »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 26th Jul 2020 03:48 pm Has closed, really sad news! Many good memories including with some of you guys!

Forever?

that is devastating news if so

:( :( :(
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Employees let go apparently, sounds permanent. Not my favourite smokers bar but an iconic place which will be missed
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

HitTheNorth wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 11:40 am Employees let go apparently, sounds permanent. Not my favourite smokers bar but an iconic place which will be missed
this sums of my feeling very well. Was indeed iconic, but was a bit too touristy and grimey to be my #1. I spent a substantial chunk of my first AMS visit here. Will be missed...

And indeed, I know a lot of the staff through my various circles, and they got fucked over pretty bad, so in spite of all the sentiments above, a big fuck you to the ownership.
Chuck5

Post by Chuck5 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 01:47 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 11:40 am Employees let go apparently, sounds permanent. Not my favourite smokers bar but an iconic place which will be missed
this sums of my feeling very well. Was indeed iconic, but was a bit too touristy and grimey to be my #1. I spent a substantial chunk of my first AMS visit here. Will be missed...

And indeed, I know a lot of the staff through my various circles, and they got fucked over pretty bad, so in spite of all the sentiments above, a big fuck you to the ownership.
I liked that bar and will miss it. In what way did the staff get fucked over? You know the owners?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Chuck5 wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 05:45 am

I liked that bar and will miss it. In what way did the staff get fucked over? You know the owners?

fired them without appropriate compensation in accord with the COVID measures and all that. I'm not going to get into it any further, cuz this isn't the place.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

I know one day I'll say to my grandkids, "you think this is bad? You never had t use the toilets in hill St blues!" 😂🤢
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

jonnerriah

Post by jonnerriah »

any news on the future of this place ?
I can I cant ?
Chuck5

Post by Chuck5 »