“We don’t want you here”: Amsterdam, Europe’s weed capital, pushes back on overtourism

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
RoMoney

Re: “We don’t want you here”: Amsterdam, Europe’s weed capital, pushes back on overtourism

Post by RoMoney »

Good share.

Can't see it changing. It's happening most capitals, same here, city centre is full of AirBnBs, stag parties and shops/restaurants that local people would never frequent.

Also a factor is the below.

World population 2006: 6,623,847,913
World population 2017: 7,600,000,000+

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
OneHighMofo

Re: “We don’t want you here”: Amsterdam, Europe’s weed capital, pushes back on overtourism

Post by OneHighMofo »

I guess I sympathise to some degree - but anyone expecting a quiet family life in a western capital city is either severely intellectually challenged, or brimming with an over inflated sense of class based self-importance. Get a grip. Move to the suburbs like everyone else.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 19th Dec 2017 01:18 pm ...but anyone expecting a quiet family life in a western capital city is either severely intellectually challenged, or brimming with an over inflated sense of class based self-importance.....
LOL. Completely agree, I've seen some nice apartment blocks with internal gardens that can make things nice, or I love the Moroccan Riad concept which gives you calm and tranquility in your home at least, but once you leave your place you will have people infringing upon you and your personal space and that needs to be accepted if you live in a city.

Saying that, I think people need to develop more respect for shared spaces as the planet fills up more. It's gonna get very crowded over the next 20 years. Projected world population in 2037 will is 9 billion.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

I find it funny that the governemnt doesnt like my money ,
We spend just a much if not more then tourist that dont smoke,

Matty
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

matty223 wrote: Sun 24th Dec 2017 12:41 pm I find it funny that the governemnt doesnt like my money ,
We spend just a much if not more then tourist that dont smoke,

Matty
You are right Matty how many other “tourist” visit more than a couple of times, and leave as much money as we do

Merry Christmas
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Als jullie Nederlanders niet het leuk vinden, rot op dan naar jullie eigen visdorpjes hoor !
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Hmmm... Not sure that Google translate is accurate on DLN's last post...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 25th Dec 2017 10:39 am Hmmm... Not sure that Google translate is accurate on DLN's last post...
Translation: if you Dutchies don't like it (Amsterdam's current situation) fuck off to your own tiny fishing-villages then ya hear.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Yeah, thought it was something close to that, Google had it with more or less the opposite meaning... :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: