Popeye

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Popeye

I like Popeye
80%
I don't like Popeye
20%

Total votes: 124

Boner

Post by Boner »

The Pink Kush, the picture doesn't really do it justice but it was probably the strongest smoke I had in December.

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
rks0

Post by rks0 »

Went last week, and had the Pink Kush, and the Chocolate.
The Kush was nice- strong, flavoursome, and fragrant- knocked me sideways (One of the best smokes of my trip!).
The Chocolate- hmm, again a lovely smooth smoke, but not what I was expecting, or hoping for.
dr.stranger

Post by dr.stranger »

Dropped by today for some pink kush as I've missed that sweet taste since I'd last had some at grey area in early april.
Looks great and smokes Ok too... defo not worth 15 e/g... thats just crazy! Reckon some of the less xpensive options were worth a try though.
Nice coffee shop but was just passin through. The owner was cool and offered an obligatory toke on the house pipe...
:wink:
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

DONT GO HERE.

dealer tried to take the piss. i asked to see ny diesel, he shows me some sweet nice buds. asked to buy. he picks up different box to sell to me out of. im like mate no way. he like its the same weed and shows me a box of diesel shake. i had to specificaly ask for the nice buds he'd shown me, and he gave em a shake on the way out the tub.

never going here again. tourist trap run by indians out to get your money.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

each to there own and all that but I've never felt it to be a tourist trap, Friendly and Welcoming Yes, Slightly expensive,Yes Tourist trap, Nah.
Endure
travelling high

Post by travelling high »

On my last trip I had a great experience in popeyes.No hassles and great herb :D
When Things Are Down Get High!!
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

each to there own. but if you ask to see the buds, see they are ok, and then try to give different ones?!?!?

ok if u want a gram i guess BUT I bought 5.
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

the dealer tried to charge us an extra 5 Euros aswell. not impressed... had to point to the price on the menu after he'd given me less change, as he thought it was 37.50 when it was printed at 32.50.

after he'd tried to sell me differnt buds to the ones he showed us... overall 2 out of 10. was fairly cheap bud on haarlemerstraat, where prices can be extortionate.
dan-88

Post by dan-88 »

I went there twice on my last time and both time I was extremely impressed with the service, price and standard of everything.

First time we went was on Sunday 11th May.

Bought a gram of Super Silver Haze at 10e. which knocked my socks off, and for some reason he gave me a free gram of some strain. This was definetely free, I paid 16 euro for the Super Silver and two chocomel's at 3 euro (these were delicious from here).

The free weed was quite potent and tasty, gave a very giggly high (do you know what this strain is, extremely hairy, there was an advert on the tables upstairs saying "free shake bhang lasie from India" on a Sunday morning?)

After finishing off the SSH, I went down and asked for a nice hash, he recommended the Popeye Cream at 12.50e. (I thought oh yes, I know where you're coming from, your house hash at a pretty expensive price). Half a single skin joint later me and my friend were both pretty much knocked out for the next 2 hours (it gave a very dreamy, almost opium like high, and the thick smoke was delicious).

Second time was on the Tuesday that we were leaving, we bought a gram of Bubblegum at a mere 7.50e. which was as good as always. We also had our best english breakfast of the trip.

This is a must go for all future trips.
Kingsp4de

Post by Kingsp4de »

HasjDreamer wrote:Hey guys...sitting in Popeye's using their VERY inexpensive internet use (1.5 euro, free if you purchase for a half hour) and it is the wife & I's favorite hang out spot so far (we just arrived yesterday morning). The staff is amazingly friendly (ask for Attilla when you arrive) and their Alladin's chocolate WAS fantastic but the show stealer HAD to be their Pink Kush. What a flavor and an INSTANT hi !
that's weird, the Pink Kush I tried when I was there didn't seem all that good.. It was a darker green, kinda stringy, an didn't have to much of a powerful taste/high. And it was kinda overpriced. i think it was 15 euro a gram.
Themindwanders

Average

Post by Themindwanders »

Popeye is an okay place, the staff were friendly enough if not all that enthused. It is a nice little place to sit in though the upstairs can get a little bit hot! The space brownie is delicious but not too strong - it's a pretty average shop really. It did seem like the staff were keeping an eye on me so that i didn't sit in after eating the cake without buying anything more.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

well the first time i walk in this year i pull a in and out the budtender and some guy sitting down didnt like the fact i did that so they let me know next day. then i let them know they was 250 other shops and didnt give a woot if they didnt like the fact of in&out told them BYE BYE!! i went down to PINK FLOYD across the straat :wink:
clunk

Post by clunk »

we had a smart fry up in there one sunday morning . they didnt bother that i knocked one up with amesia haze i got from someware else, pretty surreal breakfast actualy, by the time the food came i was trashed. nice quite place to sit and chill
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I like this place and have never had any probs with the staff/owner. There weed can be up and down sometimes but still a good place to chill especially if all the other good local shops are packed out.
Worth the visit but beware can be pushy!!
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Always hit up Popeye's when we're in town...late August popped in for coffee and Pink Kush (overpriced, but...) and were given internet at no charge and our choice of laptops. Settled in, smoked a fatty, checked my email and got directions to Het Schip.

How can I complain?
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast