Electronic Music Production and Recordings thereof, maybe normal production as well...

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

Pierre von Mondragon

Re: Electronic Music Production and Recordings thereof, maybe normal production as well...

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Looks good, I was gutted when the Drumbrute came out 2 months after I'd finished work to go back to uni, you liking it? Is that an old Korg 700s as well?

HashyH

Re: Electronic Music Production and Recordings thereof, maybe normal production as well...

Post by HashyH »

It's one of these - http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/micropreset.php

Pretty decent for what it is - single oscillator synth with very limited controls. Can sound ridiculously fat. It's supposed to be a hard wired scaled down ms10. The bass can sound pretty Moog esque.

It hasn't got any cv/gate controls but there's a retrofit kit out there I may invest in at some point.

Pretty impressed with the Behringer Pro one and 101 clones unveiled last week..
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

The Drumbrute is wicked. The separate outputs and polyrhythm functions sealed the deal for me.

I've already got the standard Roland techno kits in other machines (jx305, r70) so was after something different. The kicks through the RAT distortion pedal is pure filth, think early AFX Didgeridoo/Tamphex etc.
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

Had a listen to your bandcamp stuff, realky decent mate. Nice atmospheres.
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

Awake By The Light Of Devices sounds like very Kosmische.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

HashyH wrote: Tue 8th May 2018 03:18 pm Awake By The Light Of Devices sounds like very Kosmische.
Thanks, yeah, I love most of the late 60s-early70s great German bands, I taught myself how to do the Dingerbeat on drum machines, and can't resist a few nice TD style sequences.
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

Likewise, I fckin love TD, Can, Neu!, Cluster, Amon Düül, Kraftwerk etc.