A few hotel questions from someone who hasn't visited in close to a decade....

Accommodation related topics.
FenixNYC

A few hotel questions from someone who hasn't visited in close to a decade....

Post by FenixNYC »

Just curious what the general consensus is on a few things.

I'm looking at a few hotels and trying to find something that is A) smoker-friendly and B) has a private shower/bathroom, etc.

I've stayed at Greenhouse Effect in the past (awesome beach-themed room) along with Mallmoolen (super small and no private bathroom).

I'm currently looking at the Koopermoolen, as it seems to check both boxes along with being right where I want to be on Warmoestraat.

Have been reading and going through a ton of threads and Voyagers caught my eye.

The believed Room #2 is not available for my dates, but a Single and Triple with the shared facilities are.

Would you guys opt for Voyagers or gonfoe the private bath at Koopermoolen?

Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
DjShaggy

Re: A few hotel questions from someone who hasn't visited in close to a decade....

Post by DjShaggy »

Your not allowed to smoke in voyagers hotel if that helps?
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
FenixNYC

Re: A few hotel questions from someone who hasn't visited in close to a decade....

Post by FenixNYC »

I saw that a few rooms had rather large windows and quite a few members mentioning if you stuck near the windows it wouldn't be an issue.

Completely forgot Voyagers Hotel is technically a non-smoking establishment.
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 29th Dec 2018 04:46 pm Your not allowed to smoke in voyagers hotel if that helps?
I saw that a few rooms had rather large windows and quite a few members mentioning if you stuck near the windows it wouldn't be an issue.

Completely forgot Voyagers Hotel is technically a non-smoking establishment though - thank you!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hotel Di Ann has clean single rooms with a balcony, they are not very big but big enough, they are clean and its just behind the royal palace. The stairs up to the reception are the usual Amsterdam steep mother fuckers.

I have stayed here twice as its quite cheap and on my own its ideal for a short stay, normally I have apartments.

I will be staying here on March 10th for a couple nights., so can let you know if anything has changed drastically.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
smokini

Post by smokini »

FenixNYC wrote: Sat 29th Dec 2018 04:57 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Sat 29th Dec 2018 04:46 pm Your not allowed to smoke in voyagers hotel if that helps?

Completely forgot Voyagers Hotel is technically a non-smoking establishment though - thank you!
They have ashtrays in all rooms, though :)
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

So my trip is approaching and only two weeks away.

I have bookings at Voyagers for the whole trip, the first 2 nights in the single room and the next 3 nights in the twin ensuite.

The more I think about those stairs the more I'm considering finding another location (with lift) for those first 2 nights and was considering Hotel CC....

Has anyone ever been?

And would you drop another couple hundred Euro to save yourself the hassle of stairs the first 2 nights?