Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Accommodation related topics.
OneHighMofo

Re: Bulldog Hotel and Hostel Closed for Renovation Feb-Jul 2020

Post by OneHighMofo »

ed the head wrote: Mon 12th Aug 2019 09:57 pm Pretty sure that just means all rooms have a bathroom. They are almost all dorm rooms 4-12 people. I believe they have 1-2 private rooms for 1-2

There are At least 3-4 private rooms on every floor catering for between 1 and 4 people. Myself and my brother usually take one of the twin or double rooms apiece and I’m certain there are others - I’ve stayed in most of them over the years. Rarely had the same room twice in a row even in years I’ve visited 3-4 times

KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Stayed here a few times 'back in't day' and, as MoFo said, never had the same room and always stayed in a twin room... Sometimes with the little fold-out bed when there was a few of us, and was under the impression there were at least 4 private rooms on every floor... Just did a test booking for December, and i have no issue with booking 8 private double rooms at once, 3 quad private, and 4 triples, and that's not including dorms, delux or apts...

...Let's hope they redecorate those bathrooms during this renovation, eh? ...Sure they ain't changed anything in over 20 years, and those tiles give me terrible 'Shroom flashbacks! :crazy: :sick:
GiftedAnimal

Post by GiftedAnimal »

We have 2 twin ensuit rooms booked and paid for for June 5th this year. So I assume its open...... 😕 😂
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Good news, thank you.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
khanhamza

Post by khanhamza »

Are you sure that just means all rooms have a bathroom. They are almost all dorm rooms 4-12 people. I believe they have 1-2 private rooms for 1-2
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Anymore news on the rehab, i am thinking about booking a private room ( almost 4 grand less then the hotel i was booked at., the apt. I wanted was booked, and thd freaking hotels are outragously expensive for april 2023, was booked at the HardRock, but they wanted over 5 grand for 10 nights i just cant justify spending 5k for a room, so i booked the Bulldog. First time staying at the bulldog,
matty223

Post by matty223 »

matty223 wrote: Fri 9th Dec 2022 12:01 pm Anymore news on the rehab, i am thinking about booking a private room ( almost 4 grand less then the hotel i was booked at., the apt. I wanted was booked, and thd freaking hotels are outragously expensive for april 2023, was booked at the HardRock, but they wanted over 5 grand for 10 nights i just cant justify spending 5k for a room, so i booked the Bulldog. First time staying at the bulldog,
Booked 17-25
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

matty223 wrote: Fri 9th Dec 2022 03:17 pm
matty223 wrote: Fri 9th Dec 2022 12:01 pm Anymore news on the rehab, i am thinking about booking a private room ( almost 4 grand less then the hotel i was booked at., the apt. I wanted was booked, and thd freaking hotels are outragously expensive for april 2023, was booked at the HardRock, but they wanted over 5 grand for 10 nights i just cant justify spending 5k for a room, so i booked the Bulldog. First time staying at the bulldog,
Booked 17-25
:D I hope you like it as much as I do Matty
On my trip last year, they did away with included breakfast, and instead it was 6E per day. Still a goede koop at 6E, granted better included but they are also recovering from the covid shutdowns.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
matty223

Post by matty223 »

I am always on the lookout for something else
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Stayed here back in November for 4 nights in a double room and the room was clean, had a good warm shower and even had a kettle with T and coffee to drink, there was a fridge and a table. It was a good place to stay and with the extra benefit of having a lift up to the floors to save on the stair climbing.

I did have breakfast with my stay but did have to pay the 6e per night like @EdtheHead said previously for it, I only had it the 1st morning and then was just going straight out and eating as I moved around. The breakfast was continental and was ok fairly reasonable price if you stuff your face, would I pay 6e a night for it again :?: I doubt it and when over for 420 I will pass on it and eat out myself.

The lounge is a cool place to hang when in town and during 420 week it was excellent hanging there with all the ACD crew and was reasonably quiet then(although a little to loud for a decent conversation), when I was over in November it was a lot more busier in town and the lounge was packed every day and I found it quite hard to obtain a seat even for just 2 of us, is the lounge just for hotel guests :?: like advertised and sold as :?: I am not so sure on that as the amount of people just walking in and using the lounge for a quick pit stop was quite noticeable when sitting and watching for a few hrs while taking a few good dabs :D

We are booked here for 420 - 2023 :thumbup: but if anything else pops up like a decent smoking apartment then we might move our choice of digs.

Overall a good spot to stay, nice and local to the top end of town, has clean rooms with towels and maybe a kettle, has a lift and has the lounge to use, is a good place to meet people :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I see that it will be closed from the 7th January until June 2024 (tbd) so no bookings for 420 week which is a shame as I was going to have a look at getting a reasonably cheap room for the week

What does tbd mean?
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D