New shop page structure

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

New shop page structure

Post by Lemming »

I'm experimenting with a new structure for the shop pages.

The initial idea was to have a second page for additional pictures but then I realised that dividing the existing material into separate pages would also be advantageous. By having the first page show simply basic details means that it will load very quickly. The external content (maps, streetview, menus, etc.) is the slowest to load so moving that to its own page means that it will not drag down the whole shop.

I've been prototyping on a copy of the Barney's page because I happen to have a good selection of pictures of that. So far it's still quite rough, being manually created out of bits and pieces. At some point I'll need to modify the generator so that all of the shops are done this way.

The pictures page is designed to resize almost infinitely so it will organise itself differently on small phones held upright or sideways, on larger phones, tablets, laptops and big screens.

The tab buttons (basic, extra pics, etc.) at the top are not yet optimised for phones so they will be a bit big and clunky on a small screen. They should work though.

If you're interested you can see the work in progress here

choppermike

Re: New shop page structure

Post by choppermike »

Just had a quick shufti there Lemming, love the "extra pictures" link.!
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: New shop page structure

Post by Lemming »

Improved the tab buttons on phones now.
Probably need to clear cache to see.