The Dab Lounge - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Legal recreational and medical dispensaries.
Nuggz

The Dab Lounge - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Post by Nuggz »

Background:

Visiting family in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The state's second largest city, at around 750k inhabitants. Colorado Springs is home to the Air Force Academy and several other military installations, this contributes to it being one of the relatively conservative parts of the state, and consequentially despite Colorado's legalization of the herb, Colorado Springs as a municipality has elected not allow recreational sales/dispensaries within its city-limits - but instead only medical sales/dispensaries.

Adjacent municipality Manitou Springs, does allow rec sales, and is home to the only two recreational dispensaries in the greater Colorado Springs area. So while waiting in the very long line to pickup at one of these dispensaries, I got to chatting with other waiting customers. Was cued in on a little place called "The Dab Lounge" an alleged cannabis social club and consumption space. Crazily enough, this establishment is located in CS city-limits.

Not knowing what to expect I took an Uber out there last night. There was a reception-area with some RAW papers and other general paraphernalia for sale. The guy at the reception area explains that it's a social club, based on donation policy. 1 point = $1 and donation points can be made to enjoy what is offered. Entry is 5 points and comes with one dab included. I walk past the reception through a door to another room, there's a long area with various free arcade machines and then a "dab bar" with a "dab tender". The bar is a glass case set up with even more assorted paraphernalia, dab torches, topical cannabinoid-bearing products, CBD supplements, grinders, etc. on top of the glass casing are maybe 5 e-nails ready to go. The dab-tender pulls out a try with about a half-dozen extracts for me to choose between for my entry dab. I opt for some Purple Punch badder, which smells and tastes lovely, and as my first dab in at least weeks, floors me rather quickly.

The dab-tender further explains and points to a menu. Single dabs are 4 or 5 points depending on product. Grams of extract can be purchased for 30-50 points. There is also flower, maybe 5 strains. Point system says 10-12 points per gram; 30-40 points per 1/8th; 90-120 points per half-oz. As the points are a donation based system, it seems no sales-tax is levied on any of this 8) Also as it is a social club, membership can be purchased to save money on the 5 point entry every time (didn't inquire about exact point cost for membership and/or duration of said membership, as it wasn't relevant for me). Though even standard entry isn't bad deal since it comes with a complimentary dab anyway, IMHO...

I grab a bottle of water and continue ahead from the bar to yet another room, this one larger with 2 large wrap-around couches. A hand full of smaller sofas, several seating tables, two pool tables, multiple flatscreens, and at least one video-game console. I try to pack a few vapcaps, and manage with much struggle as the PP dab has decimated my motor skills. I start off with the Lemon Zkittlez I bough at Green Solutions in Denver, weird flavor in vapcap, lemony, sour and then something a bit off. I skin up a joint, and it burns clean enough, but not perfect, better taste in joint and quite potent. I move on to the Extreme Cream flower, better taste in the vapcap than the LZ. Earthy, mildly spicey, hint of cream, very potent (labeling says 28% THC content).

I go back over to the bar area and decide to have a peak at the flowers on offer. She pulls out five jars, and recommend the "Gorilla - something" I take a whiff first of that, nice gassy, vaguely sour and spicy notes. I take a whiff of the other four for good measure, but am somewhat underwhelmed. So I go with a grab a gram of the Gorilla-whatever for a tenner, and head back to the chill room area. I load up the Gorilla in the vapcap, and am pleasantly surprised with the flavor, gassy, flora and subtly creamy on the exhale. I use the remainder of the gram, and a tiny remaining bit of LZ to skin up a massive bat, and puff away on that. One gripe I have about the CO bud, and I'm not sure whether it's the packaging/storage or the dry climate, or even both - is that a lot of it is quite dry. However, I think it most likely is the very dry air unfortunately, and thus there's only so much that can be done. In any matter, I think the quality and value for money is there if you shop at the right dispensaries, which I hope to do so in Denver next Thursday when I'm there.

I head over to dab bar to puff away on the Bee Nectar Snow Squall crumble and the Denver Extracts Citrus Dream Cookies sugar wax. Both are fine enough, but tasted better in the vapcap. However, I chalk that up to to it being a constantly burning ti e-nail as much as anything. I grab a final dab of "Headstash #2" diamond sauce for the road, a 4 point dab, nice ear ringing blast off high, and sour tangy moderately gassy on the exhale.

All-in-all, a pretty dope find. Not sure I've been in any social consumption space as "free" and laid back as this place, neither in AMS nor BCN. If you're ever in the area, well worth a visit!

AzLaker

Re: The Dab Lounge - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Post by AzLaker »

Thank's for that nice little write up NUGS on the lounge scene. Sounds like a nice assortment of waxes, sauces and budder. :mrgreen: A little green to satisfy everybody else's needs also. :wink: :lol: And the prices, excuse me, donations are really nice too! :roll: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Excellent! More please!
I'd love to have a section here for US dispensaries and clubs like the Spanish section.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Me too, :mrgreen: flying has become more and more difficult, but I can drive the continental USA and Canada :lol: 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Post by macky »

Willjay wrote: Sun 29th Dec 2019 06:35 pm Me too, :mrgreen: flying has become more and more difficult, but I can drive the continental USA and Canada :lol: 8)
Just googled me to Denver 22hour drive ,can drive Miami in that time from here :D
That’s a fly only for me but your write up Nug,s does got me thinking :shock:
Will jay you can drive here pretty easy like you said ...Welcome mats open
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lemming wrote: Sun 29th Dec 2019 04:15 pm Excellent! More please!
I'd love to have a section here for US dispensaries and clubs like the Spanish section.
Thanks for the kind words, and glad to see you approve of this! :mrgreen:

I hope to add a review for at least one more social consumption site and at least 2-3 actual dispensaries by the time my trip draws to a close.

Stay tuned for more updates y'all! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Whenever I visit Denver, Green Solution is my go to dispensary.
Great gear, friendly service, good prices, and a senior discount.

Their menu lives here:

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/ ... -edgewater

Just noticed a new item I may have to check out next visit.

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/ ... =154451315

Enjoy
FlyByNite
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

iBake closed as of Jan 1st! Got to experience it in November. Wow. What an amazing atmosphere. Glad to see some other lounges still up!
tot ziens

Post by tot ziens »

420, Speakeasy, and A64 are some other Cannabis "social" clubs in the Springs. They have another 3 years before they close the doors. The local government said they were circumventing the law (they are) but gave them a 7 year grace period to shut down.
If you're in the area do not go to Manitou Springs for recreational, they get $450 per Oz. and the product is garbage. Pueblo is 30 minutes away and they've got lots of top notch products.
Lots to do and see here in the Springs too.

Tot Ziens.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

tot ziens wrote: Sun 5th Jan 2020 11:39 pm 420, Speakeasy, and A64 are some other Cannabis "social" clubs in the Springs. They have another 3 years before they close the doors. The local government said they were circumventing the law (they are) but gave them a 7 year grace period to shut down.
If you're in the area do not go to Manitou Springs for recreational, they get $450 per Oz. and the product is garbage. Pueblo is 30 minutes away and they've got lots of top notch products.
Lots to do and see here in the Springs too.

Tot Ziens.
Ah shit do you live in the Springs? What are the odds, another ACDer in town. Unfortunately headed back to AMS tomorrow, but would be nice to maybe arrange a T&T next time I'm here, if you're keen...

I tried Speakeasy last night, it seemed to be closed. My Lyft driver taking me home from the Dab Lounge gave me a huge scoop on all the clubs, and the ban on rec sales in CS, etc. He also mentioned one club that apparently has survived and likely will survive all the shakedowns, owned by Native Americans, go figure - know anything about this one?

I didn't actually sample any flower from my brief visit at Maggie's Farm in Manitou, all the flower I bought was from Denver dispensaries.
tot ziens

Post by tot ziens »

Sorry I missed you. I'm always open for a session with world travelers. I give a pretty good tour of the area. Anyone heading my way just give me a heads up.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

tot ziens wrote: Mon 6th Jan 2020 02:29 pm Sorry I missed you. I'm always open for a session with world travelers. I give a pretty good tour of the area. Anyone heading my way just give me a heads up.
Well my family lives there, so I'll be back within the next year. Very likely, even during the coming summer, hope to catch you for a sesh then! :mrgreen: