More coffeeshop pictures

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

More coffeeshop pictures

Post by Lemming »

I've got a collection of well over 8,000 photos of coffeeshops on my PC. Most were taken by me over the past 10 years or so. Others were sent to me by correspondents and some were scanned from prints in the pre-digital age.

Early layouts of the site allowed me to display more than one picture per shop but for many years server space was very tight so I had to use tiny photos. Thanks to HullDJ's generosity, space is no longer an issue and I've been trying to get one good picture on every shop where possible.

For ages I've been wanting to publish more of the pictures from the collection, especially for shops that I have a good variety of different pictures of. Just recently I've started some experiments to do this. You can see a list of shops with extra pictures here: List of shops with extra pictures. (this list is also available from the 'More' button, incidentally)

Ghost

Re: More coffeeshop pictures

Post by Ghost »

Would love to see those @Lemming :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've added a few more pictures recently. A couple more of De Kuil/420 Cafe and Ballonnetje plus new pages for Pink Floyd and The Wall.

Full list here: Links to picture pages
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sun 5th Apr 2020 07:12 pm I've added a few more pictures recently. A couple more of De Kuil/420 Cafe and Ballonnetje plus new pages for Pink Floyd and The Wall.

Excellent @Lemming some great photos there, i remember the old 'Pink Floyd' shop as it was the second shop i visited back in the day and i loved it, i also remember 'The Wall. On my 1st visit i remember we visited Picasso's, Pink Floyd and Barney's literally after just arriving in town and we was complete;y wasted from a Big Bud joint and then a Northern Lights joint before we nearly fell down the spiral stair case in Picasso's and staggered up to Pink Floyds and then up to Barneys for a cracking breakfast :D good times
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've built a mechanism to output picture pages from the database. Bits of code for the generator, CSS and JavaScript for presentation. This means I can get stuff out roughly and improve it later.

So far I've bunged out pics of 14 shops. Most recently I've been working on some of my old favourites in Amsterdam: Picasso (now Amsterdamned), Sanementereng (now Mr K & Co) and Homegrown Fantasy.

Full list here.
Comus

Post by Comus »

jeez i forgot all about sanmentereng!! what a place! .... Jordaan was a hell of a lot different back then. on queens day the shop used to get all the stuff out onto the road and have a sale .... but then everybody did i guess ... one big yard sale ..... it's such a shame the stiffs and suits managed to balls up the city and turn it into a cash laundrette :|
I'm in shocks and stares
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I'm still adding more of these from time to time. I've attempted to improve the layout mechanism too.

If you have a very large screen (above 1920 x 1200) I'd be very interested to know how well these pages work, or don't. In fact I'd be interested in their behaviour on any device, especially any issues that need fixing.

Anyway, I added a bunch of pics of Yo-Yo the other day.