Took Plunge and Booked up

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Ghost

Re: Took Plunge and Booked up

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Tue 30th Nov 2021 12:53 pm Sorry to hear about your cancelation Ghost, but all in all your doing the right thing. Good to hear you got most of your trip money returned and shame on the place you were going to stay jack you around. I sure hope you make your January trip. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Yes was gutted @AzLaker but was for the best. Have now just cancelled my January booking as the Netherlands is on lockdown until the 14th Jan now and we were supposed to be getting into town on the 9th. Apartment cancelled and full refund :thumbup:.

I am now thinking of just extending the April 420 trip for another week and spending 2 weeks roughly in town but my mates is not keen on that due to work commitments, may end up going in Feb/March for a couple of nights if the current situation has improved :thumbup:

If not hopefully we can have a massive blowout in April hey guys :mrgreen:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Update - Have cancelled the apartment for our February trip with my mate and moved them flights to the back end of the year now as they are flights from Gatwick, so we now have a trip at the end of the year.

We still have the 420 week booked with an apartment booked and flights from our local airport with KLM, well i had an email from KLM last night saying that the flight on the 18th April at 9.20am has been cancelled and they have put us on the next available flight which is at 17:20 on the 18th so not overly impressed with this as we have lost a day again, didn't think this would happen again to us as the flights are a few months away but heyho.

So will be keeping a close eye on the run up to 420 as do not fancy losing money again due to last minute changes, fingers crossed for us all though.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Sat 29th Jan 2022 11:31 am Update - Have cancelled the apartment for our February trip with my mate and moved them flights to the back end of the year now as they are flights from Gatwick, so we now have a trip at the end of the year.

We still have the 420 week booked with an apartment booked and flights from our local airport with KLM, well i had an email from KLM last night saying that the flight on the 18th April at 9.20am has been cancelled and they have put us on the next available flight which is at 17:20 on the 18th so not overly impressed with this as we have lost a day again, didn't think this would happen again to us as the flights are a few months away but heyho.

So will be keeping a close eye on the run up to 420 as do not fancy losing money again due to last minute changes, fingers crossed for us all though.
Nice one Ghost. Better to play it safe. For a minute there, I thought you might have changed your 420 plans. :shock: :lol: :wink:
Let's hope everything keeps going down and nothing new pops up. Room and air are still in order.
Maybe we'll get lucky THIS year. (I think I've said that before) :evil: Still optimistic :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Sat 29th Jan 2022 02:35 pm
Nice one Ghost. Better to play it safe. For a minute there, I thought you might have changed your 420 plans. :shock: :lol: :wink:
Let's hope everything keeps going down and nothing new pops up. Room and air are still in order.
Maybe we'll get lucky THIS year. (I think I've said that before) :evil: Still optimistic :thumbup:
AzLaker
8)
No not cancelled the 420 @AzLaker still hoping to get into town for a proper 420 blast, have added an extra day to the trip though as KLM bumped the flight out, so i booked the day before now, still a poor flight time but at least we will be in town for the Monday instead of losing the whole day, little extra cost but hey we haven't been in town in over 2 years so we all deserve it :thumbup:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Update for 2022 420 Trip = arriving like an excited kid in town on the 17th April :D in the evening for 5 days of Dam Festivities/Smoking :mrgreen: /Eating/Drinking/Meeting People and generally having a wicked time :D whilst enjoying what Amsterdam has to offer again once more 8)

Will be leaving on the 22nd April :( in the evening for the trek back to reality once again :!: and earning for 420 the following year :thumbup:

So overall 17th April - 22nd April :D :mrgreen: 8) :!: :wave: :thumbup: 'Happy Days'

Hoping to catch up and have a smoke with whoever is in town over the 420 week :thumbup: