Took Plunge and Booked up

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Ghost

Re: Took Plunge and Booked up

Post by Ghost »

Willjay wrote: Mon 22nd Nov 2021 03:29 pm Hello Ghost, I won’t try to give you advice on your travels but for us at this point in the pandemic I am not traveling :( I’m old and high risk and also don’t want to deal with people who would rather be destructive than wear a mask :evil: I’m just going to stay home with my medical card and wait for the “storm to clear” :lol:
Have fun with your trip if you take it :mrgreen:
Cheers @Willjay going to hopefully make it over and have a lot of fun if possible. Lets hope the storm clears sooner rather than later for us all but doesn't look good with the current rises going on over Europe. We are still going to go on over to the Dam and enjoy ourselves like we would normally, have had to do enough to get this far, but will just stay in our small group and stay cautious with masks and good hand hygiene etc.

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Ghost wrote: Mon 22nd Nov 2021 08:52 pm
Willjay wrote: Mon 22nd Nov 2021 03:29 pm Hello Ghost, I won’t try to give you advice on your travels but for us at this point in the pandemic I am not traveling :( I’m old and high risk and also don’t want to deal with people who would rather be destructive than wear a mask :evil: I’m just going to stay home with my medical card and wait for the “storm to clear” :lol:
Have fun with your trip if you take it :mrgreen:
Cheers @Willjay going to hopefully make it over and have a lot of fun if possible. Lets hope the storm clears sooner rather than later for us all but doesn't look good with the current rises going on over Europe. We are still going to go on over to the Dam and enjoy ourselves like we would normally, have had to do enough to get this far, but will just stay in our small group and stay cautious with masks and good hand hygiene etc.
Looking forward to a trip report, have fun and ENJOY ENJOY your trip
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Mon 22nd Nov 2021 08:35 pm
AzLaker wrote: Mon 22nd Nov 2021 02:00 pm Ghost, I say GO for it!! A little inconvenience going and coming back is worth it. Now that you've updated your digs and can smoke in your room, start hitting the C.S.'s earlier, stock up on the herb before they close and you're good to go. :D You guys will have a great time and I look forward to reading your trip report while you're in town. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Yes cheers @Az for the :thumbup:, We made our minds up and are going into town for a good blaze up. It has been a bit of hassle jumping through hoops/getting forms and rearranging digs and pre-booking vaccine tests for when we return etc but i think i am at least there now. We will be leaving it in the hands of the 'Herb Gods' now as we pass through airports and border control and on to the promised land :D
Yes we intend getting out earlier in the morning to make the most of the day and then spend the evening blazing it up back at the digs and i will try and give you a little write up as i go :shock: but can't promise on that :lol:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8) 8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Yes please let us know how you get on. Like Willjay I've avoided foreign travel throughout the pandemic - too risky and too much hassle (as you have found out :( ) so would be nice to get a first hand perspective on it.

Give us all an update when you return. Not sure I like the idea of visiting an Amsterdam where everything closes at 8pm. Sounds a bit depressing tbh, and as an incurable night owl that would be my trip fucked anyway. But at least you've got some 'fun-friendly' digs sorted. Have a good one!
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

free_phil_spector wrote: Tue 23rd Nov 2021 04:17 am Yes please let us know how you get on. Like Willjay I've avoided foreign travel throughout the pandemic - too risky and too much hassle (as you have found out :( ) so would be nice to get a first hand perspective on it.

Give us all an update when you return. Not sure I like the idea of visiting an Amsterdam where everything closes at 8pm. Sounds a bit depressing tbh, and as an incurable night owl that would be my trip fucked anyway. But at least you've got some 'fun-friendly' digs sorted. Have a good one!
Hi @Free-Phil yes the 8pm close is not ideal but now we can smoke at the digs it shouldn't be to bad as we can still fly n buy after 8pm and get takeaways if needed, so hopefully it will still be a dam good trip for us. Will defo do a write up on what the score is with all the paperwork etc and hoop jumping that has been done. Will be happy to just make it over there and be able to have a smoke in one of my fav shops. :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Looks like it could be 5 pm closing time from tomorrow
brufy

Post by brufy »

Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 01:02 am Looks like it could be 5 pm closing time from tomorrow
:roll:
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 01:02 am Looks like it could be 5 pm closing time from tomorrow
I do hope not @Tom been checking and haven't been able to confirm this yet, any more news at all?

Anyone else have any more info on this at all or can confirm?

Hoping for the best now guys, it is to close to going out for me to think about changing it all now, will check again later, fingers crossed.
free_phil_spector

Ghost wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 10:35 am
I do hope not @Tom been checking and haven't been able to confirm this yet, any more news at all?

Hoping for the best now guys, it is to close to going out for me to think about changing it all now, will check again later, fingers crossed.
Looks like Rutte has confirmed it. 5pm closure starts from Sunday :(

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2021 ... e-in-cases
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

free_phil_spector wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 10:49 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 10:35 am

Looks like Rutte has confirmed it. 5pm closure starts from Sunday :(

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2021 ... e-in-cases
Cheers for the link @free_phil that is not good for us and does not sound to good out there on the infection rise, so a little bit unsure what to do really now. Might cost me a little money to cancel now but might be the best thing :?: will do some research tomorrow and call my mate see what he wants to do.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Go for it man get well stocked during the day and get blitzed in your apartment at night I will be over during the week and that's my plan :mrgreen: also coffeshops and take away food places will be open for takeaway so you can still take a walk for a bit of fresh air ...I plan on getting some bubble hash from Greenplace that nuggs tried out and making it an early enough night ,let us know how you get on and I will do the same. Have a good one man
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

UPDATE - Well i am 'gutted' to say i had to 'Pull The Pin' on this trip :(

Had a meet up with my mate yesterday to discuss the situation and the new restrictions coming into effect as of today was the final straw for my mate :( the closing of establishments at 8pm he was willing to put up with and make best of our much needed visit but the 5pm closing time was the final straw for him, what with the extra cost and hassle it has been. He said paying the extra money and then having everything shutting up at 5 to sit in our apartment was not Amsterdam :!: to him and was what he does at home everyday and would wait for the restrictions and things to get better to make a trip over.

This left my a bit stuck as i was still prepared to go but the extra cost of his share of the apartment would have hit me in the pocket and then i wouldn't have been able to stock up on smoke like i was intending to :cry: and then the uk gov went and changed the situation for getting back into the country with the 2day pcr test and to self isolate until you get a negative test result(i already had booked a rapid antigen test for that) all of this is what made me 'pull the pin' late last night :( and there is a possibility the Netherlands will be on the UK red list as of end next week :(

KLM were great they have bumped my flight for me into January and have said i can keep bumping it for just a small admin charge :D £2.20 :D so well happy with the customer service i have had from them :D

The pre flight test i had booked at the airport for today was cancelled and they also reimbursed me my money back for not having the test :D so happy with them also :D

The apartment on the other hand were not overly helpful and were not prepared to move the dates even for a small fee :( and although they did not charge me the full price of the apartment they charged me a cancellation fee because it had passed the free cancellation day :( , if i had known all this was going to happen then i would of cancelled mid week and not lost a penny, so overall not happy with this one :( but hey they will not get my custom again when in town :!:

Overall fellow ACD stoners - am really gutted :( not to be arriving into town today and to be missing dab a doo also :( but maybe it is for the best what with the current situation and the new travel restrictions coming into force :?: So trip now booked flights for January and will start the hunt for another apartment as soon as i get over the heartbreak of missing this trip :(

All is good though - stay high ACD
brufy

Post by brufy »

oh no…that’s a bummer :(
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
free_phil_spector

That's a shame but you've done the right thing on balance, especially with the two-day isolation on return.

Have to say I'm with your mate - a 5pm quarantine is 'not Amsterdam' and you might as well be at home. Fingers crossed for Jan.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Sorry to hear about your cancelation Ghost, but all in all your doing the right thing. Good to hear you got most of your trip money returned and shame on the place you were going to stay jack you around. I sure hope you make your January trip. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.