Proof of Vaccinations from UK

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
kiki1989

Proof of Vaccinations from UK

Post by kiki1989 »

Hi everyone,

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I can’t seem to find conclusive evidence anywhere.

Can anyone confirm if coffeeshops are accepting the NHS COVID Travel Pass as proof of vaccinations for UK residents? Would hate to get there and not be able to enjoy multiple shops.

I’m travelling solo 2/11-5/11. Look forward to documenting my trip when I return.

Thanks and all the best :thumbup:

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Proof of Vaccinations from UK

Post by Lemming »

As I understand it, you only need such things to get into the country, not into a coffeeshop. Maybe someone will correct me if that's wrong.

Enjoy your trip!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lemming wrote: Tue 26th Oct 2021 02:25 pm As I understand it, you only need such things to get into the country, not into a coffeeshop. Maybe someone will correct me if that's wrong.

Enjoy your trip!
They have indeed rolled out the "coronapas" here (aka "green-pass" "covid passport").

In theory any service-sector establishment i.e. bars, coffeeshops, restaurants, movie theaters need to check via QR code that you either a.) are fully vaccinated; or b.) have a negative covid test result less than 24 hours old.

Now the enforcement of this, especially in Amsterdam is wildly inconsistent at best. A few key things to understand:

1.) For bars, restaurants and coffeeshops, takeaway purchases don't seem to be subject to this scrutiny.

2.) As stated enforcement is patchy at best. The mayor announced it would not be strictly policed by municipal officials, effectively leaving it in the hands of individual businesses to determine their door-policy.

3.) Mentioned also the QR code. This is app-based, but in short any EU member-state's app will work, read carefully Brits y'all are no longer EU, and I have seen multiple (albeit anecdotal) confirmations that the NHS app is NOT accepted. Conversely I have heard the yank tourists have been having luck with their hard copy CDC cards, though also accounts of those too being rejected.

4.) The workaround that's being reported per the Americans in NL expat group I'm in on FB is this. Buy a cheap ticket to any attraction in France (e.g. Eifel Tower or Lourve) you can use this to contact the French authorities, as intent to travel to France and they will send you a link to their QR app which allegedly can convert non-EU vaxx proof into EU-wide accepted QR-codes.

Hope this helps. Happy and safe travels to all!
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

Thanks for this gents.

I see some articles are now circulating that the EU now recognises the UK NHS COVID app as proof of vaccinations.

Fingers crossed I can go to all the shops on my itinerary without any issues now!
esinen

Post by esinen »

had recent trip there from UK

at the time the british covid pass barcode didnt work..this was 2 weeks ago..
there system was only letting the EU covid pass work..
u can apply for a paper copy of ur covid pass online nhs website takes 5 days..
ur need this and an ID(passport-driving licence)

only a few coffeeshops actually wanted to see proof of covid pass.. prix d-ami and bulldog coffeeshops were 2 i noticed..
some just ask if u have the pass. dont want to see it..
some dont even ask..
this goes for bars too
oh and every thing apart from fast food closed at midnight..dont know if this has changed since

have a good trip
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Hard copy of uk covid pass can be printed, you don’t need to order it to my knowledge unless I am missing a trick
esinen

Post by esinen »

yeah you may be able to print it off the app