420/22

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: 420/22

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

That went well, so I'll throw another topic on the table, what, if any are people's plans before 420 @ 420 on 420?

A few thoughts of my own:
We need to get to 420 in very, very good time to have a chance for seats. Two years back, IIRC, we kinda collectively dropped the ball on this one and when we got enough people to 420 to try to secure seats, the place had none left and no one seemed inclined to move (can't remember how far in advance, but not enough obviously). We did have a great time sitting on the outside seating at the bottle :D , but we were lucky the weather was good, otherwise it would have been a bit of a disaster. There's always the good old German bath towel magic trick to work, but it is a bit of a task being stuck there keeping seats for a bunch of other folks who have yet to arrive or went elsewhere to pick up something...

I also plan to (and need to due to late arrival evening before) do some serious canna shopping before 429, and get some kinda smaller meal in. But as I am probably up early af, there should be plenty of room for meetup, or two if they are not several hours long, before we have to converge on 420vand reserve seats. :mrgreen:

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

As requested by AzLaker, I've resurrected the 420 countdown.

I'm still trying to sort things for Igraine and me but, one way or another, will settle on a solution very soon.

Loving the discussions on activities. A trip to Zandvoort sounds good, especially on a nice day.

Regarding bars, I like them all. Batavia has hosted many ACD meetups since Nes closed. The Bottle has an even longer history with us - I've got pictures of us with Cattales outside there years ago - and it opens late. Susies is cool. We had a big gathering there a few years ago. Black Dog is a newer one to me but I enjoyed our visit there last time we were in town. I don't think I've ever been in Flying Dutchman so would be interested to check it out. The Big Shots bar on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal (known as Tetra when Homegrown Fantasy was open) is apparently now connected with The Plug. I think Plug's own bar might now be closed.

What about a 'home' coffeeshop? It sounds like our past favourites (Utopia, Voyagers, Basjoe, etc.) might have declined a little recently. Where's good now?

I take CC's point about getting to 420 Coffeeshop early on the 20th. :D
bedge

Post by bedge »

High all can I suggest if a trip to zandvoort is on the cards what about a stop in Harlem on way to or from zandfort..
i think you can just get a return amsterdam to zandvoort and break the journey for a stop in Harlem AFAIK
just a thought
bedge
CopenhagenCouple

bedge wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 04:32 pm High all can I suggest if a trip to zandvoort is on the cards what about a stop in Harlem on way to or from zandfort..
i think you can just get a return amsterdam to zandvoort and break the journey for a stop in Harlem AFAIK
just a thought
bedge
Due to time constraints, I won't be joining, but if I had a day or two more, I would have and would then most likely also have stopped in haarlem, at least to have a quick visit to bridys, on the way back. I think your are right wrt the tickets.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Committed now!

In town and ready for a session Monday evening (18th April). Who's around?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 03:03 pm
Loving the discussions on activities. A trip to Zandvoort sounds good, especially on a nice day.

What about a 'home' coffeeshop? It sounds like our past favourites (Utopia, Voyagers, Basjoe, etc.) might have declined a little recently. Where's good now?

I take CC's point about getting to 420 Coffeeshop early on the 20th. :D
Ghost made a suggestion to hit Yanks and then walk over to Hunters for a sess or two. Robog lives in Zandvoort, would be good to see him and S while in town. :)

Can't really comment on a home C.S., it's been a few years and t'nes was the place to be back then. :thumbup: looks like the last couple of years Het Ballonnejte was the place everyone went too. Good food, drinks, and assortment of flowers. :mrgreen: Seems they treated everyone super nice each time. :mrgreen:

I also agree with CC. Since this looks like a smaller group this year, I suggest most of us getting there around 3:00ish. Don't think it will be a problem to save a seat or two for late arrivals. :lol: If they isn't much traffic inside at that time, we can pop in the bottle next door for a quick cold one, all the while keeping one eye on 420 to see how fast it's filling up. :eh:

Don't forget about the Smoke boat tour at 19:00. We have 7 signed up. We just need 3 more folks, and maybe make it private ACD tour. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 13th Mar 2022 01:30 pm Booked and confirmed, arrive 19th expecting to have checked in around 2200 hours, leave again around noon on the 22nd. :mrgreen: can't wait to be back :mrgreen:
Posted on the April Whos In Town page.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... ril.htm#19

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

WhatsApp
Last 4/20, back in 2019, several of us connected via WhatsApp. We'd exchanged numbers before leaving our homes and, having the app installed, WA did the rest. This proved very useful, not least because I had to put a local SIM chip in my phone.

For some reason I found my cheap UK SIM didn't connect to any Netherlands networks. I bought an NL SIM but that obviously allocated me a new number so the one I'd given to people no longer worked. Fortunately, WhatsApp appears to connect on some other level so it still worked, despite my phone number having changed.

Following this experience, I recommend all those exchanging phone numbers also install WhatsApp if you haven't already. It provides free text and voice calls over Wi-Fi and seems to have this magical ability to stay connected even when phone numbers change.

FBN - please add Igraine and me to WiT. Arriving Monday 18th, departing Friday 22nd.
CopenhagenCouple

Lemming wrote: Thu 17th Mar 2022 03:11 pm Following this experience, I recommend all those exchanging phone numbers also install WhatsApp if you haven't already
I second that recommendation, even though a bunch of us can still enjoy EU roaming and have no trouble burning data without wifi, WA is quite handy and even has a live location feature (which I have yet to become friends with, but have used on a few occasions). IIRC you can set up a group, which would be real handy-dandy for the occasion.

Re: Bars - it seems we're covered, with Batavia and black dog as likely favorites, and the bottle, Sussies, FD and Big shots to serve as alternatives / when we're near and would like a cold one :mrgreen:
Lemming wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 03:03 pm What about a 'home' coffeeshop?
Thus one is very much harder. Nes, Basjoes, Voyagers and Utopia (in their respective glory days) all had the combination of great menus and staff that knew the forum and welcomed its members with open arms. They all in varying degree also had room for us to hang out over longer periods (and didn't mind that we camped out). Finding a shop that fits with those parameters in today's market, is very hard... 429 Cafe has plenty of space, is centrally located and has a reasonably tolerant staff, but the menu isn't all that. Het geldersee is gaining popularity, but probably still needs to "mature" a bit before it will be a strong candidate. Other shops that would quality wise be closer to "home" would be Solo and maybe Baba, but their location (especially baba), is far from ideal as home base....
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 11:07 am That went well, so I'll throw another topic on the table, what, if any are people's plans before 420 @ 420 on 420?

A few thoughts of my own:

We need to get to 420 in very, very good time to have a chance for seats.
Not exactly sure what will be up to before 420 on 420 apart from maybe securing more smokes from a few places and getting some breakfast etc. Mate Mike most probably be sleeping in after being in town since Sunday :lol: No i will be getting him up and out reasonably early :thumbup: :lol:

Agree with having to get in to 420 early to grab seats maybe 3 or half past :?:
Lemming wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 03:03 pm As requested by AzLaker, I've resurrected the 420 countdown.

:clap: :thumbup: for the countdown clock

Zandvoort we are still up for going, i did say maybe the 21st to AzLaker but we agreed that there maybe a bit of 420 hangover going on, so i set up a press 'n' dab session at coffeeshop Old Church(most prob not best if 420 hungover :lol: ) on that day at 12 for a bit so another day or afternoon or that afternoon :?: also cracking weather like we have had today in the south UK could choose the day :?: I have heard we have a heat wave coming in guys, lets hope it is for 420 week :thumbup:

A 'Home' coffeeshop - now that is a :?: as not been in town for over 2 years it is hard to say, i have scanned the top end of town of the AcD map and obviously there may be 10 of us in town, not including any locals that may join us so a place that is reasonable size for us all. Prix D'ami has the space for sure as i have only every purchased 2 times from here can not really say on their quality. Het Gelderse is a reasonable shop but i do not think it has the size for us all. Rusland is ok. Het Balloonetje is a cool shop but a little on its own. Bagheera could work or the Bluebird may work, obviously i do not mind the Old Church and maybe Resin could be a possibility and then a few of well know shops like GreenHouse etc.
Lemming wrote: Wed 16th Mar 2022 09:44 pm Committed now!

In town and ready for a session Monday evening (18th April). Who's around?
:thumbup: we will be about for a meet up :thumbup: :wave:

Agree with exchanging numbers for What's App as this will make it so much easier for meet ups and organizing stuff, so :thumbup: from me

Looks like we have a selection of bars with a couple as good bases and others as fly by for pit stops :lol: :thumbup: remind myself i am not 20 any more and to pace myself :thumbup: :lol: :wink:

I typed this out last night and some how deleted it :lol: while having a few dabs
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Lemming wrote: Thu 17th Mar 2022 03:11 pm FBN - please add Igraine and me to WiT. Arriving Monday 18th, departing Friday 22nd.
My pleasure.

Enjoy FlyByNite
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

FlyByNite wrote: Thu 17th Mar 2022 07:09 pm
Lemming wrote: Thu 17th Mar 2022 03:11 pm FBN - please add Igraine and me to WiT. Arriving Monday 18th, departing Friday 22nd.
My pleasure.

Enjoy FlyByNite
Hi F.B.N :wave: i was just having a look at who is in town over 420 week and you have Lemming and Igraine coming in on the 19th instead of the 18th :wink:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yes, we'll be in town in the evening of Monday 18th. Igraine has an avatar now too:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Sun 20th Mar 2022 05:06 pm Yes, we'll be in town in the evening of Monday 18th. Igraine has an avatar now too:
Fantastic lemming. Will be nice to meet Igraine. :wave:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Ghost wrote: Sun 20th Mar 2022 04:08 pm Hi F.B.N :wave: i was just having a look at who is in town over 420 week and you have Lemming and Igraine coming in on the 19th instead of the 18th :wink:
Fixed

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... ril.htm#18

Enjoy
FlyByNite