420/22

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: 420/22

Post by Lemming »

Still struggling with organising accommodation but, unless WW3 has already started, we'll get there somehow.

See you there!

AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Thu 10th Mar 2022 05:44 pm Still struggling with organising accommodation but, unless WW3 has already started, we'll get there somehow.

See you there!
Good news Lemming. :thumbup: :clap: Get your tickets for the Smoke Boat tour...they're going fast. :wink: :lol:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

So... It still needs to be finally confirmed and I need to get flights and accommodation booked, but if things work out I (Mr CC) will arrive late in the evening of the 19th and stay to the 22nd :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 12th Mar 2022 04:02 pm So... It still needs to be finally confirmed and I need to get flights and accommodation booked, but if things work out I (Mr CC) will arrive late in the evening of the 19th and stay to the 22nd :mrgreen:
Let's hope everything works out in your favor and we'll see you the 19th. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
CopenhagenCouple

AzLaker wrote: Sat 12th Mar 2022 05:28 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 12th Mar 2022 04:02 pm So... It still needs to be finally confirmed and I need to get flights and accommodation booked, but if things work out I (Mr CC) will arrive late in the evening of the 19th and stay to the 22nd :mrgreen:
Let's hope everything works out in your favor and we'll see you the 19th. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Fingers crossed it works out, would be bloody awesome seeing you all! 😁 If I do make it there in the 19th, it's gonna be around 22.30-23.00 before I can realistically make it to a CS in the center, Batavia or similar place to meet up (going by "acd standards" Batavia will be the place to look for the gang at this hour), but I am definitely game for a late night sesh once I've arrived and got a stash secured :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 12th Mar 2022 06:21 pm
AzLaker wrote: Sat 12th Mar 2022 05:28 pm

AzLaker
8)
Fingers crossed it works out, would be bloody awesome seeing you all! 😁 If I do make it there in the 19th, it's gonna be around 22.30-23.00 before I can realistically make it to a CS in the center, Batavia or similar place to meet up (going by "acd standards" Batavia will be the place to look for the gang at this hour), but I am definitely game for a late night sesh once I've arrived and got a stash secured :mrgreen:
Sounds fantastic :thumbup: , lets hope it all comes together for you and you make it into town for a good 420 blaze up :D 8)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
CopenhagenCouple

Booked and confirmed, arrive 19th expecting to have checked in around 2200 hours, leave again around noon on the 22nd. :mrgreen: can't wait to be back :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 13th Mar 2022 01:30 pm Booked and confirmed, arrive 19th expecting to have checked in around 2200 hours, leave again around noon on the 22nd. :mrgreen: can't wait to be back :mrgreen:
:D :thumbup: :clap: Great Nice 1 looks like it is shaping up to have a good ACD crew in town for 420 :D 8) :mrgreen: and hopefully plenty of nice smoke, good company and some wicked times and laughs for us all
CopenhagenCouple

So, just to have something (more) to talk about, while we pass time, I thought I wanted to hear people's thoughts on late night venues during 420. "Traditionally", Batavia has been the go to place, with HSB, bulldog hotel bar and a few other places as alternatives, but to me black dog (a new favorite) and even Sussies could make sense as the final place for the night, before heading for a sesh and some sleep "back home".

Given the antics the owner at HSB pulled during corona and a few other reasons, I could maybe be talked into going there if everyone else insisted, but wouldn't go on my own initiative.

Besides that, I am quite open, but prefer Batavia and black dog (can't decide on a favorite), with bulldog and Sussies (also no favorite between the two) as alternatives. Kashmir lounge and probably also sound garden (which is more of a summer spot anyways) are too far away to make sense to me, but otherwise have their individual merits, as do a number of other places that are also a bit too far out...

Any thoughts (not that places, times or something needs to be locked in or anything, just interested in people's views)?
bedge

Post by bedge »

High what about the flying Dutchman?smoke friendly bar
or bottle both night bars.
Sadly, no house dealer there now @ the FDM.
just a thought?
c u soon
bedge
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 14th Mar 2022 06:06 pm So, just to have something (more) to talk about, while we pass time, I thought I wanted to hear people's thoughts on late night venues during 420. "Traditionally", Batavia has been the go to place, with HSB, bulldog hotel bar and a few other places as alternatives, but to me black dog (a new favorite) and even Sussies could make sense as the final place for the night, before heading for a sesh and some sleep "back home".

Given the antics the owner at HSB pulled during corona and a few other reasons, I could maybe be talked into going there if everyone else insisted, but wouldn't go on my own initiative.

Besides that, I am quite open, but prefer Batavia and black dog (can't decide on a favorite), with bulldog and Sussies (also no favorite between the two) as alternatives. Kashmir lounge and probably also sound garden (which is more of a summer spot anyways) are too far away to make sense to me, but otherwise have their individual merits, as do a number of other places that are also a bit too far out...

Any thoughts (not that places, times or something needs to be locked in or anything, just interested in people's views)?
Would normally head towards Batavia when travelling solo and stop by various other locations when moving around and weather dependant, so would also visit Sussies (still having breakfast here :D ) and The Bulldog with maybe the occasional visit to Smoking Bull, Flying DutchMan or Stones. If the weather is good would do a combi of Sussies and Rick's just for the outside canal terrace seating.

We are happy to mix it up a bit during the week, were open to either Batavia or the Black Dog, never been in to Black Dog so obviously can not comment on it, so a visit is a must for sure :thumbup: .The Bat Cave seems to be the AcD 420 place for the late night sessions, so obviously people may want to stick to tradition and that suits us if the case :D . The Black Dog would be better situated for us as would Sussie's Saloon just because of our digs location down in DePijp. Do you know what the Plug Lounge like :?: Haven't been there so do not know.

Totally agree that the Kashmir Lounge and Sound Garden is a bit far out if most people are situated up the top end of town, but would be happy to have a session in Funky Monkey and maybe 1eHulp and use Sound Garden as the spot for earlier in the night before moving off if people want to mix it up etc, we happy to go with the flow and will join the crew where ever they might perch themselves for the night :D
Last edited by Ghost on Mon 14th Mar 2022 09:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

bedge wrote: Mon 14th Mar 2022 06:49 pm High what about the flying Dutchman?smoke friendly bar
or bottle both night bars.
Definitely also good options for me, the bottle has also been frequented by an ACD late night contingent on a few 420s IIRC, even played stand in for a 420 venue a couple of years ago when 420 Cafe was so packed we couldn't get seat for just half of us 🤣🤣🤣 never been the FDM myself, that I can remember, but having lived just on the top of warmoesstraat on many visits back in the 'naughties, I very well might have been without recalling 🤣

@Ghost: right with you wrt seeing what the crew feels like, and yup, stones is also a good bet 😁 sb has been years, but can also do 😁
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

You could also include Big Shots Bar/Cafe - have 2 locations in town, one in the Red Light area and one close to the Plug and are both smoker friendly, haven't been to either in a long long time though
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I'll be honest with everyone, I'll hang anywhere. Batavia is really nice. Loads of room, good food, and if I'm not mistaken, Gulpener's on draft. :D
Bottle is good also, right next door to 420. Bulldog in the Leidseplein is nice, especially outside.
But hey, we're in Amsterdam. So many bars, so little time. :D

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Mon 14th Mar 2022 09:58 pm I'll be honest with everyone, I'll hang anywhere. Batavia is really nice. Loads of room, good food, and if I'm not mistaken, Gulpener's on draft. :D
Bottle is good also, right next door to 420. Bulldog in the Leidseplein is nice, especially outside.
But hey, we're in Amsterdam. So many bars, so little time. :D

AzLaker
8)
:lol: :lol: Spot on their buddy :thumbup: not enough time is always the case :mrgreen: