Netherlands lockdown ending

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Netherlands lockdown ending

Post by Lemming »

Apparently the Netherlands lockdown is ending today.

Reuters

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Netherlands lockdown ending

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Great news for a lot of people's plans, it seems that many places are looking that direction. Denmark will most likely end all restrictions Monday.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
esinen

Post by esinen »

still have to quarantine for 10 days even if u have been jabbed at the moment tho..
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

esinen wrote: Thu 27th Jan 2022 06:17 pm still have to quarantine for 10 days even if u have been jabbed at the moment tho..
Yeah saw that myself, bit shit really if you are not going to be in town for that long :lol: But a step in the right direction for us for 420 hopefully.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Ah yes, still quarantine for foreigners. Not really the end yet then.

Just realised I started a new thread on the same subject as this one.

In that I said I expected Omicron to blast through the population in weeks. That mostly seems to have happened already but not quite over yet.

Back in January 2020 it was a new disease that we had little resistance to. Now, most of the surviving population has either been vaccinated or infected or both. That should mean the crisis will soon be over.

At least Netherlands residents can now get out and about. Hopefully the quarantine requirements will also end soon and foreigners will be able to join them.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I believe the quarantine requirements are slated to be lifted in the very immediate future as well, FYI.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Excellent!
brufy

Post by brufy »

Nuggz wrote: Sat 29th Jan 2022 01:43 pm I believe the quarantine requirements are slated to be lifted in the very immediate future as well, FYI.
Bloody well hope so. Two years since my last trip and just dreaming of going again at the moment!
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was in dam last week and it´s the city is indeed much more crowded again then before. During the lockdown a few weeks ago the city was almost empty. Well it´s still not as before but you feel more life in the streets again. Also many coffeeshops like Dampkring are open not only for buy and fly again. While after 10:00 pm it´s again buy and fly only as a budtender at Dampkring told me.
esinen

Post by esinen »

from 2 February 2022 people who received their booster vaccination at least 7 days before travelling to the Netherlands are not required to self-quarantine on arrival.
mdhfc

Post by mdhfc »

Had booked for December '21 in March '21 thinking "it'll all be good by then". Would have tolerated the 7.30 lockdown, just to get away; but the 5/5.30 was too much so got a KLM voucher for later use. Hadn't paid for Hotel (Nadia).

Saw the move to 10pm and the removal of quarantine for UK travellers and thought, f"^* it. Just get away before anything else happens.

4 nights Thu 10/2-Mon 14/2
£143 easyjet (w/23kg bag - (collapsible) kettle, toastie maker, elec blanket, heated gilet...) (KLM wanted 300+)
£245 q-factory hotel near oosterpark (wifi, ensuite, fridge, balcony) (3* in amsterdam for c£60 p/n! hmm.. yes please)
Had already added £500 to travel card for Dec trip

About a 23 month gap (was at Schipol waiting to fly home when the first full NL lockdown started, fortuitously) in trips; longest since 2004.

Can. Not. Wait.
brufy

Post by brufy »

Hope you have a great time!
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Just seen as from 18th Dec cafes bars and clubs will be open until 1am... Amsterdam here we come 🥳🥳🥳
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Its the 18th of Feb I was supposed to say sorry stoned 🙈 but hey 🥳🍺🥳
brufy

Post by brufy »

Tokeing tom wrote: Thu 10th Feb 2022 10:23 pm Its the 18th of Feb I was supposed to say sorry stoned 🙈 but hey 🥳🍺🥳
:mrgreen: