The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2022

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
AzLaker

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2022

Post by AzLaker »

ed the head wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 05:32 pm
Lemming wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 02:41 pm
Continuing the conversation about a 'home' coffeeshop and bar ...

So many coffeeshops and bars I'd like to get to and so little time!

Any thoughts? I'll update the events list soon to include CC's bike tour on the Wednesday morning and anything else anyone suggests.
Thanks for putting this together

I'm not sure this is much help :mrgreen: Any and all are suitable to me
I'm kinda with Ed on this one. Let's just check a few out and see which one we gravitate back too. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 07:09 pm
ed the head wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 05:32 pm
Lemming wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 02:41 pm
Continuing the conversation about a 'home' coffeeshop and bar ...

So many coffeeshops and bars I'd like to get to and so little time!

Any thoughts? I'll update the events list soon to include CC's bike tour on the Wednesday morning and anything else anyone suggests.
Thanks for putting this together

I'm not sure this is much help :mrgreen: Any and all are suitable to me
I'm kinda with Ed on this one. Let's just check a few out and see which one we gravitate back too. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Would agree with Ed and Az here. Think Mike 'n' myself are not to fussed as long as the smoke is decent and the vibe is right, as we most probably be popping in and out over the course of the day/evening :D

Terps Army flower looks pretty good quality at the moment :thumbup: :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 08:15 pm Terps Army flower looks pretty good quality at the moment :thumbup: :mrgreen:
Definitely a wide variety of weed & hash. Prices also range from reasonable to outrageous ($100 a gram for Gorilla Glue 90u hash) :shock:

Looking at the outside view, If they own that property in between the buildings, that would make for some nice outdoor seating. :D :mrgreen:

AzLaler
8)
gapie

Post by gapie »

i will be around guys
i hope to see ya smoking
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 10:11 pm
Ghost wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 08:15 pm Terps Army flower looks pretty good quality at the moment :thumbup: :mrgreen:
Definitely a wide variety of weed & hash. Prices also range from reasonable to outrageous ($100 a gram for Gorilla Glue 90u hash) :shock:

Looking at the outside view, If they own that property in between the buildings, that would make for some nice outdoor seating. :D :mrgreen:

AzLaler
8)
Yes i must admit @Az the pricing is on the high point for those Hash's, but even here in the UK you can end up paying £80 to £90 for the imported Hash Rosin's by the time it has changed hands a couple of times and they normally come in 2g pots :lol: . Not the cheapest of stuff to be smoking on a regular basis. I will pay the shop a visit and have a look at the quality of the flower still :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Thu 31st Mar 2022 06:19 pm
AzLaker wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 10:11 pm

AzLaler
8)
Yes i must admit @Az the pricing is on the high point for those Hash's, but even here in the UK you can end up paying £80 to £90 for the imported Hash Rosin's by the time it has changed hands a couple of times and they normally come in 2g pots :lol: . Not the cheapest of stuff to be smoking on a regular basis. I will pay the shop a visit and have a look at the quality of the flower still :D
I feel the same way. Lots of coffeeshops I want to visit, and Terps Army is on my list. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

ed the head wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 05:32 pm I'm not sure this is much help :mrgreen: Any and all are suitable to me
Fair enough! No need for a 'home' then. We'll rely on phones to know the place to be at any particular time.

What about a meeting place for the Zandvoort excursion? Trains run about every half hour and take about half an hour to get there. In the past we've tended to use Voyagers but that's not what it used to be and is the wrong end of the station for the ticket office.

How about Siberie or CoffeeshopAmsterdam Café? Maybe about 1pm?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Lemming wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 01:34 pm
ed the head wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 05:32 pm I'm not sure this is much help :mrgreen: Any and all are suitable to me
Fair enough! No need for a 'home' then. We'll rely on phones to know the place to be at any particular time.

To be completely honest, 90 % of my "scheming and planning" when it comes to home CS / bars or anything other than actual meetups like at 420 on 420 or the bike trip I suggested, is mostly something I do to pass time before I get there, as I realize how hazy / fluent everything is, once boots hit the ground (and smoke / drinks hit everything else ;).).

I also agree that things are different now, as opposed to the Nes days where we needed a pc to post on the forum, the live thread (that I expect one of the first to arrive will start) or the chat is a good way to communicate, with the WA group and text for more direct contact. I think we'll do fine, as long as we remember to keep each other posted about our whereabouts and plans 😁👍

However, I do agree with the point that black dog (and other places that won't tolerate us smoking inside), isn't the number one choice in the evening, Batavia and / or a CS with room will probably do better.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I think Café Coffeeshop Amsterdam could be a good contender for an inherently 420-friendly bar
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 01:34 pm
What about a meeting place for the Zandvoort excursion? Trains run about every half hour and take about half an hour to get there. In the past we've tended to use Voyagers but that's not what it used to be and is the wrong end of the station for the ticket office.

How about Siberie or CoffeeshopAmsterdam Café? Maybe about 1pm?
Yes that sounds pretty good to me :thumbup: a 1pm meet time.The Siberie coffeeshop would be a good meet up spot :D haven't been here myself in a good amount of time. Not sure if Mike has ever been here :?:
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 05:05 pm
To be completely honest, 90 % of my "scheming and planning" when it comes to home CS / bars or anything other than actual meetups like at 420 on 420 or the bike trip I suggested, is mostly something I do to pass time before I get there, as I realize how hazy / fluent everything is, once boots hit the ground (and smoke / drinks hit everything else ;).).

However, I do agree with the point that black dog (and other places that won't tolerate us smoking inside), isn't the number one choice in the evening, Batavia and / or a CS with room will probably do better.
Yes isn't that the truth :lol: made loads of good plans in the past and then when the smoke hits with a couple of beers, things seem to go out of the window and get forgotten :lol:

Agree that number one choice in the evening is Batavia just because of the smoking situ, but other places are still worth a visit :thumbup: , think Mike may still use tobacco in his doobies and any one else who does this is a good place, i smoke pure and vape and dabbing(if i can). A coffeeshop that is close by that can be used also, if i was choosing a 'Home' coffeeshop which is close to Batavia then it would be Het Gelderse :thumbup: it has been getting reasonable reviews of late and the last time i visited the quality was pretty good 8) If i was choosing a coffeeshop close to Susie's as a 'Home' then i would most probably use Bagheera's as it is reasonably close by :thumbup:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nuggz wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 06:18 pm I think Café Coffeeshop Amsterdam could be a good contender for an inherently 420-friendly bar
Or what Nuggz said :thumbup: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 07:24 pm
Nuggz wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 06:18 pm I think Café Coffeeshop Amsterdam could be a good contender for an inherently 420-friendly bar
Or what Nuggz said :thumbup: :lol:
And lots of room upstairs, if it's open. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

All true. Now I'm picturing this epic crawl from Black Dog via Susies, Big Shots Plug, Bottle, Flying Dutchman and CoffeeshopAmsterdam Café to Batavia, taking in all of the coffeeshops along the way.

I blame this nice Brooklyn Sunrise in my Volcano.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about all this bar dreaming, we're supposed to be a coffeeshop directory!
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 10:40 pm All true. Now I'm picturing this epic crawl from Black Dog via Susies, Big Shots Plug, Bottle, Flying Dutchman and CoffeeshopAmsterdam Café to Batavia, taking in all of the coffeeshops along the way.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about all this bar dreaming, we're supposed to be a coffeeshop directory!

:lol: :lol: I know my first priority is weed and/or hash. A beer now and then to keep the cottonmouth away. :D

AzLaker
8)
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 11:45 pm
Lemming wrote: Fri 1st Apr 2022 10:40 pm All true. Now I'm picturing this epic crawl from Black Dog via Susies, Big Shots Plug, Bottle, Flying Dutchman and CoffeeshopAmsterdam Café to Batavia, taking in all of the coffeeshops along the way.

:lol: :lol: I know my first priority is weed and/or hash. A beer now and then to keep the cottonmouth away. :D

AzLaker
8)
He who tries to shine dims his own light