The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2022

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2022

Post by Lemming »

People

Members who've said they will be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

AzLaker "April 16-22-2022" posted: 11th Sep 2021

Bedge "4/19 to 4/23" posted: 24th Feb 2022

Choppermike + son " :thumbup: 19-->22 👍" posted: 21st Feb 2022

CopenhagenCouple x 0.5 "19th to 22nd" posted: 13th Mar 2022

Ed the Head "4 16-24" posted: 8th Feb 2022

Gapie "yessssiirr i m here. Still alive. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:" posted: 20th Jan 2022

Ghost + Mike "17th April - 22nd April :D :mrgreen: 8) :!: :wave: :thumbup: 'Happy Days'" posted: 27th Feb 2022

Igraine "Monday 18th to Friday 22nd" posted: 17th Mar 2022

Lemming "Monday 18th to Friday 22nd" posted: 17th Mar 2022

Nuggz "I guess I'm in 🙂" posted: 20th Mar 2022

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events

*All events and times provisional and subject to stoners in Amsterdam.
Time is, after all, an illusion - it's always 4:20 really!

Saturday 16th April 2022

12:00 (noon) Het Ballonnetje proposed by AzLaker

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 16th April

Sunday 17th April 2022

22:00 (10pm) Carmona proposed by Ghost

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 17th April

Monday 18th April 2022

21:00 (9pm) venue TBC proposed by Lemming

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 18th April

Tuesday 19th April 2022

--:-- (--pm) venue TBC to meet for Zandvoort/Haarlem excursion
--:-- (later) Yanks proposed by Ghost

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 19th April

Wednesday 20th April 2022

15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe proposed by Ed the Head
19:00 (7pm) Smokeboat proposed by Ed the Head

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 20th April

Thursday 21st April 2022

12:00 (noon) Old Church 2 proposed by Ghost
14:00 (2pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by Lemming

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 21st April

Friday 22nd April 2022

Confirmed people on FBN's WiT 22nd April

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice :D good amount of people in town 12 on the list :thumbup: and looks like the week is shaping up very nicely indeed, obviously plans can change being stoners but i like the look of the week. If this weather can just hold for us or at least come for 420 week then we will be a happy band of 'High' ACD stoners in Amsterdam :D

What is every bodies preferred way of moving around the city when in town :?: I use a combo of walking/bike and tram, most probably use the tram most for moving from area to area and then would walk when in an area. We already know that C.C likes the use of a bike when in town :thumbup: but what does everyone else like. I have also used the canal taxi in the past when i have not been in a rush :D and its a relaxed way of moving around.

Also what is everyone preferred breakfast when in town :?: I mix it up over the week with the odd fry up but normally its an omelette or scrambled eggs if i going out to get it. If in an apartment i would grab some food from the supermarket and make toast or have cereal before venturing out :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Biking in Amsterdam is the only answer. Everything else is a waste of time.

Sadly this group is indeed not so inclined towards two-wheeled forms of transit, being more partial the public transport and/or the good ol' shoelace express...
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nuggz wrote: Fri 25th Mar 2022 08:35 am Biking in Amsterdam is the only answer.
I'm sure you're right. Millions of Amsterdammers can't be wrong. Nevertheless, I tend to stick to walking.

There are several reasons for this: I like walking. It's a chance to look at everything. I don't trust myself riding a bike in amongst traffic on, what is to me as a Brit, the wrong side of the road, especially when stoned. A bike is a lot of responsibility. Parking and locking it is a hassle. I'm sure I would stagger out of a coffeeshop and completely forget that I'd parked a bike nearby and walk off without it.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nuggz wrote: Fri 25th Mar 2022 08:35 am Biking in Amsterdam is the only answer. Everything else is a waste of time.

Sadly this group is indeed not so inclined towards two-wheeled forms of transit, being more partial the public transport and/or the good ol' shoelace express...
I must admit i do not use a bike enough myself (even though i ride a mountain bikes in UK) and rely on the 'shoelace express' and tram but this trip even though i have a ov chipcard i will try and make use of a bike a lot more and even though my wing man on this trip is an Amsterdam bike newbie, it has to be done and if C.C is riding when he gets into town then may as well join him :thumbup:

I do agree with @Lemming that you get to see a lot more when on foot and that a bike is a lot of responsibility(especially for a stoner :lol: )
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

The second thing I do when I get there is grab a bike at Starbikes, after quick smoke from Central and rolling one for coffee at the bike shop.
As Nuggz says, if you can, biking is the way.

Things deffo shaping up nicely, hoping the weather stays in phase , with a big High pressure system for the week.

Soons, CM
Last edited by choppermike on Fri 25th Mar 2022 08:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

@ghost Starbikes, 'bout 7e/day, family run, closest to Central (exit strategy). Skip insurance, just chain it to a bridge. Take photo of where you left it, Smoke on 👍
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Been thinking a bit and chatting to ghost about a bike ride on the 20th, could be an East-West ride , starting pretty early from the top of the city and aiming for the balloon first (or maybe doing a b&f at solo enroute to ballonnetje). After a little sesh there, we could turn around and head west, either through or around the center, looking to end up in the area with 1e, the plug west and funky monkey (the latter being a good candidate for another little sesh). Depending on how much we've lingered /how long we take to ride, there might even be time to pop by de hallen for a quick bite for lunch, before heading back towards the center in good time to make it to 420, meet up with the rest of the gang and start looking for seats... :mrgreen: Anyways, just thoughts for now, but will at least be doing the trip east myself to get stocked up for 420.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

choppermike wrote: Fri 25th Mar 2022 08:16 pm @ghost Starbikes, 'bout 7e/day, family run, closest to Central (exit strategy). Skip insurance, just chain it to a bridge. Take photo of where you left it, Smoke on 👍
Cheers @choppermike :thumbup: , i have never used Starbikes before but will go check their website out, i normally go with Blackbikes if i do rent one. I like your idea of taking a photo of where you left it, makes complete sense to me, as i have left my supermarket shopping in a coffeeshop before and then walked off to another shop before remembering that i had a food shop with me eatrlier :lol: and making my way back to collect it :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 26th Mar 2022 07:06 am Been thinking a bit and chatting to ghost about a bike ride on the 20th, could be an East-West ride , starting pretty early from the top of the city and aiming for the balloon first (or maybe doing a b&f at solo enroute to ballonnetje). After a little sesh there, we could turn around and head west, either through or around the center, looking to end up in the area with 1e, the plug west and funky monkey (the latter being a good candidate for another little sesh). Depending on how much we've lingered /how long we take to ride, there might even be time to pop by de hallen for a quick bite for lunch, before heading back towards the center in good time to make it to 420, meet up with the rest of the gang and start looking for seats... :mrgreen: Anyways, just thoughts for now, but will at least be doing the trip east myself to get stocked up for 420.
Yes we most probably be up for a wee trek. Would most probably meet you down at The Balloon if we make it just because that would be a lot easier for us :D to get to from our digs, and a ride over to 1e Hulp would be good really want to have a look at their hash especially the Jelly Hash to see if it is worth a purchase :thumbup: A smoke over at one of my Fav shops to chill in Funky Monkey is a defo :thumbup: from me, although a bit gutted they got shot of the pool table and getting some food at the Food Hallen would be a good shout before heading up to the 420 cafe :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Ghost wrote: Sun 27th Mar 2022 11:42 am Yes we most probably be up for a wee trek. Would most probably meet you down at The Balloon if we make it just because that would be a lot easier for us :D to get to from our digs, and a ride over to 1e Hulp would be good really want to have a look at their hash especially the Jelly Hash to see if it is worth a purchase :thumbup: A smoke over at one of my Fav shops to chill in Funky Monkey is a defo :thumbup: from me, although a bit gutted they got shot of the pool table and getting some food at the Food Hallen would be a good shout before heading up to the 420 cafe :D
Sounds good. As Solo isn't open before 10 and I plan to b&f there enroute to het ballonnetje, whattayasay we aim for some time between 10.15 and 10.30 at the balloon, sesh there a bit and then make our way westward?
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

:!: :idea: 8) Het Gelderse - I am coming :mrgreen: - Shoreline - €60/5g :D
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Loving all the great news about Ballonnetje coming from recent visitors Papi, Nuggz and Jollylittlehun. Had me salivating!

Continuing the conversation about a 'home' coffeeshop and bar ...

In the past we've had the crew split between Batavia and Utopia, because some ACDers prefer staying in coffeeshops rather than moving to bars in the evening. I found myself commuting back and forth between the two. Last time we were there we spent a lot of time in the Plug Lounge, as well as Batavia.

The attraction of Batavia is that, down in the bat cave, we can smoke, vape and drink without restriction. Some places, I think including Black Dog, insist smokers sit outside, which is fine on a nice evening.

There seem to be a lot of positive vibes around about Het Gelderse at the moment. Not a place I'm very familiar with but it's fairly central, close to Batavia and no smaller than Utopia was.

Unlike back in the days of the Nes, everyone has Google Maps and, hopefully, ACD in their pocket so finding places and letting everyone know where we are at any particular time is much easier so having a base where we can be found is not so important.

I'm thinking maybe on our first evening, Monday 18th, we could try The Bottle for a change. It's next door to 420 Café and, at least last time I was there, we could vape inside. We can always move from there to Batavia later if we feel the need.

Then maybe on CC's first evening, Tuesday 19th, we could go for Black Dog, maybe after a visit to Flying Dutchman with Bedge.

So many coffeeshops and bars I'd like to get to and so little time!

Any thoughts? I'll update the events list soon to include CC's bike tour on the Wednesday morning and anything else anyone suggests.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Lemming wrote: Wed 30th Mar 2022 02:41 pm
Continuing the conversation about a 'home' coffeeshop and bar ...

So many coffeeshops and bars I'd like to get to and so little time!

Any thoughts? I'll update the events list soon to include CC's bike tour on the Wednesday morning and anything else anyone suggests.
Thanks for putting this together

I'm not sure this is much help :mrgreen: Any and all are suitable to me
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 28th Mar 2022 01:30 pm Sounds good. As Solo isn't open before 10 and I plan to b&f there enroute to het ballonnetje, whattayasay we aim for some time between 10.15 and 10.30 at the balloon, sesh there a bit and then make our way westward?
Yes 10.30 sounds :thumbup: Most probably will have to go collect a couple bikes in the morning, but realized the bike rental up the road from our digs doesn't seem to be open any more :?: so may try and get them on the Tuesday, will have to see how we are doing on that day as i have a couple of other people to catch up with before the 20th somehow :lol: sounds like a good start to 4.20 :thumbup:

Little update on the bike situation which is a plus is that the digs have said they can supply them to us so we should be good on that now, just got to grab some food on the go now :D
Last edited by Ghost on Wed 30th Mar 2022 09:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.