Going tommorow

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
opopop123

Going tommorow

Post by opopop123 »

So I'm going tomorrow first time one of my friends who has been before said you should haggle the weed prices in the coffee shops. I don't want to seem like a rude tourist so I dont really want to do it unless they expect people to haggle. So my question is should you haggle at coffee shops?

Tokeing tom

Re: Going tommorow

Post by Tokeing tom »

Definitely not buddy you'd be f#*ked out. Prices are what they are everywhere and no haggling just like a pub at home. Check out the prices on fbn page and the reviews here you cant go wrong. Enjoy yourself 👍
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

opopop123 wrote: Fri 8th Apr 2022 08:58 am So I'm going tomorrow first time one of my friends who has been before said you should haggle the weed prices in the coffee shops. I don't want to seem like a rude tourist so I dont really want to do it unless they expect people to haggle. So my question is should you haggle at coffee shops?
Go ahead and try to haggle, that is, If you want to get kicked out of a coffeeshop real fast. :shock: Like any establishment, take off your hat when you walk in, say hello and be respectful. You'll definitely have a much better experience. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Totally agree with previous replies, just wanted to repeat, this isn't the way to do it, it might put a damper on your first experience if you are told to take a hike in the first shops you visit because of a misunderstanding.

I suspect your buddy who gave you the advice has never been himself, because in 15+ years of visiting and more trips than we count, we've never seen or heard of a successful attempt to haggle over prices in ciffeeshops. We've seen quite a few very unsuccessful attempts, which all ended in the attempted haggler being told to f#$& off in varying degrees of directness...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes will just agree with everything that has been said already. Just do not risk it, go and enjoy yourself, buy the smoke you want at the price the menu says and have a great time :thumbup: 'Enjoy yourself' :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Oh, come on, guys. He is new and learning.

There are two haggle opportunities.

First, every now and again I can talk the Budtender into selling me .5g rather than 1g. And usually only if there is no line of people waiting. I'd never even dream of asking if there was a line. And it isn't possible in a Coffeeshop with prepackaged wares.

That's the only haggling I've ever successfully pulled off in AMS. And it isn't so much haggling as just getting a smaller amount.

Second, every now and then I can get an extra cookie with my cappuccino. :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Oh, y'all must not be from around here, if you speak Dutch you can definitely haggle, source - me; I do it all the time.

Trust me, I'm a random guy on the internet, I'd know...