Five nights in Tenerife

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
gettingrimey

Five nights in Tenerife

Post by gettingrimey »

I haven't visited Amsterdam since the pandemic, but have become slightly disillusioned with it. Firstly the cost and scarcity of decent smoker friendly accommodation is a big drawback, the crowds are a pain but the main issue is the quality of weed on offer, it's expensive and often not that good. So I felt like trying something different so I decided to go to Tenerife.
This isn't an exhaustive travel log, just a brief description of the costs and things to do in Tenerife.
The logistics of visiting are no more difficult than the Dam, but the flight at four hours is considerably longer. It departed Brum at 6 in the morning, which meant staying over the night before at the airport ibis budget, which was like a uni halls of residence, didn't take any with me as I didn't want to jeopardize getting my flight.
Flew on Jet2 with the extra leg room emergency exit seat which came in at 330 return with a case, not sure how that compares to Amsterdam now, but I didn't feel that was too bad for a four hour flight.
Got to the airport and grabbed a hire car, although not essential as taxis are very cheap here I wanted to have an explore of the island so paid up the 250 euros for six days of car hire with full insurance.
Stayed at an Airbnb in playa de las américas which was amazing, top floor penthouse with a huge balcony and hottub with all the fees it was about 650 pounds for five nights.
https://abnb.me/gIhQu5Iudpb
Jean the host was really helpful and as he was French gave me the opportunity to practice speaking French for the first time in years.
Joining a club as they're called there is very easy, find one on Instagram or Google that you like the look of, fire off an email and get your invite.
We joined BDL Tenerife as it was a five minute walk from where we were staying. The shop is above a large sports store and the entrance is a white door with no signage that you buzz to enter. Once in you pay 20 euros to join show your Id, have your photo taken and get given a fob which you put money on at reception to buy things upstairs.
Upstairs is massive, you have loads of seating, two pool tables, a ping pong table and an Xbox. There is a massive roof terrace with views out to the sea, but you cannot smoke on it.
The staff are all incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the products, you get given an iPad with the menu on which is huge. Anything you're interested in is handed to you in a glass jar to smell and look at.
We both sampled a lot ranging from the unpressed Moroccan Apple at 8 euros a gram, which was incredible all the way to 26 euro a gram lemon cherry gellato Cali import, which blew my mind. I always question if Cali weed comes from Cali, but the weed there was equal to the dispensary weed I've tried while over in America. All the weed smelt perfect, burned exceptionally well and was trimmed beautifully.
There is a huge choice of edibles and extracts on offer, but I didn't sample those.

There is a massive amount to do nearby, we went bowling, mini golfing, go karting and hiked up a mountain while we were there.
The food is very cheap although not very local, 12 euros for a huge filet steak at a nice restaurant, beer is as cheap as 1 euro a pint at some bars. We ended up cooking a few nights as there is an excellent supermarket a short drive away. If you wanted a more cultured holiday you could buy here and stay in the north. The weather's great it got to 25 in the day and around 17 at night. All the locals are super friendly and the business owners are very welcoming.
The downsides are that it's very touristy, but if you want a bit of sunshine and some top cannabis I can't recommend it highly enough. It's not an Amsterdam replacement, but a great alternative.
If I get chance I'll post some photos later.

I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Five nights in Tenerife

Post by Lemming »

Nice. Thanks. Love to see those photos.