Amsterdam trip...8th-11th july.....day one

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
dlw

Amsterdam trip...8th-11th july.....day one

Post by dlw »

Left home at 2.45 in the morning...heard about queues at Leeds Bradford airport so I thought I d buy 2 space brownies from local dealer for my wife and myself. So 20 minutes from parking we ate them....parked car just in time because the waves started to hit...arrived at airport stoned to fck.....after a wander about we joined the 1000 person queue, I was starting to rock at this point and my heart sank as I evaluated the situation..the chances of me getting to amsterdam today were disappearing ...So we stood and I thought I need sugar, as Mr whitey seemed to be joining us... "Did you bring juice with you", I asked my wife...." No" she replied , "I left it in the car.....At this point I wondered if licking the Windows would help.....then iron Mike Tyson dealt me a blow to the head ...I rocked a bit more...As the queue was going nowhere my wife went to Greg's for a juice..Frank Bruno and George Forman took it in turns to pummel .me.I was on the ropes.nothing else could happen surely, then the queue started moving...10 minutes passed ,no wife.jet 2 doors beckoned...no wife...As we disappeared into the jet 2 entrance I was cut off from my wife..The waves of chatter intensified and this brought on a touch of nausea.Then as the queue headed towards security my wife turned up with juice .Greg's was a bitch she said...I drank....everything calmed and I went back to staring at the wall.....two ladies from the airport went up and down the queue calling the flights as they came up..we followed the ladies to security and into the airport lounge ,10 minutes or so later we boarded the plane.....no-one there or back asked us for proof of covid vaccination...NOBODY cares

esinen

Re: Amsterdam trip...8th-11th july.....day one

Post by esinen »

lol at the whitey in the airport..
bet u looked like u were smuggling a suitcase full of drugs.if u got them cold sweats too..lol

glad to hear about the airport not asking for covid proof..as i heave 2 mates that want to go but havent been fully jabbed..
bedge

Re: Amsterdam trip...8th-11th july.....day one

Post by bedge »

High DLW glad to hear you got there ok.
my 420 trip was the most uncertain with all the problems at the time.
Signalling on both UK and NL rail networks. Flight cancellations, missing flights due to security queues etc etc.
looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
hope to see you soon
bedge