vegan food in Amsterdam

Restaurants and takeaways.
kalima

vegan food in Amsterdam

Post by kalima »

when went to both Dear Mama and the vegan junk food bar whilst we were over in may, we had been to Dear mamas before and so knew about their White Russian vegan milkshakes... alcoholic milkshakes ... what an amazing idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . both are burger joints, couldn't help the pun :wink: :lol: .. although dear mamas has a more local feel to it. Both are super friendly , great food and but the alcoholic milkshakes and the cakes at mamas are worth the extra mention .
I appreciate that most people aren't vegan and probably will never go here but I thought as people have asked about vegan food on previous threads, I'd writeup a little about them
so basically a selection of burgers but vegan junk food does lots of other sides, vegan shrimps and seafood options, mostly tofu or gluten based and cocktails,
Also I have been going to Amsterdam since about 1984 and in those days I had to live on chips and there was one chip place just off the main streets near Dam square that used vegetable oil.... so the choice theses days is amazing
so if you fancy something vegan , check these places out