Mighty+

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Lemming
Site Admin

Mighty+

Post by Lemming »

If you're a regular reader you may well know that Storz & Bickel sent me one of their Volcano vapourisers to try out nearly 20 years ago. This amazing machine is still functioning after all this time. It's used most days and has been to many parties over the years. I've replaced bags, screens and o-rings but the basic machine is original and had no maintenance.

This is a picture of the modern 'Classic' Volcano. Mine has a slightly broader base and a different valve but is otherwise very similar.

A couple of months ago Storz & Bickel sent me one of their Mighty+ portable vapes.

I've tried examples of the original Mighty brought to Amsterdam by ACD Forum members in the past and been impressed so it's been fun to play with this latest version.

Between a few of us, we've given this cool device a good thrashing over the past few weeks. As well as the Volcano, we have some experience of other portable vapes including the Storm, Lift and Pax. The Mighty+ has compared very well with the other vapes we're familiar with. It's actually spent a lot of its time with Igraine and her crew, who are mostly Pax aficionados.

The first noticeable difference to other portable vapes is how easy it is to draw on. With most portables one seems to have to suck until one's head collapses whereas air flows freely through the Mighty. This, in turn, leads to excellent flavour. I also really appreciate the display and buttons. Most portables rely on tapping out Morse Code on a single button to set temperature and coloured lights to show where it's at. The Mighty has up and down buttons for temperature and a separate on/off button. These are combined with a clear display of target and actual temperature and a battery charge indicator.

I love desktop vapes like the Verdamper and especially my favourite Volcano but the Mighty is the closest I've experienced to a portable Volcano.

The only complaint from Igraine's gang is that the filling chamber is relatively small. Other downsides are obviously size and price. It's considerably larger than most portables and cannot be described as stealthy but the benefit is in power. It heats up faster than most portables and even than my old Volcano. It also stays charged for much longer. As for the price, if it's as well built as the Volcano (which it appears to be) and lasts as long, then it must be worth it.

In summary, I think the Mighty+ is by far the best portable vape I've ever tried.

DjShaggy

Re: Mighty+

Post by DjShaggy »

I'm a big fan of the original mighty, the addition of USBC charging is a great plus point. I must admit the price is abit steep but its still on my to buy list.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

I've got the crafty plus, It's the little brother of the Mighty. I really like it, its compact and stealthy but the only problem with it is the poor battery life. I wish I'd bought the Mighty.
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

I've had the mighty+ since last December when I switched over to the legal medical cannabis.
I was worried that it wouldn't get me stoned, but it does, quite well too. I use a glass cooling stem instead of the cooling unit as its easier to clean.
For me, its great, I love cycling round whilst enjoying my vape.
I'd love one of the volcano hybrids, they look the part with the whip too.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice :thumbup: :D

I have the original Mighty and have had it for numerous years and it is still going pretty well and has also done many a visit to Dam and back. I have put new 'o' rings in her and have a glass mouthpiece which makes the draw smoother and the taste slightly better :D
I have found now that she doesn't hold charge as well like it used to but that is down to battery degrade and age, will get us all in the end :lol: I also have a water attachment for it but rarely use that.

I also used to have the Plenty which was a weird shape and size but was 'Oh so Good' for getting your wrecked and big clouds :D Overall still think they make the best vapes out there imo :!:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Yes got to admit, they are great vapes. I couldn't afford the Volcano so started with the Mighty, which I still use as my home vape and use the crafty for ... well situations when I need to be more crafty. Love the dosing capsules which are really useful when out and about, but I find cleaning the cooling units of both a real pain in the neck. If anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it. Currently soak it in Alcohol and use a brush but it is a sticky process.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Hello ACD, I’m sold on the mighty + but have questions about the accessories, I know I’ll need the charger but what about the dosage chambers, filling aid, and the tool kit are they necessary and are they worth it?
Thanks
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Speaking re. my original Mighty, which is a great bit of kit and still going strong after a good few years.

- Dosage chambers, no not needed.
- Filling aid, yeah its pretty useful but comes with it.
- Tool set I think is just a number of the little pokey thingys that comes with it too, they're handy but not needed if you lose the original

Personally I'd recommend just picking up a "wear & tear" set just so you have spares of everything, although really the only thing you actually need for a good while are replacement gauze screens as they do need changing occasionally & you'll go through the ones that come with it relatively fast.

Its kinda useful though to have an entire spare cooling unit (the top piece) as with regular use it does get rather gunged up so you can just swap out and half the amount of cleaning sessions needed.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Not_the_monk wrote: Sun 30th Oct 2022 05:14 pm Speaking re. my original Mighty, which is a great bit of kit and still going strong after a good few years.

- Dosage chambers, no not needed.
- Filling aid, yeah its pretty useful but comes with it.
- Tool set I think is just a number of the little pokey thingys that comes with it too, they're handy but not needed if you lose the original

Personally I'd recommend just picking up a "wear & tear" set just so you have spares of everything, although really the only thing you actually need for a good while are replacement gauze screens as they do need changing occasionally & you'll go through the ones that come with it relatively fast.

Its kinda useful though to have an entire spare cooling unit (the top piece) as with regular use it does get rather gunged up so you can just swap out and half the amount of cleaning sessions needed.
Thanks a lot, that helped
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

I agree with NTM, apart from the dosing capsules. I found them useful, especially when you are travelling. I find it much easier swapping out a capsule instead of pinch and stuffing as with a chillum. I just prepare a few and keep them in a universal sample tube as it is smell proof. They also help keep cooling unit cleaner, as less vapor poo gets sucked into it.
Saying that, they are a bit fiddley to take apart and I have crushed a few in the process.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Hello ACD, I bought the Mighty + :mrgreen: along with the charger, the wear and tear kit thanks Not the monk, and some dosage tins and plunger thanks Bifton, should see it this Friday :D hello 21st century :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Happy days Willjay. Have posted this before, but the information it contains still is relevant :mrgreen:
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Bifton wrote: Mon 31st Oct 2022 11:19 pm I agree with NTM, apart from the dosing capsules. I found them useful, especially when you are travelling. I find it much easier swapping out a capsule instead of pinch and stuffing as with a chillum. I just prepare a few and keep them in a universal sample tube as it is smell proof. They also help keep cooling unit cleaner, as less vapor poo gets sucked into it.
Saying that, they are a bit fiddley to take apart and I have crushed a few in the process.
Yeah that's fair, I tend to use my Mighty more at home than anything else, and was just thinking as a starting thing they're not really a requirement. Certainly doesn't do any harm to have them though :mrgreen:

Congrats on your purchase Bifton, sounds like you're well kitted out with everything. Its a really great vape and extremely robust too, hope you're enjoying it!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I also have the Mighty+ and I am very happy with it. I actually wanted to write a report about it here in the forum, but unfortunately I didn´t had the time to do it :?

That was the first and only vaporizer I ever had so I can´t compare to other products but I am usually a bong smoker and the Mighty+ still makes me very high :mrgreen: at first I was a bit worried if it´s strong enough because I tried once or two times some random vaporizer from mates but wasn´t really impressed by them especially in terms of effect.

Personaly I really like the dosage chambers. Very easy to use especially when it´s windy outside it´s so nice to have them :mrgreen: I would also get the "Dosing Capsule Magazine" which isn´t expensive and so you can take 8 dosage chambers safely with you.

It´s a great reliable tool and worth every cent in my opinion. I recently dropped it from 1.5 meters on the ground and it has not even a scratch and works perfectly :D
kalima

Post by kalima »

well I am going to have to go against the grain with the mighty , I had one but I ended top swapping it with a friend.. I really enjoyed the hit but I found that the flavour was really lacking compared to my Da Vinci IQ and IQ2 , and pax 3, plus I tended to cough more , I put this down to it being a different way of vaping ie convection vs conduction . I tend to switch between the pax and da Vinci, I find the flavour is better sometimes in the davinci, and like the idea of changing batteries, so if you forget to charge , you can still vape... essential for my wake and bake... plus I found the vapor production is so much more with the da Vinci and pax. but I did find the pods were great , for being out and about and for keeping the chamber Clean