FlyByNite

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Marok21

Re: FlyByNite

Post by Marok21 »

I hoped until the end that this turned out to be false news... Rest in Peace FBN

Sadly I never met him in real life but i am incredibly thankful that he runned the menu page which has helps many stoners around the world to find the right smoke and therefore to have the best experience in their holidays.
Also the "Who is in Town Page" gets real stoners connected which is a wonderful idea :mrgreen:
And he started all that in the "early days" of web a real pioneer! the same goes for lemming, of course.

Willjay

Post by Willjay »

RIP FBN
I never meet him in person but chatted to him about bike trails in Pennsylvania that he had done, it’s a sad day
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A reposting from a thread on channels.nl called small talk from FBN

Re: small talk
Stoners live and stoners die.
but in the end we all get high.
So if in life you don't succeed,
fuck that shit and smoke some weed

FBN
Wag More - Bark Less
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

David stayed in the very house I’m in now a couple times. He met my Jackie in a coffeeshop and a friendship was born. This would have been roughly 1998. I didn’t meet David until about 2002. I’d guess on channels.nl then in person many times over the years. He came by my place in Colorado once many years ago. We had drifted apart but stayed friends always. He was a unique character. About as kind of an individual as you could get. He always gave and never asked anything in return. RIP old hippie.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Thanks for the pic Lemming! Good for those of us who never met him to put a face to the username :D

It always struck me as amazing that he ploughed so much work into the menus and whose in town even though he hadnt been to NL often in recent years, you could tell it was a real passion and he enjoyed knowing there were "boots on the ground".

Hope hes in a good place now. Thanks for being a community guy FBN, you touched the lives of countless stoners in a positive way.......good vibes from your hard work and admirable intentions :mrgreen:

Also want to say thanks to Lemming for all the great work he does and the rest of you for being part of this community!!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Wag More - Bark Less
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Some nice memories and love for FBN here. Thanks everyone.

The picture was from my 2007 travelogue. It was taken in Rookies on 21st April 2007 and he gave me permission to post it back then.
bedge

Post by bedge »

RIP FBN
I didn't meet him in real life, but used his "whose in town" and menus pages many times before
my trips over the last 15 years or so. The people I have met through his site have been the nicest people you could ask to meet.The menu pages has also been of great use.
I wonder if a message of condolence could be sent to his family with a list of all the ACDers who want to sign?
Sadly missed
bedge
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Sorry to hear of FBN's passing.

It's amazing to think that someone I'd never met and only talked to on a forum can have such an effect on a persons life.

I used his site for many years, planned many a toke 'n' talk and made shopping lists of all the strains I'd buy and from where. So thanks FBN, you've made an impact on more lives than you'll know and I'll forever be thankful.

I'd also like to offer my assistance if FBN's site is needing a new admin or owner I'd love to keep it going. I'll pay for all server costs etc.

Thoughts go out to family and friends.
JLH
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Oh that really is terrible news, RIP FBN, thoughts with his loved ones.

Like so many I'm sure, I never met the man but massively appreciated his tireless dedication to the 'Who's In Town' and Menus pages over the years, which made such a difference to a huge number of people's holiday's.

A sad day.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

I met him a few times in a haze - the Who's in Town page was a great idea
I’ll think on how we can commentate him other than the obvious of keeping the page going somehow if that even possible
End of an era for sure
Maybe we could start online book of condolences and if the family are cool with it share with them.

RIP FBN
Papi

Post by Papi »

Very sad news to hear... I had an honour of meeting him during ACD 420 in 2016, one of the greats in the green world, will be sorely missed. RIP FBN, I hope you're smoking those big joints in much better place now. Your legacy will remain forever to the stoner's world.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

This is such sad news... This site just won't be the same without him...FBN genuinely brought so many amazing people together, and really seemed to love what he was doing... This is all you can really hope for in life...

He'll be missed by many.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Sad times, heaven gained an angel, I believe reading through he passed same day as my own father so I hope they are smoking it big and riding them clouds 💨💨💨💨💚
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Wag More - Bark Less