FlyByNite

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Lemming
Site Admin

FlyByNite

Post by Lemming »

Sadly we have a huge name to add our list of ACD's Fallen Heroes. FlyByNite aka FBN aka Bud Tender left us on Wednesday. I believe he was 75.

The great man himself in 2007

I think most people here were aware of him and his great work.

Image He first joined ACD's forums in April 2006 and last logged in on Wednesday 11th January 2023. Over that time he made 8221 posts, an impressive 1.34 posts per day!

Even before the ACD had forums, he was very active on the Channels forums and remained so throughout.

We also know him for his own Menus and Who's in Town website, once known as Coffeeshop Froghollow, of course. At various times 192.148.252.25/~reatta, my420online/froghollow and, most recently, www.coffeeshopmenus.org.

Some of us had the privilege of meeting him in person at our 4/20 Gatherings in 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2016. He was quiet and dignified. A real gentleman. We will miss him greatly.

I know his real name and now have his address so should be able to contact his wife on behalf of everyone if we want to send/say something.

Lots more to say and discuss but I just wanted to get this thread started.

Hobie

Re: FlyByNite

Post by Hobie »

I had the pleasure of knowing him and forever will miss talking to him ....
Thanks , Lemming
Wag More - Bark Less
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thank you Hobie. I appreciate your help with this. I've since tracked down his personal Facebook page via Blueberry's.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can commemorate him and keep his memory alive, please post here. I guess dedicating this year's 4/20 to him would be a start.
macky

Post by macky »

Big lose ,spent many Stoney hours chatting on his site :mrgreen:
Was at dinner with him one night and he was wearing a veterans hat ,a American lady at the next table thanked him for his service, After she left he told me he never understood that saying :D
He then told me when he was a young man he was a mortician in the army (Vietnam)
I believe he may have been one after the war . He always talked about his place on the mountain where he lived and owned a store or ran a store not sure always going to close it ...Be right back he would post on his chat . Thinking what he saw in his younger life turned him in the gentleman he was 8)
Loved his dog and going on road trips with his wife has couple good read travel logs. His buddy cloud something should be along I imagine to fill in a little more colour about him .RIP Bud :mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

Damn rip man
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Sad news R.I.P man.

I never had the pleasure of meeting F.B.N but his coffeeshop menu website and the who's in town site have been invaluable to me over the years, checking out what shops have what flower and hash and what 5g deals I could get whilst in town :thumbup: and the who's in town site was the same great for seeing who is about, I do hope we can keep these pages going some how for F.B.N

Smoking with all the other Fallen Legends in the Sky R.I.P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I only know of this site because of the link on his menu site and it has been brilliant over the years just checking what's new in the shops and planning the next trip ,hopefully it will keep going in his memory, sounds like he had a very interesting life and was one of the worlds good people . It would be great to hear more about him .
R.I.P. FBN
jonnerriah

Post by jonnerriah »

RIP brother ...thankyou for the great contributions
I can I cant ?
petty

Post by petty »

Sad news indeed. For a while I was never quite sure of his location. I sensed a connection to Haarlem, I thought maybe he was an American living there. Another unsung hero.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Very, very sad news. :( I was blessed to meet this fine man at our early 420 get together's. Super nice guy very laid back. Definitely a 60's man. Will be missed greatly. RIP FBN. :angel:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
macky

Post by macky »

petty wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 08:52 pm Sad news indeed. For a while I was never quite sure of his location. I sensed a connection to Haarlem, I thought maybe he was an American living there. Another unsung hero.
He lived in America,stayed in Haarlem with a good buddy of his mother who lived there .
Had bike he bought over the years he would use when in town there :D nice bike rat trap and everything . Last time I was there with him he had hash he stashed there a few years early .
Suppose the bike and some hash is stashed there now :mrgreen:
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Hobie wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 05:14 pm I had the pleasure of knowing him and forever will miss talking to him ....
Thanks , Lemming
Thank you Hobie for the intel on FBN.

IF services are open to non-family and reachable from NYC I would like to attend. Do we have funeral services information? I thought he lived in Northern VA.

What a LEGEND for people like me trying to navigate Netherlands coffee shops. Thank you FBN. I regret not meeting you here on terra firma and will be looking to spark a fatty with you in that Great Coffeeshop in The Sky.

:arrow: The 1st words FBN heard in his new realm: 'Well done good and faithful servant. Enter thou, into the joy of thy Lord.' :idea:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

macky wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 06:12 pm Big lose ,spent many Stoney hours chatting on his site :mrgreen:
Was at dinner with him one night and he was wearing a veterans hat ,a American lady at the next table thanked him for his service, After she left he told me he never understood that saying :D
He then told me when he was a young man he was a mortician in the army (Vietnam)
I believe he may have been one after the war . He always talked about his place on the mountain where he lived and owned a store or ran a store not sure always going to close it ...Be right back he would post on his chat . Thinking what he saw in his younger life turned him in the gentleman he was 8)
Loved his dog and going on road trips with his wife has couple good read travel logs. His buddy cloud something should be along I imagine to fill in a little more colour about him .RIP Bud :mrgreen:
thanks for that detail Good Sir Macky
He who tries to shine dims his own light
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

I am very sorry for the passing of our FlyByNite guru, years spent consulting his menus and a warm welcome when I joined this fantastic forum...a hug to the family from Italy.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

ed the head wrote: Sun 15th Jan 2023 09:19 am
Hobie wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 05:14 pm I had the pleasure of knowing him and forever will miss talking to him ....
Thanks , Lemming
Thank you Hobie for the intel on FBN.

IF services are open to non-family and reachable from NYC I would like to attend. Do we have funeral services information? I thought he lived in Northern VA.

What a LEGEND for people like me trying to navigate Netherlands coffee shops. Thank you FBN. I regret not meeting you here on terra firma and will be looking to spark a fatty with you in that Great Coffeeshop in The Sky.

:arrow: The 1st words FBN heard in his new realm: 'Well done good and faithful servant. Enter thou, into the joy of thy Lord.' :idea:
I'm trying to get more information , but at this time I have none . I Will advise Lemming and on this thread when and if I do .I left a message , and so far no response .
Wag More - Bark Less