The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Post by Lemming »

Latest

People

Members who've said they will be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

Bedge "18th -25th April" posted: 28th Dec 2022
Docgonzo42 "18th to the 24th" posted: 20th Feb 2023
Gapie " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :twisted: :evil: :shock: etc." posted: 2nd Nov 2022
Ghost + Mike "16th to 21st April" posted: 5th Jan 2023
Gman "19th to 21st" posted: 9th Feb 2023
Igraine Sunday 16th to Saturday 22nd
Lemming Sunday 16th to Saturday 22nd
Matty223 "April 17-25" posted: 9th Dec 2022
Nuggz "I imagine I'll make an appearance or two" chat: 21st Mar 2023
Occasional Bowl "between 16/04/2023 and 23/04/2023" posted: 18th Feb 2023
Phoenix "18th to the 26th of April" posted: 18th Mar 2023
Sammysarahh "I’ll be joint trad" posted: 25th Jan 2023
Talkrum "April 22nd to 26th" posted: 20th Mar 2023
Tokeing tom "19th to 21st" posted: 17th Jan 2023
Trad "18th-22nd/2023" posted: 28th Aug 2022
Worsall "All booked at the Bulldog 18 to 21" posted: 1st Feb 2023

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events proposed so far

Sunday 16th April 2023

22:00 (10pm) Flying Dutchman for first night sesh proposed by Lemming

In town: Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl

Monday 17th April 2023

13:00 (1pm) Green Place Haarlemmerstraat meet for free ferry trip proposed by Lemming
Ferry to NDSM for Funny People
Then ferry to Pontsteiger for Baba
Plus maybe other shops out west if we have time, energy and transport.

In town: Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl

Tuesday 18th April 2023

08:00 (8am) 1e Hulp proposed by Trad
13:00 (1pm) Siberie meet for Birdy, Haarlem Smoky tribute to FlyByNite
Plus maybe other shops in Haarlem and/or Zanvoort, depending on weather

In town: Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Trad, Worsall

Wednesday 19th April 2023

10:00 (10am) Het Gelderse proposed by Tokeing tom
11:00 (11am) Solo proposed by Tokeing tom
12:00 (noon) Betty's proposed by Tokeing tom
14:00 (2pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by Lemming
21:00 (9pm) Kashmir Lounge proposed by Ghost

In town: Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Thursday 20th April 2023

12:00 (noon) DNA proposed by Ghost
13:00 (1pm) De Kade proposed by Ghost
15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe for 4.20, proposed by Tradition
18:00 (6pm) Group supper proposed by Ghost
20:00 (8pm) Boat trip

In town: Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Friday 21st April 2023

11:00 (11am) Last day smoke-up session proposed by Ghost
21:00 (9pm) Last night smoke-up session proposed by Lemming

In town: Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike , Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Saturday 22nd April 2023

In town: Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Talkrum, Trad

+ throughout

Ghost Hunt, proposed by Ghost

bedge

Post by bedge »

High @Lemming I would have liked to go to birdys but i am happy with the suggested time table.
You cant please everyone with us all arriving at different dates.
Looking forward to seeing you guys.
best wishes
bedge
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Thu 23rd Mar 2023 01:13 pm Hey guys. Wish I could be there this year, but right now my priorities are at home helping my mom. Hopefully I can make it
next year. Looks like a nice group of folks this year and as always, it should be epic. :)

As anyone given a shout out to RobOG who lives in Zandvoort? I know he would attend. He's been a regular here for years. Great guy. Just a thought. Everyone have a wonderful day. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Hi Big Man :D shame that you can not make this year buddy, but hey family always take priority 1st :thumbup: Would of been good to catch up and like @Lemming said you will be sadly missed as will @EdtheHead and @CouphenhagenCouple all good eggs :D 8) :mrgreen: :!: Hopefully we will all be able to get into town for next years events :mrgreen: and a good catch/smoke up my brothers :mrgreen:

@Bedge shame your not be in town in time for the Birdy's visit mate but am sure we could make something happen if it is a shop you really want to get to whilst in town :?: Like you said if everyone all came in at the same time on the same dates and left at the same time would be easier to set events up and organize stuff but hey we all human and nothing works like that with us all being Stoners :lol: looking forward to catching up with you :thumbup:

Still no news from any of the boat companies :!: :?: If we have no joy from any boats then I suggest that we book on to the Bulldog Public sailing at 6.30 pm 20th and all book it up before online beforehand (not ideal as we want a private boat, but better than nothing if it comes to it) They still have plenty of bookings at this time but other sailings on that day are fully booked now, so we need to make a choice sooner rather than later :!: I feel if we have had no reply's back next week then Mike and I will be booking the 6.30pm 20th Bulldog Boat public sailing (will update on this next week)

There are a couple of shops in Haarlem that I wouldn't mind getting to whilst in that neck of the woods 1 being Willie Wortel's Indica the one with the view of the windmill from the front window banging view :D , it has been a very long time since visiting here, that long that my cousin was still around then and we spent many an hr sat in that front window. They also have a rosin press and I can dab there :D 8) Another shop I wouldn't mind having a look at is The Lounge I have never been here before and like the look of it seems a reasonable size and the last menu doesn't look to bad and if we are down that way then why don't we stick our heads in at Willie Wortels Sinsemilla :?: . What is everyone else's views who will be attending the Haarlem trip :?:

420 count down clock is ticking away nicely guys - :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Hi All - looks like is a lot is being planned. I am up for a boat trip and meal on the 20th and will definitely catch up at a few of the meets. I am now in town on the 17th April.

Itinerary all looks good to me should be able to make most of them.

I assume we are keeping the original WhatsApp group to keep in contact while we are all in town?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Worsall wrote: Sat 25th Mar 2023 11:47 am Hi All - looks like is a lot is being planned. I am up for a boat trip and meal on the 20th and will definitely catch up at a few of the meets. I am now in town on the 17th April.

Itinerary all looks good to me should be able to make most of them.

I assume we are keeping the original WhatsApp group to keep in contact while we are all in town?
Hi Worsall, Yes using the original 420 What's App group for contact when in town and posting updates etc. Anyone who is coming into town for the 420 week and not already in the What's App group and want's to be then message @Lemming to add you to the group :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Last edited by Worsall on Sat 25th Mar 2023 03:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Ghost wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2023 09:41 pm
Lemming wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2023 07:02 pm
Ghost wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2023 05:49 pm Will you still be visiting Birdy's on the Friday so everyone else who wanted to get there can :?:
My thinking was that the same people are in town on both days, although that does depend on what time people are arriving on Tuesday and leaving on Friday.

It appears that Bedge, Docgonzo42, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Trad and Worsall are arriving on Tuesday. We know Trad and Sammysarahh are arriving very early. Hopefully the others will be in town by lunchtime.
Yes Tuesday is good but I don't arrive until late afternoon so realistically it would need to be evening
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Lemming wrote: Fri 10th Mar 2023 12:46 am Anyway, what's the best deal on trams these days? I gather strippenkarts are no more :lol:
ov chipkaart - I do have two spares save you buying them you welcome to have. You just top them up as needed
bedge

Post by bedge »

High I got a new chipkart and found if I was doing more than 3 journeys in a day the daily cards work out cheaper.
About 7 euros a day.
Anyone knows of any other options?
There seems to be over 30 options for travel tickets!!
Best wishes
bedge
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Worsall wrote: Sat 25th Mar 2023 03:20 pm ov chipkaart - I do have two spares save you buying them you welcome to have. You just top them up as needed
That's a kind offer. Thank you. I'm also considering day tickets.
bedge wrote: Sat 25th Mar 2023 07:20 pm High I got a new chipkart and found if I was doing more than 3 journeys in a day the daily cards work out cheaper.
I'm weighing this up too. I've used day tickets a few times. When I've been staying out of the centre they've been brilliant, especially as they include night busses. They encourage exploring the outer reaches of the city and it's great to be able to hop on and off without all that checking in and out.
On the other hand, if some days you use little or no public transport it can seem a bit of a waste.

I haven't had any kind of tram ticket for several years, I've just walked everywhere. I like walking, as several ACDers know ;) This year we have several out of centre shops proposed and Igraine is recovering from a broken ankle so trams could be handy.

Previously we've sometimes had three separate groups of cats to herd between shops. Some on foot, some on trams and some biking. We've managed to handle that but a group of us with tram tickets could get around a lot of places quite quickly if we wanted to.

How is everyone thinking of getting around?
Trad

Post by Trad »

I think you can also split the walkers into two groups, the fast walkers (such as @Lemming) and the old waddlers (such as myself). Making it even more herds of cats to herd.
I intend to use the bike (Pedi) cabs around the center, @Ingrain is welcome to hop🤣 aboard if she wishes, and public transportation for the long distance stuff. A day pass should do for those trips.
Lemming, do you remember the bar that we ended up in the night we broke @Gapie?🍻🤓🤓 It might be worth another visit, I remember that they were playing great tunes and had a very friendly bartender.

ROLL ON 420
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Worsall wrote: Sat 25th Mar 2023 03:18 pm
Ghost wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2023 09:41 pm
Lemming wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2023 07:02 pm
My thinking was that the same people are in town on both days, although that does depend on what time people are arriving on Tuesday and leaving on Friday.

It appears that Bedge, Docgonzo42, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Trad and Worsall are arriving on Tuesday. We know Trad and Sammysarahh are arriving very early. Hopefully the others will be in town by lunchtime.
Yes Tuesday is good but I don't arrive until late afternoon so realistically it would need to be evening
I am getting to Haarlem early Tuesday morning and plan on being at the Birdys smoke tribute. Then I am up for a full day Haarlem crawl.
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Trad wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2023 09:00 pm I intend to use the bike (Pedi) cabs around the center
What?!! Anyone planning on getting around on horseback? :lol:
Trad wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2023 09:00 pm Lemming, do you remember the bar that we ended up in the night we broke @Gapie?🍻🤓🤓 It might be worth another visit, I remember that they were playing great tunes and had a very friendly bartender.
Yes, Smoking Bull.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

For years I've been considering ways of mapping the last few coffeeshops not covered by the existing maps. Then, the other day, I was looking at a tram map and thinking how useful it would be to have the coffeeshops on the same map.

I'll try to make this slightly prettier in time but here's a sneak preview ...

Outlying coffeeshops on a GVB tram/bus map
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

More good news!
We have an invite to The Stud :D
A very cool shop way out east.
Some may remember our wonderful session there in 2017.

We need to find a slot for this. One option could be after Ballonnetje on Wednesday 19th or after 420 on Thursday 20th, especially if we're struggling with the boat trip idea.

The Stud is happy with either day but emphasised that it should be before sundown (it's Ramadan and it gets busy in the evening).

Thoughts? I'd like to get back to them soon.