The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Trad

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Post by Trad »

Lemming, perhaps the owner will be able to point you in the right direction.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sun 5th Feb 2023 06:09 pm Just to let you know, I contacted Birdy and we've pencilled in the afternoon of the 19th.
That is excellent news, count Mike and myself in for that :thumbup: Will we be having a coffeeshop as a meeting spot again, like Coffeeshop Siberia or another suitable establishment for the ACD crew in town :D 8) :mrgreen:

I reckon we have around 8 of us so far that are up for a boat ride of some kind while in town.

Trad
Sammysarah
Tokeing Tom
Mr G
Lemming
Igraine
Mike
Ghost

If any one else who is in town is interested or wants to join then add your name so we can get the head count up, then we can see about getting a private boat for us all. I haven't had the time just yet to have a proper scout out on the boats but will get around to it :roll: Will make sure that there are facilities on board :thumbup:
Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 5th Feb 2023 06:33 pm We will be in town from 10am on the 19th and we would love to join the trip to birdys, it will be my first time there and we're looking forward to it :mrgreen:
Nice arrival time there buddy, no day wasted :mrgreen: , I like it :thumbup: 8) :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I like an early start when I'm going dam love the morning vibe of the place :mrgreen:
New proposal to smoke joints in rld before the ban 🤣 what you think
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Might as well make it official, for the first time in what seems like a nice long spell of awesome 420s with the gang (save Covid cancelations), neither of us will be going. We have other plans further south in the end of May, which means that schedules just don't add up for April.. :/

Hope everyone going will have a great time, we'll be back again! :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

Hello again ACD.
All things being well I will be in Amsterdam between 16/04/2023 and 23/04/2023.
Roll on 420.
Hang on to your head
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Occasional Bowl wrote: Sat 18th Feb 2023 11:06 am Hello again ACD.
All things being well I will be in Amsterdam between 16/04/2023 and 23/04/2023.
Roll on 420.
Excellent! Be good to see you again. It's been a few years.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Latest

People

Members who've said they will be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

Bedge "18th -25th April" posted: 28th Dec 2022
Gapie " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :twisted: :evil: :shock: etc." posted: 2nd Nov 2022
Ghost + Mike + ? "16th to 21st April" posted: 5th Jan 2023
Gman "19th to 21st" posted: 9th Feb 2023
Igraine Sunday 16th to Saturday 22nd
Lemming Sunday 16th to Saturday 22nd
Matty223 "April 17-25" posted: 9th Dec 2022
Occasional Bowl "between 16/04/2023 and 23/04/2023" posted: 18th Feb 2023
Sammysarahh "I’ll be joint trad" posted: 25th Jan 2023
Tokeing tom "19th to 21st" posted: 17th Jan 2023
Trad "18th-22nd/2023" posted: 28th Aug 2022
Worsall "All booked at the Bulldog 18 to 21" posted: 1st Feb 2023

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events proposed so far

Sunday 16th April 2023

22:00 (10pm) First night sesh somewhere, proposed by Lemming

Tuesday 18th April 2023

08:00 (8am) 1e Hulp proposed by Trad

Wednesday 19th April 2023

14:00 (2pm) Birdy, Haarlem Smoky tribute to FlyByNite

Thursday 20th April 2023

15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe for 4.20, proposed by Tradition

+ sometime

Boat trip of some kind, proposed by Ghost
Group supper, proposed by Ghost

+ throughout

Ghost Hunt, proposed by Ghost
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Mike's +1 is a not going to be coming with us, so just got put up with Mike and Me :lol:
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 16th Feb 2023 06:25 am Might as well make it official, for the first time in what seems like a nice long spell of awesome 420s with the gang (save Covid cancelations), neither of us will be going. We have other plans further south in the end of May, which means that schedules just don't add up for April.. :/

Hope everyone going will have a great time, we'll be back again! :mrgreen:
Shame you guys will not be around to blaze it up for 420, but like you plans further south in May 8) :thumbup: am still working on that myself so fingers crossed :thumbup: that I can make it as well 8) :wink: it is a bit of a juggling act :lol:

Nice group of people starting to build up on who is in town and with a few locals thrown in for good measure then we have a nice sized ACD crew for 420 in town :mrgreen: :D 8) looking forward to it 8)

As for the boat ride, I have now had a look at the Bulldog offering https://elektrohaven.nl/ and to use their boats for a private tour, we will need a minimum of 12 people. So the private tour boats we will need at least 12 people committed for either of those :lolno: . There still is www.smokeboat.com offering for anyone that wants to go on that, which is OK. Personally Mike and I will not bother with the Smokeboat trip. May be a lot easier for everyone to just sort their own trip out for themselves either before hand or while they are in town and then people can do as they please, after speaking with Mike he is not bothered about doing any boat trip whilst in town this trip. Suppose just see how it pans out over the 420 week, there are quite a few options for people to choose from :thumbup: and for the meal we can just arrange that while in town one evening if anyone fancies 8) it.

Will be checking out coffeeshop De Kade and DNA at some point during the week, it has been a while since last down there other than that we are just going to take it as we fly :mrgreen: and see where we land :D roll on and roll up 420 :mrgreen:
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Im so happy to say that Ill be in Amsterdam on 4/20 and looking forward to the meet very much. Its been 11 years since I have been and haven't been on this forum since 2011. Life happened and now I'm ready to see Amsterdam again so I'm doing a trip from the 18th to the 24th. Please include me on the list. Wow my name should be Docgonzo56 now.
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

It's great to see more people on board I look forward to meeting you.
I checked out that link for the bulldog boat it seems good value to me at around €25 a head it would be good if we could get a few definite numbers and get it booked (I don't mind booking it if we have numbers) we have done the smoke boat tour before and while it's grand once I wouldn't rush back :lol:
Hey ghost we have never been to De Kade or DNA and would love a trip up that way if we could arrange for the morning of the 19th or 20th we will be there, i know this could be pushing time with other arrangements so if not feasible no worries .
Have a good day folks 😊
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 20th Feb 2023 08:56 am It's great to see more people on board I look forward to meeting you.
I checked out that link for the bulldog boat it seems good value to me at around €25 a head it would be good if we could get a few definite numbers and get it booked (I don't mind booking it if we have numbers) we have done the smoke boat tour before and while it's grand once I wouldn't rush back :lol:

Hey ghost we have never been to De Kade or DNA and would love a trip up that way if we could arrange for the morning of the 19th or 20th we will be there, i know this could be pushing time with other arrangements so if not feasible no worries .
Have a good day folks 😊
Yes agreed the Bulldog boat is good value and also agree that definite numbers are a must :!: , for some one to commit to booking it up in advance and laying the cash out up front to secure it for everyone, there is no saying that you will get your money back if people do not show though

We could schedule a visit to De Kade and DNA for the morning of the 20th say 10.30/11am(can always move it around if needed) as there is nothing else scheduled for the morning. T 'n' T - 10.30/11AM DeKade -20th 2023 and then pop over to DNA and check their wares. While I am down in that area I will be heading along to Beatrix Park for a casual stroll/ride and chill out(hoping we gets the weather we had last year 8) ) worth a stroll around if you have never been was a lot of art and statues when I was last down there :D That still leaves plenty of time for the 420 afternoon :thumbup:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Ghost wrote: Mon 20th Feb 2023 05:25 pm
Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 20th Feb 2023 08:56 am It's great to see more people on board I look forward to meeting you.

Have a good day folks 😊
Yes agreed the Bulldog boat is good value and also agree that definite numbers are a must :!: , for some one to commit to booking it up in advance and laying the cash out up front to secure it for everyone, there is no saying that you will get your money back if people do not show though

We could schedule a visit to De Kade and DNA for the morning of the 20th say 10.30/11am(can always move it around if needed) as there is nothing else scheduled for the morning. T 'n' T - 10.30/11AM DeKade -20th 2023 and then pop over to DNA and check their wares. While I am down in that area I will be heading along to Beatrix Park for a casual stroll/ride and chill out(hoping we gets the weather we had last year 8) ) worth a stroll around if you have never been was a lot of art and statues when I was last down there :D That still leaves plenty of time for the 420 afternoon :thumbup:

If we get the numbers I would have no problem booking and taking the chance on the boat ..
The t and t for the morning of the 20th is great I've been meaning to get to those coffeeshops for years but always get derailed 🤣
It would be nice to have a few beers before 420 so maybe bettys ,batavia or the bottle (once it starts with a B we are happy ) for about 2 -2.30
,anyways we can work that out closer to the day 😁
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Some good plotting and scheming going on here. I've been engrossed in FBN's site for a while so appreciate you guys keeping the conversation and enthusiasm going.

It's still only February so, hopefully, more people will decide to join us over the coming weeks. Then we can begin to fill in the schedule, decide on a boat and so on.
Trad

Post by Trad »

Howdy,
This is really starting to take shape now that we are getting more people attending.
As to the boat rental, I understand that we require 12 people minimum. If we only have 10 could we not just pay for 12 and split the extra between us? We would be more than willing to chuck in an extra 5/?eur.
Looking forward to meeting a lot of new members this year.
Roll on 420.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Igraine

Post by Igraine »

Any interest in a return visit to The Balloon? We had a super reception last time. I have a soft spot for their taste in music 🙂.