The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Post by Lemming »

Canna Cruise boat - their website confused me. Not sure whether the prices are per person or boat. Not clear on what boats they have either. Otherwise sounds great. Love the idea of Volcano and rosin press.

All this talk about outlying coffeeshops and evening excursions to Kashmir is making me think a tram ticket of some variety might be good. Also Igraine is still recovering from a broken ankle.

I've just remembered a few more unvisited shops. So there's DNA and De Kade in the south, The Border, even further south, Watersnip out west, Boerejongens Sloterdijk and Bulldog Port 26 in the docks, Atlas and Hunter's Bros in the north and Roots and Best Friends Zuidoost down in Zuidoost. Actually, thinking about it, there're loads! A few around Baarsjes I missed too.

Anyway, what's the best deal on trams these days? I gather strippenkarts are no more :lol:

bedge

Post by bedge »

High all
I made a boo boo with the canna cruise suggestion.I thought it was saying 10 people for 150 euros!
I think the Frederic bikes are about 12 euros a day and they are unmarked, so you look like a local. I always think it's better not to look like a tourist. Also it's on brouwersgratcht 4 mins from central station and near my fav coffeeshop siberie. :D
I am still up for a boat trip but only sensible prices. That cannabis cruise outfit have cannabis meals for 750 euro! that's more than 2 days spending money for me, I can't afford that.
c u soon
best wishes
bedge
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

:thumbup:
jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 9th Mar 2023 10:49 pm
Sorry maybe didnt make it clear. You can rent bikes with the ov chipkaart for 4e a day. They've just opened a massive underground bike parking at central station too. You just scan your card and take the bike.
Oh I didn't realize :D that is great news :thumbup: will be checking that out if that is the case, many thanks @Jolly :D 8) I saw the underground bike park when I was in town last so well happy with this :D
Lemming wrote: Fri 10th Mar 2023 12:46 am Canna Cruise boat - their website confused me. Not sure whether the prices are per person or boat. Not clear on what boats they have either. Otherwise sounds great. Love the idea of Volcano and rosin press.

All this talk about outlying coffeeshops and evening excursions to Kashmir is making me think a tram ticket of some variety might be good. Also Igraine is still recovering from a broken ankle.

I've just remembered a few more unvisited shops. So there's DNA and De Kade in the south, The Border, even further south, Watersnip out west, Boerejongens Sloterdijk and Bulldog Port 26 in the docks, Atlas and Hunter's Bros in the north and Roots and Best Friends Zuidoost down in Zuidoost. Actually, thinking about it, there're loads! A few around Baarsjes I missed too.

Anyway, what's the best deal on trams these days? I gather strippenkarts are no more :lol:
Yep the Canna Cruise is quite a bit of dosh, it is priced per person per ticket and 10 tickets are 1500euro for the 1.5hr private tour, I have emailed them to see if there is a deal possible but not going to be holding my breath on that.

Yes think a public transport pass would be an advantage especially if Igraine is recovering from that broken ankle. I use www.ovshop.nl and can either get a Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket 3days = 40.50e which enables all public transport and rail or the GVB day ticket 168 hours (7 days) = 41.00e which is trams and metro and bus's, they can be ordered online and sent to your home adress or to the accomadation you will be staying at or buy from the GVB premises opposite Central Station. There is also the one @Jolly recommended www.ov-chipkaart.nl which seems that it takes you to the same site I suggested when ordering.

There are a few shops there that I wouldn't mind trying to get to myself especially the Bulldog Port 26 and Boerjongens in Sloterdijk and Best Friends in Zuidoost, not sure time will be on our side when we start getting into sessions but we never know maybe earlier in the week the 1st couple days we might have a chance or maybe combine the morning of Birdy's visit with a trip to another of these shops :?:
bedge wrote: Fri 10th Mar 2023 01:36 am High all
I made a boo boo with the canna cruise suggestion.I thought it was saying 10 people for 150 euros!
I think the Frederic bikes are about 12 euros a day and they are unmarked, so you look like a local. I always think it's better not to look like a tourist. Also it's on brouwersgratcht 4 mins from central station and near my fav coffeeshop siberie. :D
I am still up for a boat trip but only sensible prices. That cannabis cruise outfit have cannabis meals for 750 euro! that's more than 2 days spending money for me, I can't afford that.
c u soon
best wishes
bedge
Hi Bedge, yes I thought it was 10 tickets for 150euro and a very good deal but when going through the checkout it comes up as 1500euro for the 1.5hr sailing and like you said sensible pricing only, I also saw them meals and thought 'WOW :shock: ' when I see them prices :lol: and I also do not want to be spending that much. I think the Bulldog boat is a good choice for us all and we can get it for a private sailing for a reasonable price :D

The Frederic Bikes are pretty good value for money :D I will check out what @Jolly is saying about the 4euro a day bike hire as I already have the Chipkaart which would work out very well with a combination of the tram pass etc :thumbup: Things are starting to take a 420 shape :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Well after doing a fair bit of research on the boat situation on private charters etc, I have come to realize that this is not going very well and is taking up a fair bit of my time :lol:. The companies I have emailed have not bothered getting back to me at all, not even a nothing available email - great service there :thumbdown: and the boats like Canna Cruise are way to expensive for us to charter and they don't seem to offer individual bookings/public sailings.
The Bulldog private boats have no availability on the 20th on their website when you try to book it through the booking site so overall I am stumped :lol: fried my brain. You can book the Bulldog boat as an individual booking for the 20th but doesn't say how many places are available and there are only 3 time slots which are 15:30, 17:00 and 18:30 and obviously we have 4:20 going on so really only the 18:30 slot is really any good for us. Mike and I are going to book onto the Bulldog Tour @18:30 on 20th @52euro roughly later tonight when he pops in, I would say that if anybody else would like to get on that boat then you should maybe think of booking up your tickets using the link in the thread asap as unsure on availability, and the few days before are either sold out or there are no sailings going on, there are more sailings on the 21st for the members who are lucky to be in town a little longer :thumbup:
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Ghost wrote: Wed 15th Mar 2023 06:29 pm Well after doing a fair bit of research on the boat situation on private charters etc, I have come to realize that this is not going very well and is taking up a fair bit of my time :lol:. The companies I have emailed have not bothered getting back to me at all, not even a nothing available email - great service there :thumbdown: and the boats like Canna Cruise are way to expensive for us to charter and they don't seem to offer individual bookings/public sailings.
The Bulldog private boats have no availability on the 20th on their website when you try to book it through the booking site so overall I am stumped :lol: fried my brain. You can book the Bulldog boat as an individual booking for the 20th but doesn't say how many places are available and there are only 3 time slots which are 15:30, 17:00 and 18:30 and obviously we have 4:20 going on so really only the 18:30 slot is really any good for us. Mike and I are going to book onto the Bulldog Tour @18:30 on 20th @52euro roughly later tonight when he pops in, I would say that if anybody else would like to get on that boat then you should maybe think of booking up your tickets using the link in the thread asap as unsure on availability, and the few days before are either sold out or there are no sailings going on, there are more sailings on the 21st for the members who are lucky to be in town a little longer :thumbup:
https://www.smokeboat.com/smokeboat-tickets/ has loads of free slots on 420, 25euro each plus booking fee(which is limited to 10euro so maybe best to book as a group) for 1hr tour, 30euro for 75min with a drink* included. I wont be there, just maybe useful info for youse

*used to be 2 beers ye got, website now just says "cold drink"
be lucky
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Ghost wrote: Wed 15th Mar 2023 06:29 pmBulldog Boat
so is this not available for hire? Have you tried contacting them? (I know I should but I'm a bit swamped at the moment). I wonder whether Bulldog man Ed has any direct channels? 52 euros for a public sailing seems very expensive and, as discussed before, a whole boat is so much better. There is always Captain James/Pure Boats too.

Meanwhile, some very good news - we're officially invited to Ballonnetje! Haven't set a date yet. I'm thinking afternoon of 21st would be good. Would that suit everyone? I see a few people are only around until 21st. Will you all still be around in the afternoon?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2023 03:49 pm
Ghost wrote: Wed 15th Mar 2023 06:29 pmBulldog Boat
so is this not available for hire? Have you tried contacting them? (I know I should but I'm a bit swamped at the moment). I wonder whether Bulldog man Ed has any direct channels? 52 euros for a public sailing seems very expensive and, as discussed before, a whole boat is so much better. There is always Captain James/Pure Boats too.

Meanwhile, some very good news - we're officially invited to Ballonnetje! Haven't set a date yet. I'm thinking afternoon of 21st would be good. Would that suit everyone? I see a few people are only around until 21st. Will you all still be around in the afternoon?
Yes I sent over an email to them, so they may get back but no one else has bothered to email back about the other boats :lol: I will keep on it as and when I get some spare time. Some of the boats are unsuitable as we are unable to smoke a doobie on board etc and some are just silly money, way over the top.

The 52 euro is for 2 tickets and includes the admin charge, the tickets are actually 25 euro each and then a small charge on top and drink included - it is an hour sailing and enough seats etc.

There is this one https://buddhaloungeboat.com/ which looks like max 15 people and we could get it for 420, works out around 30e per person and you could hire shisha on board if that is your thing. Looks a really smart boat and heated seats :D I have just sent these guys an email as well.

How many people are actually going to be up for the boat :?: Some def numbers would make it a lot easier on how many tickets we sort of need

Great news on Ballonnetje, the 21st is not the best day for Mike and I, unless it is 1st thing in the morning as we are heading back to the airport later in the afternoon to catch our flight home :( If that is the only day possible then we shall just have to miss it, unless it could be scheduled for the 20th in the morning :?: and move the De Kade and DNA visit to the morning of the 21st or the 19th maybe :?:
bedge

Post by bedge »

High all
Great news on Ballonnetje! :D
I am up for the Ballonnetje anytime from 19th till 24th.
Looking forward to seeing some of you guys soon
best wishes
bedge
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I like the look of that Buddha Boat. Hadn't come across that one before.

As a lazy stoner, I don't really do mornings! As everyone seemed to feel that our visit to Ballonnetje was a highlight last year, it feels important to make sure everyone can make it. How about swapping Ballonnetje and Birdy? I think Tom and Gman said they'd be in town early on 19th so that should be a time everyone can do. We could reschedule Birdy for 21st or 18th.

Maybe next time I update the list I'll add who is in town on each day. Meanwhile, which of the suggested activities: Rotterdam, Kashmir lounge, Betty's, De Kade, DNA, Ballonnetje, Birdy and whatever else has been mentioned, would each of us particularly like to do? If we know that we can schedule events around when people are in town. We've heard very little from some of the people on the list. What are you guys prioritising?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2023 06:46 pm I like the look of that Buddha Boat. Hadn't come across that one before.

As a lazy stoner, I don't really do mornings! As everyone seemed to feel that our visit to Ballonnetje was a highlight last year, it feels important to make sure everyone can make it. How about swapping Ballonnetje and Birdy? I think Tom and Gman said they'd be in town early on 19th so that should be a time everyone can do. We could reschedule Birdy for 21st or 18th.

Maybe next time I update the list I'll add who is in town on each day. Meanwhile, which of the suggested activities: Rotterdam, Kashmir lounge, Betty's, De Kade, DNA, Ballonnetje, Birdy and whatever else has been mentioned, would each of us particularly like to do? If we know that we can schedule events around when people are in town. We've heard very little from some of the people on the list. What are you guys prioritising?
As of yet no email reply's just yet from any of the boat people. Yes it looks a nice boat and think for our group it would be a good fit, if we have the numbers to fill it.

:lol: I hear your 'Lazy Stoner Morning Vibes' :lol: Swapping Ballonnetje with Birdy's would work for us especially well and that would be awesome if so :thumbup: that was a cracking day for us all :D and I would be gutted to miss enjoying it with the ACD Crew.

I still will be getting down to De Kade and DNA on the 20th morning for a session but if you would like to bump it a little later in the day then pls do so as I think it was 10.30am on that day. Kashmir lounge I am still up for a session one night at even if it is a start point of the evening or and end point :?: to a days blazing it up and that can be scheduled any evening during the week :mrgreen:

Anything else I think of I will suggest when the new list is updated and can see what days etc we have available for stuff like T 'n' T etc

The clock's a ticking down :D 8) :mrgreen:
Trad

Post by Trad »

Count us in for the 3Bs; boat, balloon and Birdys.
🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓Roll on 420.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes we will be in town from 10am on 19 and ready to get going and we be up for anything for 2 days boats balloons a visit to kashmir lounge be a first for us so whatever is going on is good with us ...and yes please ghost double up on edibles for Mr g thank you 😊
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I am also in the city from the 18th to the 26th of April.
Would be amazing to do something together on the 20th.
Always wanted to be one of these boats.
Do you still have some seats left?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Here's a slightly different perspective of 420 week showing who's in town on each day. It might help with deciding which days we should do stuff on to ensure everyone gets to do the things that are highest on their priority list.

Sunday 16th April 2023

22:00 (10pm) First night sesh somewhere, proposed by Lemming

Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl

Monday 17th April 2023

Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl

Tuesday 18th April 2023

08:00 (8am) 1e Hulp proposed by Trad

Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Trad, Worsall

Wednesday 19th April 2023

14:00 (2pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by Lemming

Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Thursday 20th April 2023

15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe for 4.20, proposed by Tradition

Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike, Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Friday 21st April 2023

Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost+Mike (early only), Gman, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Tokeing tom, Trad, Worsall

Saturday 22nd April 2023

Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Matty223, Occasional Bowl, Phoenix, Sammysarahh, Trad

A few thoughts from me based on this list, although open to all suggestions: Maybe we should do a longer excursion, such as Rotterdam, on the Monday assuming that those only in town for a flying visit wouldn't have time for that anyway. Birdy could be Tuesday or Friday as the same people are in town on both. Kashmir Lounge could be Wednesday evening so that Tom and Gman can join. De Kade and DNA could still be on Thursday but maybe not until about lunch time for my benefit. I'm assuming that the boat would be Thursday evening if we can do it.

Evening of Sunday 16th maybe start at Flying Dutchman, rather than Bottle, as it was cool last year. We could migrate from there to Batavia and then report back on where looks like the best base for the week.

There are lots of other Amsterdam coffeeshops I'd like to get in but we can slot those in between more important events once we've settled them.

What do you all think?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Phoenix wrote: Sat 18th Mar 2023 01:11 pm I am also in the city from the 18th to the 26th of April.
Would be amazing to do something together on the 20th.
Always wanted to be one of these boats.
Do you still have some seats left?
Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you. It'll be great to add another name to my list of 420 Veterans.

Yes, there probably will be room on the boat when we get it organised.