Coffeeshop Menus

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Coffeeshop Menus

Post by Lemming »

FBN used to post menus on these forums every time he got a new one. I've tried to keep up this tradition but have got a bit overwhelmed recently. Sorry about this. Menus are coming in thick and fast, which is great.

The last 18 new ones are listed on coffeeshopmenus.org of course. I'm also working on a new What's New section.

Ghost

Re: Coffeeshop Menus

Post by Ghost »

Nice 1 @Lemming I really like the pic of FBN on the menu page 8) Are you able to get the 'Who's in Town' page up and running again or something similar with your own twist on it, or is it way to much hassle :?:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Agreed with @Ghost, it looks awesome and you are really doing the flying spaghetti monster's work there Lemming, holding that torch high for FBN. I am sure he is lighting several big fatties in celebration and is all smiles over what you've done, thank you Lemming and thanks again to our fallen hero for the great site.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Agreed too, the site looks great, you're doing FBN proud there Lem and it is greatly appreciated.

Its certainly nice to have menus posted in the threads from time to time sure, but I don't think its vital they always are if they're up on coffeeshopmenus anyway, just when you can. They're most interesting & likely to stimulate discussion and add to the threads when they're from a rarely captured place, have substantive changes from the last one posted etc, no need imho for a shop thread here to have a mostly unchanged menu every other post.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the encouragement.
Who's in Town - someone might be working on that. I'll report when I can.
Hope FBN would be happy with my imitation of his site.
I'm obviously missing something but what's the Pastafarian connection?
Maybe I'll build a button to write the forum posts. Another project to put on the list.
Meanwhile, any member can do those posts if you want. You just grab the image address from your browser and put it between image tags in your post.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Menus are coming in faster than ever at the moment, which is keeping me occupied :D. I'm uploading the latest batch right now.

You can find them all on coffeeshopmenus.org of course There is also now a new What's New page on the ACD listing all the latest additions.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

The bad news is that I still haven't found time to reinstate latest menus on the forums I'm afraid.
The good news is that there are a couple of big batches of new menus on coffeeshopmenus.org right now. Some from me, taken over 4/20 week, and some from RealFresh187.
The latest 20 menus are listed on the What's New page.
brufy

Post by brufy »

I read the subject as “Coffeeshop Menus”, pronounced “Meenuss” like it was a new coffeeshop in town! :lol:
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Lemming wrote: Thu 27th Apr 2023 01:16 pm The bad news is that I still haven't found time to reinstate latest menus on the forums I'm afraid.
The good news is that there are a couple of big batches of new menus on coffeeshopmenus.org right now. Some from me, taken over 4/20 week, and some from RealFresh187.
The latest 20 menus are listed on the What's New page.
Arbitrarily thought I'd stop just randomly perusing and add the last batch to the shop threads :mrgreen:

I'll can probably go through the rest and add any more from the last couple of weeks that haven't had a recent one posted later this evening if desired.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Brilliant job!
Thank you very much sir.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Ok menu bomb complete (basically everything marked *new* barring shop dupes with little variation) :lol: :lol:

Several menus there for shops that didn't have a thread so I took the liberty of making ones as I think it looks nice in the directory! I presume they have to be manually linked so here are the threads;

viewtopic.php?t=38144
viewtopic.php?t=38143
viewtopic.php?t=38142

Also is it possible to do something about the title of this one?
viewtopic.php?t=36007

If not idk if a new one for that shop would be preferable?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Thanks a BOAT load :clap: Not_the_monk for 40 plus updates on the coffeeshop menus!! Took me awhile to read them all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Very Nice. Wish I had a trip planned. :cry:

AzLaker
8)
Last edited by AzLaker on Fri 28th Apr 2023 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Fantastic work! Love your attention to detail. Perfect!
That saved me loads of time so the least I could do was to update the links from the directory pages.
I've also fixed the Black Sea topic - unfortunately someone upset kingbee so they edited all their posts and stormed off. That took out the topic title.
Incidentally, the *new* tag is based on the date being within the last 30 days. It will vary a bit depending on when I update the site.
Thanks again.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

No worries, figured you've taken plenty on Lemming, and it'd be nice to have some updated to compliment reading people's 4/20 trip reports... then the completionist in me took over lol. Plus there were a few real rarities in there which are always fun to see.

Yeah I figured that was what had happened to the Black Sea one, nice one, thanks for that!

I don't mind doing something similar every month or so, for significantly changed or new ones anyway, can kinda get into a roll with doing them in bulk. The *new* tag just helps visually pick them out rather than having to look at the specific dates.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

A question for phone camera users (i.e. everyone younger than me probably :D ):

If you take a picture on your phone, how would you usually send that picture to someone if you don't have their phone number, only their email address?

I get a few blank emails that I suspect might be people struggling to send pictures as attachments.

The Image button on the coffeeshopmenus site should take you into your email client and present you with a form with the email address and subject line filled in. There should also be some hints in the message box.

I wonder whether this is helpful or more confusing, especially if you're used to a different method? Sometimes I get menus embedded into messages rather than as attachments, which might marginally reduce quality but is perfectly useable. Could this be an indication of the interface these people are using to send pictures as emails?