Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2

I like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
86%
I don't like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
14%

Total votes: 251

KingBlueSlims

Post by KingBlueSlims »

poped in for a Buy&fly and before i could even say hello i was orderd to take my hat off. Replied i just want to pick up and then im off anyway........... NOPE take your hat off or leave, so i left. Now i wouldnt of minded so much if i wasn't asked so bluntly and was given a reason for this bullshit rule but no, just plain rudness.

moby69

Post by moby69 »

Nearly all coffeeshops don't allow hats , in case of robbery .
The fact you were going to be in for a minute makes no difference.
Maybe next time they'll sugar coat the way they answered you , and hopefully you won't get so offended .
KingBlueSlims

Post by KingBlueSlims »

nah that aint right because in all 15 shops i visited dampkring was the only to ask me to remove my hat so thats far from "all"
moby69

Post by moby69 »

Well things must of changed drastically from 5 months ago.
Some even had signs about hats.
Interesting.
KingBlueSlims

Post by KingBlueSlims »

It can't have changed that much because that was the only time in 3 trips in 3 Years

nevermind tho, i suppose it is polite to remove one's hat when entering someone's home/shop
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

I went here last week, they asked me to remove my hat too but I did not take offence jus took it off. Anyway we 2 grams of mexican haze and it was very nice it had a good clear high, We also got a few drinks smoothies and fresh OJ all very nice but expensive.
KingBlueSlims

Post by KingBlueSlims »

hey, in my defence i wasn't offended by the request just the way it was put across.
Reefer Rogue

Post by Reefer Rogue »

you should know they don't allow hats. annoying, maybe. But just take it off, buy your stuff and put it back on. simples
Legalize it <3
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Hats and sunglasses.

My friend was told to remove his shades and we got to talkin' to the budtender about why such a rule is in place and it's definitely robbery, they don't want you hiding your face from the cameras. Understandable.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Amnezia was good batch-apr 2010
Nepal was nice-apr 2010
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kali mist, Cheese, and White Rhino where all terrible with only the Rhino that was the pick of the three. The Cheese i actually got from the Original Dampkring and managed to get a seat.

Now for the star of the show, HABIBI (SP) OMFG is this just the ultimate hash or what. I fell mega in love with this stuff as it is just everything i could want. Spent the best part of E100 on my addiction. If you have not tried it go get some, at E15 a G it aint cheap but worth every last Euro. 8)
bongskillz

Post by bongskillz »

One of my favorite shops from back when it was Pink Floyd with the super friendly scottish barmaid. I miss the old version but I can't deny the new version is growing on me. Not to mention the service is still very pro and the bar staff does table services even if your sitting all the way upstairs...

the menu always has top notch product but I have also found that there are always some really mediocre strains to be avoided (on some times budtender recommends not getting smth because batch wasnt great...)

I have enjoyed the water works hash's on several trips sampling them at all 3 price levels... i have had several samples that were full melt and super delicious tasting!

As others have mentioned the Rifman hash (everyone is talking about the habibi) is a really good product.. i don't remember seeing the habibi on the menu but i have tried several that were all top quality!

I have also enjoyed several fine hazey strains here such as nevilles, amnesia, and super silver...
vvvviper

Post by vvvviper »

In regards to hats indoors anywhere, is basic 101 manners to take your hat off when entering someones house or shop,especially in a shop where food is being served and or ladies are present.Goes back 100s of years when was a sign of trust that there was no weapon or anything stolen under your hat when in someones house.Not anyones fault except society as basic manners have gone out the window.To refuse in a place is disrespect to the owner.How hard would it have been to take your hat off and buy your buds? Should respect foreign countries wishes and maybe they wouldnt be so hostile and standoffish in the future.Hey,maybe im just old fashion.Wonder how many wars or duels were won and lost over something so trivial
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

KingBlueSlims wrote:hey, in my defence i wasn't offended by the request just the way it was put across.
It's just Dutch bluntness. Don't be offended by it, there was no ill-intention.
ysmugu

Post by ysmugu »

Looking forward to coming back soon and smoking my way through the Riffman hash! Hoping Habibi and Malika are on menu and are as lovely tasting as previous trips 8)