Dampkring

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dampkring

I like Dampkring
89%
I don't like Dampkring
11%

Total votes: 365

Crapulinski

Re: Dampkring

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nootram

Post by Nootram »

I think Baba/Bagheera still have Beldia on the menu. It should match what you're looking for. Some coffeeshops also carries the real Champagne hasj but I don't know which one at the moment.
kalima

Post by kalima »

I think Het Ballonnetje stock morrocan Champagne hash at the moment
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Crapulinski wrote: Thu 23rd Jan 2020 04:07 pm Thanks for the recommendations guys! I will be looking for Champagne hash next time, had this a few times (I dont remember in Which coffeeshop) and it was very nice, very dry sweet blonde. The tidhrin zabida reminded me of some Hiya I got from Solo, I mean it was not bad, but the last few hashes I had were very similar, dark brown, too oily to my taste, and same taste that I’m not fond of. the last time I found something interesting to me was in ELGuapo so I might also visit again.
i agree end of the year is never a good time to get marocan hash in amsterdam, i had some niqa from damprking in december it was nothing like
the hash i got in june. tidhrin zabida was okish in june but anyway...
Guapo dry sift isnt the same either, back in june the kandy kush was really nice, i had it before christmas and it wasnt the same, still good but not the same.

or is it just the good ol' name game ? i say kahlis is the niqa hash from june :mrgreen:

according to pictures solo has some fresh press
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sorry to say, but it is definitely not just a seasonal thing, markets all over euro are fucked and hash is very hard to come by in any reasonable quality anywhere... Rumors are many, facts few, but it seems that a recent, widescale Crack down against immigrants in Spain and Moroccan authorities doing their thing to capitalize or curb, means that 95+% is getting caught at the moment :evil:

One measure should be a total ban of power boats leaving some areas on the Moroccan coast...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I think it´s not just a seasonal thing, too :? like said it seems like a lot of stuff don´t make it to europe atm :?

While a few coffeeshops still seems to have some working connections :mrgreen: Coffeeshop Solo for example offered some very fresh high quality
newschool hash in the last months that was pretty outstanding. Like their "Black Domina" and "Zkittles OG" hash. All very bright clean fresh hashes with strong effect and nice flavor... well it´s newschool and not to compare with oldschool moroccan genetics but it´s really well made "clean" looking hash :mrgreen:

Dampkrings "Sensabille" and "Khalis" are quality moroccan hashes, too but it´s indeed more dark sticky stuff that not everybody likes... but apart from that it´s special quality and nice hash it´s different to the "bad" dark sticky hashes that I know. There are differences in these sticky moroccan hashes... some I really don´t like, too but sometimes there is some fine stuff around :mrgreen:

Like said before it´s pretty hard to find some nice beldia type hash atm. Some coffeeshops which sold 1 or 2 years before some nice quality moroccan hash sell now pretty low quality stuff :shock: hopefully it will get better soon...
WLow wrote: Sun 26th Jan 2020 07:40 pm or is it just the good ol' name game ? i say kahlis is the niqa hash from june
Well it´s only names :D but I don´t think that Dampkring do it like that. Well batches can change and sometimes also for the bad :lol: (because of different harvest, different weather, change in genetic...) but the Sensabille for example that I had on my last trips reminds me of the first batch I tried years before but it´s still a bit different. Even the worst batches reminded me in some way of the first batch I tried... well there will be for sure coffeeshops that simply change the names like they want to :wink:
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Sorry to say, but it is definitely not just a seasonal thing, markets all over euro are fucked and hash is very hard to come by in any reasonable quality anywhere... Rumors are many, facts few, but it seems that a recent, widescale Crack down against immigrants in Spain and Moroccan authorities doing their thing to capitalize or curb, means that 95+% is getting caught at the moment :evil:
I'm sorry but what is your source for that theory? I'm legit curious as I did not notice anything like that, the black market is still stacked with oldschool and newschool hasj as usual. Same question for Marok :mrgreen:
Like said before it´s pretty hard to find some nice beldia type hash atm. Some coffeeshops which sold 1 or 2 years before some nice quality moroccan hash sell now pretty low quality stuff :shock: hopefully it will get better soon...
Where did you use to buy legit Beldia? It's not a really popular hasj for tourists and even looking back 2 years ago, I don't remember many shops that were offering it.

While a few coffeeshops still seems to have some working connections :mrgreen: Coffeeshop Solo for example offered some very fresh high quality
newschool hash in the last months that was pretty outstanding. Like their "Black Domina" and "Zkittles OG" hash. All very bright clean fresh hashes with strong effect and nice flavor... well it´s newschool and not to compare with oldschool moroccan genetics but it´s really well made "clean" looking hash :mrgreen:
You can also add 1e hulp to the list, their Sour/Grape/Blue Sorbet should be quite something.
CopenhagenCouple

Nootram wrote: Tue 28th Jan 2020 11:18 am
I'm sorry but what is your source for that theory? I'm legit curious as I did not notice anything like that, the black market is still stacked with oldschool and newschool hasj as usual. Same question for Marok :mrgreen:
Several independent sources, mostly rumors at Christiania, but an acquaintance has been following international news and tracking the operations / busts and tells us that for a good while there would be reports of multi-ton bust on almost a daily basis, reported also on the ban of power boats etc. Don't speak frequently, so unfortunately can't ask for direct source for these news feeds, but maybe a little googling will help.
Nootram wrote: Tue 28th Jan 2020 11:18 am
Where did you use to buy legit Beldia? It's not a really popular hasj for tourists and even looking back 2 years ago, I don't remember many shops that were offering it.

There should still be quite a few places that sell it, but probably not at the quality level we could get even just 9 months ago. The Stud had a hash specifically called beldia, CS terminator, Bronx, El Marssa and a bunch of the "western area" shops specializing in Moroccan hash have had (and probably still do have) varieties that, although potentially called something else like Diamond or Champagne, were definitely "beldia type" Moroccan classic hashes, with at least a good portion of land race genetics in the products used. Check out trip reports from the 420 where we did a crawl out there, reviews of some of these shops etc. Quality is vary much a case of YMMV and it is bound to be even worse now a days.

ETA: The term "legit Beldia" is a bit of a misnomer, as Beldia is a type of hash, not a brand or place of origin within Morocco. It basically means that it is original Moroccan land race based dry sieved hash. Typically it has a very light and crumbly appearance and texture, with aromas and flavors often of the more earthy, woody variety. Sweet and floral notes can also sometimes be found along with other complementary notes of chocolate, coffee etc. As such, the only "legitimacy" a hash can have to the claim of being a "beldia type hash", is if it lives up to the parameters of that categorization (which is something you'll either have to take the dealers word for or try to judge yourself, the latter being by far our favored approach).
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Hey, thanks for the clarifications, they definitely make sense :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Several independent sources, mostly rumors at Christiania, but an acquaintance has been following international news and tracking the operations / busts and tells us that for a good while there would be reports of multi-ton bust on almost a daily basis, reported also on the ban of power boats etc. Don't speak frequently, so unfortunately can't ask for direct source for these news feeds, but maybe a little googling will help.
While there is some truth to what your acquaintance said, I would like to clarify some stuff. Yes, in 2019, the (Morrocan) police has seized 179 tons against ~50 tons the previous years.

It's hard to tell how much hasj is produced in Morrocco but the last available report from 2005 is claiming that 23.985 tonnes were sold/produced in a year and that's just hasj, not kiff which is probably another ~15-20K tonnes. Source (in French from an African media, sorry)

So, unless I'm missing something, that's less than 1% of the Morroccan hash that doesn't get through Europe... I think it's just coffeeshops/global resellers trying to milk from lesser quality hasj.

ETA: The term "legit Beldia" is a bit of a misnomer, as Beldia is a type of hash, not a brand or place of origin within Morocco. It basically means that it is original Moroccan land race based dry sieved hash. Typically it has a very light and crumbly appearance and texture, with aromas and flavors often of the more earthy, woody variety. Sweet and floral notes can also sometimes be found along with other complementary notes of chocolate, coffee etc. As such, the only "legitimacy" a hash can have to the claim of being a "beldia type hash", is if it lives up to the parameters of that categorization (which is something you'll either have to take the dealers word for or try to judge yourself, the latter being by far our favored approach).
Yeah, great point and my poor English definitely failed me. By legit Beldia, I just mean that the product should be 100% landrace from the Riff mountains. Your description is quite accurate ; currently smoking some lovely Beldia by the way :mrgreen: To my knowledge, Champagne, for instance, is a blend between Marrocan genetics and foreign genetics.
There should still be quite a few places that sell it, but probably not at the quality level we could get even just 9 months ago. The Stud had a hash specifically called beldia, CS terminator, Bronx, El Marssa and a bunch of the "western area" shops specializing in Moroccan hash have had (and probably still do have) varieties that, although potentially called something else like Diamond or Champagne, were definitely "beldia type" Moroccan classic hashes, with at least a good portion of land race genetics in the products used. Check out trip reports from the 420 where we did a crawl out there, reviews of some of these shops etc. Quality is vary much a case of YMMV and it is bound to be even worse now a days.
Those are probably great advices and most hashlovers in the forum should follow those. I'm not entirely sold by the idea that the recent busts are behind the loss of quality, it's probably the usual CS greed. Lets be honest, they're here to sell and not to please the hasj amateurs that we are, sadly.
CopenhagenCouple

Info is regarding general market, not CS greed, and I guarantee you it is very real, there are several places where it simply is impossible to get hash, same places where there would be more than enough to go around 6 months ago. The numbers we heard quoted had individual seizures of 15, 20 and more tons, at a time, and several a week, but these AFAIK were mainly on Spanish side or by Spanish marine...

Which reminds me, had a conversation with the nice old lady bt at Solo about it in November, she also mentioned that it was getting close to impossible to source and get through good hash (very impressive what they managed to get through though, one of our favorite hash shops) and later one of the gentlemen bts mentioned something along the same lines.

There are ofc probably a range of factors at play, reports of busts of large pre-market stashes / "stockpiles" around Europe, some talk about (at least here) some coke deals going fucky and people getting ratted out with knock on consequences for their side supply of hash and, quite possibly, some profiteering / opportunism at play. However, it makes no sense for dealers to leave customers entirely without hash, even of poor quality and having them turn to other sources, products or simply consume less or change habits, that's and that everyone on all the markets suddenly ganged up and decided to do the same... Someone would break out a stash if they had it, up the price by 50 percent and make a quick buck, but that hasn't happened.

I wouldn't trust champagne to mean anything else than a fancy name, no matter what it might once have meant, about as much as I would trust King Hassan to be a specific quality, place of origin within Morocco or something else.
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Thanks for your quick answer! :D Sorry, I did not intend to mean that you were lying or anything, I do not doubt yours and Marok's stories.
Info is regarding general market, not CS greed, and I guarantee you it is very real, there are several places where it simply is impossible to get hash, same places where there would be more than enough to go around 6 months ago. The numbers we heard quoted had individual seizures of 15, 20 and more tons, at a time, and several a week, but these AFAIK were mainly on Spanish side or by Spanish marine...
Again, I trust your words but that's still some very low amount when you look at the production. I do not doubt that there is a rising issue with the suppliers and the transport to Europe but Morrocco is still producing and exporting at least 2K tons/months in average. That's my point.
Which reminds me, had a conversation with the nice old lady bt at Solo about it in November, she also mentioned that it was getting close to impossible to source and get through good hash (very impressive what they managed to get through though, one of our favorite hash shops) and later one of the gentlemen bts mentioned something along the same lines.
Sourcing good hasj is another matter than selling it. That I don't doubt, but, in addition to the availability of such hash, there is also the question of its wholesale price and its profitability for the shops which, imo, must be part of the discussion. (I like Solo too!)
There are ofc probably a range of factors at play, reports of busts of large pre-market stashes / "stockpiles" around Europe, some talk about (at least here) some coke deals going fucky and people getting ratted out with knock on consequences for their side supply of hash and, quite possibly, some profiteering / opportunism at play. However, it makes no sense for dealers to leave customers entirely without hash, even of poor quality and having them turn to other sources, products or simply consume less or change habits, that's and that everyone on all the markets suddenly ganged up and decided to do the same... Someone would break out a stash if they had it, up the price by 50 percent and make a quick buck, but that hasn't happened.
I do not deny the big busts and some suppliers' issues. But yeah, I haven't heard nor noticed that the issue was that big in my local circles. (NL-FR-ES)
I wouldn't trust champagne to mean anything else than a fancy name, no matter what it might once have meant, about as much as I would trust King Hassan to be a specific quality, place of origin within Morocco or something else.
Yeah, Champagne and King Hassan are indeed commercial names and depending on the seller, its quality/grades will definitely varies but it's still a good indication as to what you're expecting to smoke.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Here in AMS, I haven't heard anything about kinks in the hashish supply-chain. Though, I know exactly who I could ask about it as a good barometer of such things. And if he can still put some old-school style riff-resin in my hands without any further comments, I'd take it as a good indicator that things are, by-and-large, business as usual...