Netherlands to ban 'magic mushrooms'

taginnp

Post by taginnp »

When do the 'summer holidays' begin. I'll be in town the first week in June (4 weeks from now). What's the chance that things will remain status quo during my visit?

DrGonzo

Post by DrGonzo »

Me too.... 5th to 8th.... might run into you!
When the going gets weird, the weird get going!
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

I have five lovely San Pedros, just little babies, from seeds purchased in December. Conscious Dreams will always live on with me, as will the memory of a really powerful 2006 trip on 'shrooms from Smart Zone, when I sat outside Rastababy laughing so hard the tears crusted on my face.

I've never been a big 'shroomer, maybe three or four times in my life. But abolition in any form is sad.

(And yes, of course, you're going to see a new industry in all the other commercialzed hallucinogens. But it will be costlier, because they take longer to produce than mushrooms, and probably eventually be driven underground because the smart shops can't survive without mushrooms, so that the whole gamut of hallucinogens becomes driven by the very drug lords abolitionists hope to curb...just a history-based prediction.)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

itsmymagicallife wrote:
Antonio Peri wrote:P.S. I`ll tell you my opion, concerning the ban: The US dominate the UNO - the UNO`s policy is the (from the US initiated) "war on drugs" - "a drug-free world is possible" and so on.
The UNO puts the European Union under pressure, and countries like France, Germany and the scandinavian-countries put Netherland under pressure inside the eu.
The ban of mushrooms in all countries around the Netherlands, caused legal problems, because it was a contradiction concerning the eu-law of free cicuit of goods inside the eu, that says, that when a product can be legally bought in one country of the eu, it must be legal in all other eu-countries also. And normally eu-laws are above national-laws. That`s the real reason for the ban - not some freaked-out-tourists, like the media say.
So if your reasoning were correct, why are they not also banning cannabis sales in the Netherlands coffeeshops?
Cannabis is not, and was never, LEGAL in the Netherlands. It´s only TOLERATED to buy small amounts cannabis in the coffeeshop. So, although it´s tolerated, cannabis is still an illegal softdrug - not a legal product.

The situation about the mushrooms was totally different. The fresh mushrooms were legal like vegetables. If I´d like to drive around in the netherlands with a truck full of mushrooms it wouldn´t be illegal, which it would be, if i would transport a big amount of cannabis in the Netherlands.

That is the reason, why the legal situation about mushrooms in the Netherlands caused a legal problem inside the EU - and cannabis won´t.
Umbyboy

Mush

Post by Umbyboy »

Last edited by Umbyboy on Sat 29th Jul 2017 02:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATWA

Post by ATWA »

This is so sad, Men and my friend was so hoping to buy some mushrooms when were going there in the end of june :(
Air Trees Water & Animals
SoenderbronX_DK

Post by SoenderbronX_DK »

I was informed only last Saturday (by one of the very nice guys in Babba headshop on Warmoesstraat) that the ban would not go into effect until July 1st, so Gonz, it looks like the shrooms are still on for ya ;) Don't know the status on growkits but will look into it next week and get back to ya, also it should not be a problem getting shrooms, even in (some) headshops/smartshops (save the chance that you are a screwball kid tourist), if you do not mind the dried version. I was even informed that the price would be double (per gram) that of the fresh one, which effectively means a reduction in price of 80% keeping in mind that the shrooms loose about 90% of their wieght when they are dreid, but none of their potency (meaning that they increase in relative strenght by a factor of ten)... !!!! :D
Who is John Galt?
DrGonzo

Post by DrGonzo »

Sweet.... head full of cartoons it is! :lol:
When the going gets weird, the weird get going!
SoenderbronX_DK

Post by SoenderbronX_DK »

Right on dude! ;)

Saturday late afternoon in Vondel it is for us, and then of to party at night, what a great bloody plan, can't wait!!! :D

SBX_DK
Who is John Galt?
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

I see the discussion about mushrooms in this thread has stopped very early.

For all the members here, who live far away from the netherlands and wan't to know about what's going on concerning mushrooms there now, I want to give a short but precise overview:

Since 01.01.09 the law to ban mushrooms is reality - which doesn't mean that it is impossible to still get some mushrooms there.

It varies very much from town to town there. Amsterdam ist defineteliy the BEST concernig this theme.

Nothing has changed there up to now - but this seems to be the big exception.

The mayor of amsterdam (too also say that: amsterdam was the only town in nl, which was against this law, before it became reality), refuses to practically control if the smartshos really adhere to this law. He says his police has, on the one hand, better things to do than controlling this - and also hey hasn't got a team of experts inside the police who could decide 186 different strains of mushrooms (which are contained in the law). Let's see how long the situatution in Amsterdam will stay like it is now.

In many other cities you can't get mushrooms (and even spore-syringes or growkits) anymore.

Some cities (like Maastricht) have found a totally different way to deal with new law. The smartshops there don't sell the same mushrooms like before. And it is also not easy to get growkits etc. for the known strains, which is very sad for me.
The only sell "Psilocybe skleratia" now.
These are kinds of truffels from psilocybe mexicana a - which also produces mushrooms AND these truffels (they sell only these, because they think this is the "hole" in the law - the only consumable part of a mushrooms strain they have forgotten (this has nothing to to with Psilocybe Tampanesis - Philosophers Stone, which ONLY is a truffle, but the law says Psilocybe Mexicana a is forbidden - but that only means, as they interpret it in Maastricht, the mushroom mexicana a that grows on the surface - not the truffle of it ).

You see how various and difficult it is at the moment.

I'd be glad tho hear about other way's cities there deal with ne new law practically now, because I doesn't have a first hand overview of all towns in nl.

Maybe somebody can tell me how it is in other areas of the country.

I also have contact with somebody who works in a Maastricht-Smartshop (sirius). He told me that the shop has a lawyer and that they are challenging the state, because they think the law is contestable.
bankhog207

Post by bankhog207 »

reddepadd.nl

u can translate on google translator from dutch to english and get smartshop news.
OceanVision

Mushroom Update

Post by OceanVision »

uj
Last edited by OceanVision on Tue 10th Aug 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Re: Mushroom Update

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

OceanVision wrote:Thank you for the updated information.. You know Amsterdam is the most well known place to try mushrooms... I hope that for all of our benefits the city keeps retaining the "MAGICAL" reputation it has always held.. I don't know what else to say, Have a great weekend to everyone across the world, and keep the love real between one another. Good Day !!
I always heard places in wales, ireland and scotland were very good places to find good shrooms as well....
Defeating evil with a thing called love
OceanVision

k

Post by OceanVision »

kj
Last edited by OceanVision on Tue 10th Aug 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.