Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

i like Barney's lounge?

very much
43%
it's ok
36%
could be better
6%
just forget about it!!!
15%

Total votes: 157

worldcitizen1723

Re: Barney's Lounge

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

LLMReb wrote:I visited on March 28th with very high expectations. To my complete dismay, the interior was redecorated. I don't like it at all.

Gone are the faux bamboo picture top tables. Hell, that's a poor description, but if you have been before, you know what I mean.

Gone was the steady flow of milkshakes. The milkshake machine was evidently broken.

Gone are the tables with plug-ins so you could Vape. Instead, you had to Vape at the wall mounted ledge near the bar and entrance.

Gone was the neat artwork with music; replaced with a television.

The BT was a very nice guy. The waitress was miserable and even said she was much happier working there with the different décor.

We did not stay long, which was a pity. At one time it was my favorite 'shop. Now . . . pass.
shocking!
what a shame. : (

JohnGreen

Post by JohnGreen »

Love Barneys always have .... First time I visited was renovating so I've never seen the old coffeeshop.. And I really don't like to sit ... Not the right atmosphere for me to chill in ... But the grass and the hash ... My god! I'm
Aware they are a bit overpriced but I've never been disappointed, taste is always on point.
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Their last batch of liberty haze was a freaking blast. Ive had it before but didnt really enjoy it, this time tho it really delivered an outstanding performance.

17e/g is unbelievably expensive but it comes as close to being worth the price as it gets.
HighC

Post by HighC »

Had a nice Irish coffee. Smoked a few bowls. Food was good and we got great seats. Pricy though.
kalima

Post by kalima »

visited this summer with some friends, i waster smoking some Turkish, something i have been looking for , for years, never available in UK, place was friendly, especially the BT, showed me the turkish pollen, ok very expensive, but was a lovely , lovely smoke.As i say i was with friends, and we visited, quite a few places, 1EHULP, Damkring, voyagers, Katsu and few others, but this turkish was the nicest smoke of whole weekend, spicy and really high. My friends who usually only spoke weed, were also in awe of it. so Expensive, but nice to have the best high , from a "natural" plant
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Bought their laughing buddha (15€/g) yesterday. Was a really nice smoke to arrive in the dam and just had it as a morning smoke as well, i'd rather tag it with 12€ max tho. Had some way stronger stuff for that money before (Old batch of liberty haze for example, holy crap that was some awesome bud).

The budtenders were extremely nice and kind tho, havent had someone serving me this polite in a cs for ages. Tho i never had any bad experiences in barneys, this was outstanding! Thumbs up for the barneys crew
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

While passing thought i would give there cookies kush a blast. I always pick up a gram of either tangerine dream for the taste or their parvati. I looked at the parvati and passed it just didn't have any appeal and the cookies looked and smelled good. smoked in a pure gram joint back at the apartment and it was ok nice taste just not strong enough for 18e. I'l stick next time to the T.D if visiting again. service was good as usual.
"If you can, then do "
Weemanio

Post by Weemanio »

Have only been in once in my ten years of visiting Amsterdam! Part of me would like to go back in but the price of the bud is unreal!!! Is amnesia still owned by derrys wife?
gromit

Post by gromit »

diddo weemanio,i like to grow the strains they have though,... :mrgreen:
Ped1Enator

Post by Ped1Enator »

Hello friendly tokers, I'll be in Amsterdam next week and would like to know the "volcano" availabilities. Barney's used to have a volcano for every table. I would buy from their helpful budtenders and sit with a tea and vape in a delightful environment. What I see in a few recent comments seems to suggest that the volcanos are gone. Did Barney's really eliminate the volcanos ? That would be sad.
Best to all !
johnnygiovanni

Post by johnnygiovanni »

Hi mate! Think you re right about barneys lounge but Barney's coffeeshop still has a volcano on every table. :D
Bluebird has many of those as well and i like the vibes there more :mrgreen:
andyc

Post by andyc »

I used to go into barneys lounge at least once every trip, as it was the first cs I visited in Amsterdam. The Scottish guy in particular was always friendly and helpful. Not bothered visiting last few times though as the Asian bud tender guy was a rude twat. Yeah I read somewhere there is only one volcano now on the bar
keso3k

Post by keso3k »

I always thought Barneys had better quality than the other coffeeshops, so i made it my first stop on my trip in a few days, but after reding up here im starting to doubt it. How good is Barneys weed? Is it worth stocking up there?

Have a nice one!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Barney's product is no better or no worse than most coffeeshops in Amsterdam. Sometimes their product is great - sometimes it's average, sometimes it's outright terrible. Like many of the shops I know and love.

What Barney's is consistently - is expensive. Most of their menu is €12 and above, for the very top end - expect to pay €16 or even €18 for a single gram. There is just as good quality product available in other shops at below €12, and sometimes below €10. So unless you're particularly interested in the strains Barney's carry (and admittedly you'll rarely find their specialities elsewhere) it's simply not worth paying the extra money to shop there.
In my opinion of course.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

I've never been let down by their product. However, I don't usually make this a priority stop and have only been there about 4 times in 7 trips. A bid plus are the volcanoes on every table, but they seem to be gone.
OneHighMofo wrote:What Barney's is consistently - is expensive. Most of their menu is €12 and above, for the very top end - expect to pay €16 or even €18 for a single gram.
I can only confirm that. On my last trip, I wanted to try "Pineapple Chunk" and went to Easy Times, but they were out of stock. The only other shop I knew carried this strain was Barneys, so I went there. This automatically meant a 2€ increase in price/g, and there are even pricier strains on their menu.
"Stocking up" in the sense of buying more than 1 or maybe 2 grams is not a good idea in my opinion, unless you don't mind paying top dollar.