Super Silver Haze

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Puffin13 wrote:According to the Big Book of Buds by Ed Rosenthal, it's genetics are from Greenhouse Seed Co.
I wonder if Shantibaba & Neville would agree?

Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Boner wrote:I wonder if Shantibaba & Neville would agree?
I have seen quite a bit of "who developed which strain" before but after doing some checking around further, it seems that Nevil Schoenmaker breed and developed this Super weed for the Greenhouse. How does Shantibaba fit into this, Boner? Was he working with Nevil or something? Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Boner

Post by Boner »

Puffin13 wrote:
Boner wrote:I wonder if Shantibaba & Neville would agree?
I have seen quite a bit of "who developed which strain" before but after doing some checking around further, it seems that Nevil Schoenmaker breed and developed this Super weed for the Greenhouse. How does Shantibaba fit into this, Boner? Was he working with Nevil or something? Peace.
From my understanding Shantibaba worked alongside Neville at Greenhouse Seeds and developed a lot of the top strains like SSH & White Widow and when he left they (Shanti & Neville) started Mr Nice seeds and they took the genetics with them.

Couple of quotes from Mr Nice forums:
This is a quote from the special in the new april 2008 edition from Hightimes...after reading their comments i'm beginning to take all their information on strains with a grain of salt cuz seems they're biased or bought off...here's the small article...read for yourself
"Super Silver Haze"-Green House Seeds (HighTimes pg. 38)
"Despite the online backlash and false accusations, Green House Seeds somehow continue to rack up the awards, having won many Cannabis Cups as well as blind breeder tastings all across Europe(IC 420 Cup, High Life Expo Cup, etc.). Perhaps it's because their strains actually do produce keeper genetics with real stability and power: Anyone who's tried properly grown White Widow, Hawaiian Snow or Silver Pearl knows that Greenhouse is for real.
Arjan used the original Haze genetics developed by the legendary breeder Nevil and later refined by Shantibaba to create Super Silver Haze, a classic frosty Haze that packs a real pedigreed punch. Skunk and Northen Lights genes bring the flowering time down to a manageable 10 to 11 weeks and also provide potency and flavor for this tasty and hardy selection.
Super Silver Haze and mony other offerings from Green House Seeds are now available in feminized form to save time and money for the grower. Grow them out yourself and you'll find out why Green House is considered the champion of champions."
What a load of crap...Shanti would u honor us with a reply...this article is rather appaling claiming that GH has the real genes...what a joke
Shantibabas reply:
Hi All

Considering I do not read High Times I would never know anything. It does not surprise me, but the facts are very erroneous. If Arjan claims to be the breeder of his genetics why would you state that both Nev and myself made it? What it says to me is that they bought a few packets of Super Silver Haze and selected a female to make feminized seed with...then it maybe more the correct story.In fact alot of seed companies in the passed have done just that with alot of our things, it really does not bother me. Making the strains has taken years and it just shows how certain business mentalities take advantage and lay false claims to things they did nothing to create. The only other thing I could read into some story like this would be why would Greenhouse or High Times even bring up this story if there was nothing wrong with the GHSco version...trying to use both Nev and my name to relaunch a product they claim to have made means that obviously too many people doubt them, and they need to placate their criticisms...of which there are many.

For the rest High Times has been spewing out the same stories for years now...and i do not feel it is in touch any longer with the growers who are serious about what they do. Just my opinion. All the best Sb
Source: http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=750

I appreciate that Greenhouse would have a differant point of view.
cheese

Post by cheese »

as far as i was concerned i had the same understanding as boner..

and if i were to drop some money on SSH seeds... i would purchase Mr Nice SSH without any hesitation.

i have even seen a side by side grow and the mr nice plants were much nicer. and i trusted the grower very much and much care was put into both companies seed.
' Smoke em if you got em '
smokedogbaby

Post by smokedogbaby »

it is definately mr nice

i am a member of a few growing forums

and the general population say shantibaba/mr nice seeds is the original creator

there have been bad germination reports of late, but he is cool as hell
and will replace any bad beans you have bought

also shantibaba has assured us that there are new fresh packs ready

so dont hesitate or go for maybe the cheaper

get the original and you will be rewarded
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Thanks for your answer Boner, Cheese and Smokedog! I think I have it straight in my head; at least for now. :lol:

I've seen you around in some of the grow forums smokedog. Welcome to ACD! Happy to have you here! :D One Love.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Wingding

Post by Wingding »

Excellent posting Gentleman... Ask and you shall receive. I got quite a education here...I certainly know what to do now!
juzz

Super Silver Haze

Post by juzz »

Just got to the Dam a couple of hours ago, checked in at the appartment and noticed that 4:20 wasn't too far away, so I thought I'd better go grab something to smoke.

I had a look on the ACD Map and noticed that Dampkring was right around the corner from my appartment. A SSH joint from there was on my list, so I figured it would be a safe way to start my trip.

I wasn't disappointed. Nice clear head high. I'm still functional, but I feel awesome.

No paranoia either, which is rare for me. I could just sit here smiling and laughing at nothing all day. Lol

Definitely the best weed I have ever smoked, but that's mainly because we probably get shit in Australia.

Overall 8/10.

If the rest of the weed here is anything like this, then I'm in for a great trip!

If anyone can recommend more weed with this kind of high, I'll be very happy! Thanks.
Dava

Post by Dava »

my mate has just moved over to australia and he said the grade isnt nowhere near as good as it is in England!, but yeah aslong as u go to the shops mentioned on this site the quality will more or less be spot on! any off the top-end strains will give you a nice high, but so will the lower-end strains from the more respected shops!, just ask for a look/smell before u buy and u cant go wrong!

have fun!

EDIT : SOUR DIESEL!! or the ECSD from grey area <-- yet to try the ECSD but everybody seems to be raving about it! any strain thats got sour diesel in the genetics should be a treat!
bleak

Re: Super Silver Haze

Post by bleak »

juzz wrote:Nice clear head high. I'm still functional, but I feel awesome.

No paranoia either, which is rare for me. I could just sit here smiling and laughing at nothing all day. Lol
I would recommend the S5 Haze from Mellow Yellow. For me, the high is amazingly clear, like you're totally buzzed on the inside, but you can still funtion and act normal. I remember smoking a few bowls of this at Mellow Yellow, then riding a bike, felt totally sharp and alert :)

In general, look for sativa dominant strains. I'm sure others will make some good suggestions for clear/up highs.
bleak

Post by bleak »

Dava wrote:my mate has just moved over to australia and he said the grade isnt nowhere near as good as it is in England!
Its true unfortunately. At least in Melbourne, the random street weed can be pretty bad. I've been sold wet/frozen weed before :(

But once you find a good connection, you can get weed at least on par with the basic Amsterdam grade (eg. a 6 euro White Widow)
islandgurl

Re: Super Silver Haze

Post by islandgurl »

bleak wrote:
juzz wrote:Nice clear head high. I'm still functional, but I feel awesome.

I would recommend the S5 Haze from Mellow Yellow. For me, the high is amazingly clear, like you're totally buzzed on the inside, but you can still funtion and act normal. I remember smoking a few bowls of this at Mellow Yellow, then riding a bike, felt totally sharp and alert :)
Love SSH but gotta agree with you on this, bleak. S5 Haze is one of the very best. ;-)
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

because it is an "original" haze, not something that has been crossed and crossed and crossed and crossed ;)
Dava

Post by Dava »

bleak wrote:
Dava wrote:my mate has just moved over to australia and he said the grade isnt nowhere near as good as it is in England!
Its true unfortunately. At least in Melbourne, the random street weed can be pretty bad. I've been sold wet/frozen weed before :(

But once you find a good connection, you can get weed at least on par with the basic Amsterdam grade (eg. a 6 euro White Widow)

yeah he says they call it 'dro' or 'hydro' depending on the quality loL!
think its a bit funny that they call it after what its grown out of!!!

but yeah he did say you can get some OK stuff now and again!
Hazy Neville

Post by Hazy Neville »

I would recommend the Nevilles Haze From De Kuil ( 420 ) a very nice sativa