The Balboa Family (formerly Andalucia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Andalucia

I like Andalucia
75%
I don't like Andalucia
25%

Total votes: 8

Marok21

Re: The Balboa Family (formerly Andalucia)

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 30th Dec 2022 11:08 pm MARSHMALLOW OG
FORBIDDEN FRUIT
I got a g of both and I have to say that they are indeed top quality and they match the likes of terps army hash like nicolato and onionz at same money,which is also top stuff ..
I didn't look at any weed so can't talk for that hopefully someone else can add to the story
Thanks a lot for the info I think I will make a short trip next week and pop in this place, too :mrgreen: Well with 22€/g their filtered hashes are not really cheap but if the quality is TOP it would be ok.
IrishSmoker1916 wrote: Sat 31st Dec 2022 09:58 pm I'll visit at some point, Tony's a cool dude, the hash sounds good, but he seriously needs some dutch weed at 12-16 a g to survive
WLow wrote: Thu 22nd Dec 2022 07:16 pm Everything on that menu can be found elsewhere for cheaper, he needs to find something exclusive to make the shop special
True! Especially for the locals it would be important to have cheaper options on the menu but on the other hand if all is real top stuff it could work but I can´t imagine that all is really top notch on the menu :roll: :lol:
I rather think that their offers will hopefully become more and more and cheaper of course over time but we will see :D

Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

It is overpriced maroc the 3 hashes from solo are top of the pops and they range from €13.50 to €15 they are harder and do not crumble just as well but bubble like crazy and taste is very good 👌
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

MAROK😊
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 1st Jan 2023 08:32 pm It is overpriced maroc the 3 hashes from solo are top of the pops and they range from €13.50 to €15 they are harder and do not crumble just as well but bubble like crazy and taste is very good 👌
:mrgreen: Solo never dissapoints and prices are fair 8) All three hashes are on my list for next week thanks a lot :mrgreen:
I already saw two of them on Insta and both looked very nice can´t wait to try :mrgreen:

Anyway I will visit Balboas Coffeeshop next week to see whats going on there but I don´t think that I try the expensive filtered hashes... well if they would be of outstanding quality I would give them a try for sure... the other hashes I spotted on their menu didn´t sound interesting but I will have a look :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was there last weekend:

The Menu was pretty similar to the latest one on the menu web page while they had one or two more filtered hashes on offer for around 19€/g. But at this point of the trip I had already enough quality hash on me and so I went for some weed instead which wasn´t easy to choose because of that high prices :lol: personally I didn´t wanted to pay around 20€ for a gram of weed... so i checked out the Glookies (16€/g) first which was also the cheapest on the menu. I never tried that strain before and it looked good so I went for it. It reminded pretty much of Gorilla Glue. Strong effect while I was just as unimpressed with the taste as I was with Gorilla Glue. Don´t get me wrong it wasn´t a bad smoke but for 16€/g I expected something more special.

The staff was super friendly and welcoming. The smoking area upstairs (3 floors) was pretty chilled not to noisy and I had a relaxed time there 8) Well I think the furniture was still from the previous owner and has seen better days but it was comfy enough for me and i think they will renew the furniture in the near future.

Overall I liked my time here. Very friendly staff and a good chilled atmosphere in the smoking area upstairs. It was a nice change to the crowdy city center that day. The Glookies (16€/g) was overpriced in my opinion but maybe it was a mistake to take the "cheapest" :roll: weed on the menu... but like said before I didn´t want to pay 20€/g :? I hope that their menu will get cheaper when the shop already open for some months :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

He probably paid a lot of money for the place and has to make it back but with prices like that for medium grade weed that you can get cheaper else where he is not going about it the right way . Competition is big on that street with Family First and Old Church just up the st and they doin real good lately so he has to pull his sox up big time ..if he gets it right he could outshine them both with his seating capacity. I'll give him another try in few weeks
So marok can't weight to hear what you had already picked up 😁👊
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Just seen a menu pic from today from here he has filtered hash orange cookies 73u and something else at €25 . :shock: I won't bother going back here until he comes back to earth !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 01:21 pm Just seen a menu pic from today from here he has filtered hash orange cookies 73u and something else at €25 . :shock: I won't bother going back here until he comes back to earth !
As you said he probably paid a lot for the license and I am still hoping it gets cheaper with the time... but as said before with Family First around the corner and Old Church it will be not easy.
I also don't feel like spending 25€ per gram for hash, which is mostly not really better than for example Coffeeshop Solos filterted hashes for 15€/g. Well I am still looking to find the holy grail of hash :lol: but in my personal experience, most of the €20+ filtered hash wasn´t worth the price. Well some have really rare terps and are tasty but in terms of effect I was many times pretty disappointed if you compare it to Solos best filtered hashes around "only" 15€/g. A few days ago I tried some Babara Bud filtered hash (22€/g) from Terps Army and was also a bit disappointed :? (review will follow)

a few days ago

I was looking for some high quality haze which isn´t easy to find nowadays. At first original Dampkring came to my mind but I remembered a video that I saw on Instagram lately of Coffeeshop Balboas Super Lemon Haze which looked damn nice so I gave it a try even if it was pretty expensive :?

Super Lemon Haze weed (15€/g) - Crystal covered sticky buds with a strong lemony kind of acrid smell. Smelled pretty potent to me and yes it was :mrgreen: strong sativa high but sadly it lacked in taste...It wasn´t a bad smoke and in terms of effect it was very good but for 15€/g for SLH I still expect more.

What i really like about the shop is the quietness in the upper smoking area and we met really great people there every time we visited. The staff was always super friendly... On the other hand this time I noticed how runned down the furniture really was... it really needs to be replaced :lol:
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 29th Jan 2023 06:15 pm
Tokeing tom wrote: Sat 14th Jan 2023 01:21 pm Just seen a menu pic from today from here he has filtered hash orange cookies 73u and something else at €25 . :shock: I won't bother going back here until he comes back to earth !
As you said he probably paid a lot for the license and I am still hoping it gets cheaper with the time... but as said before with Family First around the corner and Old Church it will be not easy.
I also don't feel like spending 25€ per gram for hash, which is mostly not really better than for example Coffeeshop Solos filterted hashes for 15€/g. Well I am still looking to find the holy grail of hash :lol: but in my personal experience, most of the €20+ filtered hash wasn´t worth the price. Well some have really rare terps and are tasty but in terms of effect I was many times pretty disappointed if you compare it to Solos best filtered hashes around "only" 15€/g. A few days ago I tried some Babara Bud filtered hash (22€/g) from Terps Army and was also a bit disappointed :? (review will follow)

a few days ago

I was looking for some high quality haze which isn´t easy to find nowadays. At first original Dampkring came to my mind but I remembered a video that I saw on Instagram lately of Coffeeshop Balboas Super Lemon Haze which looked damn nice so I gave it a try even if it was pretty expensive :?

Super Lemon Haze weed (15€/g) - Crystal covered sticky buds with a strong lemony kind of acrid smell. Smelled pretty potent to me and yes it was :mrgreen: strong sativa high but sadly it lacked in taste...It wasn´t a bad smoke and in terms of effect it was very good but for 15€/g for SLH I still expect more.

What i really like about the shop is the quietness in the upper smoking area and we met really great people there every time we visited. The staff was always super friendly... On the other hand this time I noticed how runned down the furniture really was... it really needs to be replaced :lol:

If you find a Haze that is high Quality and does Not Lack in taste, then you find a new world wonder :lol: :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

MrKushPuffer wrote: Sun 29th Jan 2023 10:30 pm If you find a Haze that is high Quality and does Not Lack in taste, then you find a new world wonder
True :D but I remember smoking really delicious Hazes. Still a bit harsh on the throat but nice taste. Especially some Amnesia varieties were unique. I also had some very tasty batches of Super Lemon Haze years ago.
I smoke too little weed to judge the current haze situation :lol: but what I've smoked lately lacked in taste :? so like said before it seems like the good hazes disappeared like many other strains like East Coast Sour Diesel, Sour Power...

Last year I heard pretty good things about "Karels Haze" which I didn´t tried yet and is still on my list to try.
It´s "Haze" x "Chem Dog OG Fire" and its the favorite strain of a mate.
Personally I tried really nice "Kali Haze" this year which was not lacking in taste :mrgreen: I never heard of the strain before but the buds looked very dense for Haze buds nearly like indica buds. Strong uplifting effect still a bit harsh on the throat but very tasty. It was the best "commercial" grown Haze that I saw since long time in my area mainly because it seemed like the grower focused more on quality than fast selling :D Especially in terms of curing and flushing.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Just this week I got two different weeds here at home 1st was labeled the original haze , it s more like a silver haze than an Amnesia and it's very good smells great taste transferes well and it has a wonderful sativa high the 2nd was CHEESE and its the best fuckin cheese I've had in years ,I'm always doubtful when people tell me they have cheese but my oh my this one is good, not just up with the holy grail of home grown fantasy cheese but up there ,good times lately🤗
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 12th Feb 2023 12:41 pm Just this week I got two different weeds here at home 1st was labeled the original haze , it s more like a silver haze than an Amnesia and it's very good smells great taste transferes well and it has a wonderful sativa high the 2nd was CHEESE and its the best fuckin cheese I've had in years ,I'm always doubtful when people tell me they have cheese but my oh my this one is good, not just up with the holy grail of home grown fantasy cheese but up there ,good times lately🤗
Sounds great! :mrgreen: Also didn´t heard of any real good Cheese from Coffeeshops since years... nice to see that it´s still possible to find some good example :D What did they charged for it?

Thanks for the review Tom 8)
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Hey maroc it was €6.75 for cheese and €7 for haze (in larger amounts) prob 12 -15 in gs
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Been a lot of stardawg lately so the change is very welcome
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 12th Feb 2023 03:46 pm
Sounds great! :mrgreen: Also didn´t heard of any real good Cheese from Coffeeshops since years... nice to see that it´s still possible to find some good example :D What did they charged for it?

Thanks for the review Tom 8)
you didnt get a chance to try Smokey boats cheese 2 years ago ?
was my grow
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke