very old san pedro

CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

very old san pedro

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

my sister was back at my parents to day, sorting some of her boxes she left behind, throwing out loads of accumulated crap, when she found a box of dried san pedro cactus.

she bought this stuff 3 years ago, when she was 18, and smuggled it (for some reason) back from the dam, and never took it, and evidently forgot about it, untill today. it was dried when bought, so it still has the same appearance.

Does any one know how time affects this potency of this stuff? does it have a shelf life?

and whilst on the subject, presuming it is still good to go; can some one point me in the direction of some basic info on what to expect etc? as we've nevr tried it. done shrooms a few times and had fun and manageable couple of trips.

Trips to the 'dam: 27
Kaiser Saucy

Post by Kaiser Saucy »

I'll take a stab at it. The cactus is bone dry when bought, as long as it's been in a fairly cool and dark place there's no reason it shouldnt have retained most of it's potency. There's only one way to be sure, if it's still dry as a cracker, it should be fine.

How many grams do you have?

Your looking for at least 10g for low level effects, this can be a bit lacking though.

20-30g is a moderate trip, but my favourite sort of range. Euphoria, mild visuals, senses boosted.

expect it to last 10-12hrs after first effects.

Some people grind it and gel cap it, or sprinkle it in food, the traditional way is to make a brew. You dump a couple litres of water in a big pan, and simmer the cactus on low heat for 3-4hrs, top up water if needed. You'll be looking at a glassfull of foul tasting slime at the end, if you go this route, get it down fast, DONT gag it back up, and have a chaser handy to wash the taste away.
Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

I have never tried San Pedro, but I have tried peyote buttons.

The peyote buttons get pulled off the cactus plants and, when dried, they look like little brown disks (or buttons, hence the name) (That is, from my recollection, but it has been decades).

I did not know that with San Pedro you took the dried cactus. I thought it was similar to peyote. In either case they both contain mescaline, as well as some other alkaloids.

I can not speak of the potency for San Pedro, BUT I found that, for me, the trip from peyote buttons is far far stronger than any trip that I have ever gotten on mushrooms.