Toermalijn (Tilburg)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like the Toermalijn

Yes I like the Toermalijn
100%
No I don't like the Toermalijn
No votes

Total votes: 13

Mr L Ricketts

Re: Toermalijn (Tilburg)

Post by Mr L Ricketts »

Can anyone confirm that non residents can visit Tilburg's Coffeeshops again?

'Looks like we'll have to hang up our sorrows for another day. Now let's go shoot some bad guys'
Mr L Ricketts

Post by Mr L Ricketts »

That is great news, thanks NSFE. I will be making a trip over to Tilburg soon for sure :-)
'Looks like we'll have to hang up our sorrows for another day. Now let's go shoot some bad guys'
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This month:

So after more than a year as well as copious revisiting it's time for another review as no one seems to be arsed to do so and in general to put everything happened inbetween into perspective.
While we had a pleasant stay, especially in the garden, a couple of times last summer this unfortunately changed particularly when they remodeled their interior in late summer which means there is no longer a sitting area in opposite of the dealer counter but now is only a bigger queue area, lanes incluced, also a couple of more flat-screens on the wall for displaying the menu while waiting(some chain from Amsterdam please take note but I know you guys are doing this on purpose as people tend to buy as they queued for some time just to be displayed the menu then).
Now one third of the original garden(coming from the inside) is now turnt into a winter garden with a slide door out of glass leading to the outdoor/garden area, also there is a table and a few couches where you can sit or even lay down relatively comfortable and so is now the new 'indoor area'.
Though sucks a bit in autumn times and in my humble opinion modification changed the vibe of this coffeeshop all in all a bit.
Well, staff is still relatively friendly but you notice their extra stress. Of course Toermalijn always was quite a busy coffeeshop but this one here takes the biscuit definitely.
When damn I-criteria was cancelled a year ago tourists seem to have sorta overrun that shop now since some time(not to forget my first update here then helped a lot as my word is law of course). While I noticed lots of Nederlanders, Germans, Frenchmen and other nationalities the biggest group seems to be Belgians. Just saying as you can't blame any nation at all and everybody should be allowed to go there or elsewhere of course.
Well, each to their own but we rarely sat down since for obvious reasons and go elsewhere, what a pity! Consuming on site and if around good hasj are the only things left for me considering going to a coffeeshop(and one of the original ideas when coffeeshops came up) ; prefer this to hidding at home(but of course outdoor activity is always king, also at home and even functions without coffeeshops well in Nederland, too).
Again I'm amazed to see still so many foreigners coming and most of them taking their gear back home while to me it is still about consuming there and in general only am an occassional consumer after all those decades anyway.
Since there was a hiatus of a couple of years where they were not allowed to enter the coffeeshops in this province so wonder what they did in the meantime? Waiting? Going to other provinces?
Obviously not growing their own or getting a local supplier. Was enough time me thinks. Especially since it really is noticeable when you're there and it personally feels more crowded now than before damn I-criteria.
During I-criteria was active here which were six years roughly not only wiet and hasj became a tad more mainstream(if this is possible anyway to some degree)but for sure so called Social Media(influencing consumer
behaviour in general quite a bit it seems).
My point is before Social Media and stuff you heard from coffeeshops via magazines, hearsay or websites as this one here.
Then it seemed many of today's customers are mostly using Social Media today respectively using it mainly. I know there are some programms helping potential customers to look for quality coffeeshops in certain areas on their mobiles(would be interesting to know what data those tools use. Only Social Media likes? Even several websites? ), especially without being too much into that topic or having to use an sorta out of date forum approach today.
Conclusion is then the quantity of people not knowing much about the matter itsself but looking for quality as well as knowing where to find it now have increased compared to before(they were around too but as said not as much)and no one can blame them for doing so.
It is obviously easier now than back then to find quality(or are most of them patients
looking for their 'medicine'? :evil: :lol:)
While it is sorta terrible to probably see another quality shop going down the drain if run keeps on I try to be positive about it as usual as firstly as corny as it may sounds 'nothing lasts forever', secondly I can live off my extensive personal experience when it comes to this plant and places I saw and thirdly it adds up to the fact if run keeps on going on that this is becoming unbearable for Nederlanders with overlast and all that which eventually perhaps leads to some change ; either negative(i-criteria/closure) or positive(fully legal system) doesn't mean much as there was enough stagnation over the decades.
Don't know how to prevent a collapsing of supply or reintroducing i-criteria. Though not speaking or not recommending going to quality shops are for sure no proper solutions. I mean politely put I don't like elitist circles and let alone this site here I noticed fast at one point a group(read type)of people interested in knowing where to go for great gear as well as asking for it but
rarely if at all reviewing stuff themselves let alone giving something back while nonetheless regularly going for trips to Nederland(tend to be people not going for holiday but just for gear to take it home). When I noticed that I stopped reviewing my visits to some degree and cut mine to one third at best many years ago.
Also I enjoy exposing so called quality coffeeshops to the max so everyone can enjoy not only some greedy minors only thinking about their personal advantages
('It's enough my mates and me know about where the quality is. If I tell anyone else there might not be much left for me next time. Easy.', which is summed up to small minds come up with small ideas). Though I'm no jukebox and if people from Social Media(or even someone used to forums) are too stupid to research as it is all documented so be it.
Though I was always aware of the side-effects of propagating and have seen shops deteriorate sorta when more and more people came but in the end this drug is just one of many consumer goods and unlike other way more essential things in life don't need non-transparency(as said in opposite to more important things in life where I think non-transparency is very important ).
Let alone it will speed up the need of a better and fully legal supply for all which is light years away of being impossible but piss easy.
So I keep on exposing those shops and also the shit shops of course which I did since registering on here ; reminds me of my intention of just sharing experiencies when I started posting here.
Though this shows again the dilemma of hypocrite and stupid dutch tolerance policy on drugs : let alone the failed policy of the other nations.
Especially refering to their ping-pong of at one time allowing foreigners and not allowing them next time and vice versa ad infinitum in some provinces(though Noord Brabant there was a sorta persistent I-criteria on)where you see that Dutch authorities to some degree are greedy for certain taxes but are sorta helpless when situation with drug tourism gets out of hand.
Hope this drug tourism increases further.
This hopefully again leads to overlast and either reintroduction of the I-criteria or just utter chaos so dutch authorities(or any other authorities)get their shit together and make this plant available and affordable for anyone.
Collapsing of all coffeeshops included and them replaced by a transparent and respectable business.
Time for something new as said often before because this coffeeshops approach is still outdated as fuck!
By the way situation in Amsterdam is slightly different for some reasons but similar and as mentioned before when I've been around Spain and Social Clubs about three years ago it reminded me of what happens when too many tourists are around and many pissed off locals confirmed this(raising prices, lower quality); even though there situation isn't as bad as here yet but will be if nothing essential changes(laws). Much more to say about this and that though.
Probably won't happen in the near future though. Wonder how long Toermalijn manages to stand the rush for their wares as throughout the year others and myself found many
items on the menu to be sold out when around. This again of course happens everywhere else too but here it seemed to have increased a lot ; some other mates reported they've been the next day after our visit and shop was almost emptied.
The loss of the sitting area also shows signs of times as it seems neither Toermalijn or customers care much about consuming on site anymore.
Seemingly they prefer doing it elsewhere and wouldn't be suprised if that would be at home respectively an other illegal setup compared to a tolerated one at a coffeeshop in public; along with the tendency in general of people apart from drug use moving more and more indoors and spent less time outdoors(even if weather permits)to meet friends, using Social Media or doing other stuff.
While it is sad you still can't blame Toermalijn for that as it seems people are cool with only picking up mostly so from a business perspective it makes sense.
So in retrospect I can say Toermalijn nationwide was one of the very first shops with quite an professional approach but compared to certain chains in the Dam they managed to maintain a different vibe. Though this is obviously declining.
Time will tell.

Menu:

Sealed and tested jars of wiet for 50-65€/3,5g of:

Pineapple Chunk, Sunset Sherbet, Girl Scout Cookies, Gelato, XXX_OG, Applefritter(in this case the only exception as supposedly imported from California, Usa, 100€/3,5g)

Regular menu wiet(per g, pre-packed):

Buiten Skunk(outdoor, 6€/g), White Widow(9€/g), AK47(9,5€/g), Orange Bud(10€/g), Amnesia(10,5€/g), Krystallica(11€/g), Super Silver Haze(11,5€/g), Super Lemon Haze(12€/g, Cheese(12€/g), Strawberry Kush(12€/g), Strawberry Banana(12€/g)and Tangerine Dream(12,5€/g).

Special Hasj menu(supposedly all from Morocco), sealed and tested(cannabinoids) jars à 1g:

Banana Kush(13€/g)
Amnesia(13€/g)
Tangie(13,5€/g)
Lemon Gold Something(sp, 13,5€/g)
24K(14€/g)
San Fernando Valley Kush(14€/g)
Gorilla Glue#4(14€/g)

Regular hasj menu(per g, pre-packed):

6€/g, Ketama Gold(10€/g), Temple Balls(7,5€/g), Royal(12€/g),Double Diamond(15€/g)
Think I missed one in price range 10-12€/g!

Review:

Last time got me Banana Kush(unpressed Moroc)which was a quality piece of hashish ; I can see why they embarassingly named it like that but at best it tasted underripe when it comes to this fruit – no, you guys meant just 'earthy' but all in all an enjoyable treat kushwise. Effects were more uppish.
Also ordered San Fernando Valley Kush(unpressed Moroc)which was of similar high quality but less earthy and more kushy if that makes sense, also very clean too regarding taste and smell. Similar effects though.
Mate bought some Super Lemon Haze wiet and boring Amnesia(unpressed Moroc). Wiet wasn't bad but nothing more than the usual coffeeshop standard. The Amnesia was great too but had too much of those ones in the past so with a choice not my choice indeed( so yes I didn't choose, simple as that, right?).
At one point last year I also tried their fine Double Diamond again and I can see again why they reduced the price and wonder if it has to do with that rush and demand but doubt it somewhow.
Still a very good, if not stunning as previous version, variant of moroccan hashish even though for obvious reasons a bit less complex in taste and effect.
Also had unpressed versions of other Morocs during the year, Barbara Bud et cetera.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Finally I made it to Tilburg after years :mrgreen: unfortunately we did not have that much time but it was enough to visit Coffeeshop Toermalijn and for the first time Coffeeshop Africa (review will follow).

Surprisingly the shop was not as busy as I thought... it was on a weekend and there was only a small queue :shock: after reading Jesscass review before I was already warned but it seemed we were pretty lucky. We also got seats in that winter garden without any problem... of course there were a lot of people but not as many as I thought before. But when talking to one of the three budtenders I noticed that he was a bit stressed... maybe just a few minutes before the coffeeshop was packed...I asked the budtender if he could show me some of his top "unpressed" hashes... he answered kindly that he can´t show me all (like I said he seemed to be a bit stressed) but one hash he could show me :? :roll: can´t remember what he showed me but it looked pretty nice :lol: I hate to buy something that I can´t smell and see before but I know that they usually have pretty nice quality so I tried their Skywalker OG (unpressed moroccan 14€/g). Furthermore I asked if he could give me advice for a strong indica hash. He showed the jar of 24k hash (unpressed moroccan 14€/g) and so I tried that, too :lol: Like Jesscass reported their Double Diamond was on the menu for 15€/g. I asked him if it´s more of a classic moroccan hash (well I already knew the answer but I hoped that he showed it to me then :lol: )... and yes he showed it to me and described it as some really nice hash from the mountains of morocco. When I am there after years I have to try their top moroccan hash on the menu :mrgreen: . Also asked for a nice clean tasting weed. He showed me the Orange Bud (10€/g) which looked/smelled damn nice. Not as I know Orange Bud so I am not really sure if it´s the real genetics..

Skywalker OG (unpressed moroccan 14€/g glass jar) - A bit darker pretty crumbly hash with an really good oil content. At first it didn´t smelled that much out of the glass jar but that is a phenomenon I already knew from the Candy Cookie hash from Siberie which didn´t smelled at first, too. It has a really nice clean natural smell of the used genetcs. Also the taste is intense and clean. Effects are a pretty strong high/stoned. High quality newschool hash! (labeled with 50,9%THC)

24k Gold (unpressed moroccan 14€/g glass jar) - Also a bit darker but brighter than the Skywalker Og hash and a bit more crumbly. Like the Skywalker OG hash very tasty strong newschool hash. I damn like the taste... the 24k taste a bit better to me but well both are on a pretty high level and taste great (labeled with 50,6%THC).

Double Diamond (15€/g moroccan) - Didn´t looked/smelled really special in the baggy but that is mostly because of this stupid pre packed sytem. Well for a very busy coffeeshop it´s the easiest and fastest way to sell their wares. It´s a darker oily hash but not as oily and sticky as many "high quality" moroccans I saw in the last time. Also it didn´t looked super fresh but fresh enough. When I smoked the first bowl of it I knew that it was no bad deal. Great intense calssic hashy taste/smell when smoking. Yammi! Pretty smooth to smoke, too and gaves a nice clean high/stoned feeling. Not the strongest but def. strong enough and the taste/smell when smoked is just "heerlijk" :mrgreen:

Orange Bud (10€/g) - Like said before I am not sure if it was real Orange Bud because the batches of that strain I tried before were different to me. Nevertheless it´s pretty nice grown weed. More on the fruity side... nice clean smooth smoke and stronger than I thought. Well done.

Overall I am pretty impressed by what I got at Toermalijn. The newschool hashes are real nice and also their Double Diamond hash is pretty much to my taste :mrgreen:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kingbee wrote: Fri 19th Apr 2019 11:18 am I visited Toermalijn recently, and also had the pleasure of meeting Marok21 from this forum there to sample some good-quality import hashes with
It was a pleasure to meet you, too :mrgreen: Was awesome to sit there in their outdoor area with that beautiful weather and smoking some nice hash with you :mrgreen: What more could one want? :mrgreen: In the end it was a pity that I hadn´t more time but there will be a next time for sure 8)

Kingbee has already described well what is on their menu usually... personaly I tried their Tangie hash for the first time as it was the advice of the dealer for a strong sativa hash... furthermore tried the Skywalker OG and 24k hash as last time.

Tangie hash (13,50€/g) - A bit brighter than the Skywalker OG but it gets darker quickly when pressed by hand because of the good oil content. The smell was sweet lemony to me... nice advice of the budtender for a sativa hash... effect was uplifting but strong enough, too. Well could be a bit cheaper for sure but like all of the "unpressed" hashes I tried from them it was pretty high quality newschool hash.

24k Hash (14€/g) - Different batch than the last time. Now it´s a darker creamy hash... not super soft but after a few seconds in the hand it gets very flexible. The hash has a nice smell of the used genetics. Even though it´s a different batch it´s again high quality :mrgreen: It gave me a nice strong mainly stoned effect.

Skywalker OG (14€/g) - Pretty much like the last time :mrgreen:

They also gave me a pre rolled White Widow Joint for free like the last time ( I think if you buy 3 grams or more)... but well as most pre rolled joints from Coffeeshops there is way to much tobacco inside :? but well it was for free...

Again Toermalijn did not disappoint me :D especially the effects of the hashes are very nice to me :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

ACD toke and talk in Tilburg, I love it! Well done gents 😀
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Martian Mean Green weed (12,50€/g) - I am always searching for a nice batch of that strain. I had it before from Voyagers and a few other places but it wasn´t really good like it could be. Heard from many people that this strain can give nice trippy effects when it´s good grown and a good pheno...
the example from Toermalijn had a really fresh fruity lemony smell. The buds looked also pretty nice... not to fresh and not to dry... makes a nice sound when breaking a bud which is a good sign to me. It smokes also pretty good maybe not 100% clean but really good for coffeeshop weed in general. Effect was also a pretty strong sativa high like it should be :D which is really heavy in combination with their Tangie hash :shock: :mrgreen:

Overall best example of the strain I tried so far... smells great and gives a nice effect. Doesn´t burn 100% perfect but like said before pretty good for coffeeshop weed.

San Fernando Valley Dry Sieved hash (14€/g) - Like their other dry sieved hashes that one is also very clean tasting/smelling hash. Kind of earthy/kushy taste with a good indica effect. From the look that one remind me a bit more of traditional hash compared to most other dry sieved hashes they offer but well it is pretty newschool :D

Furthermore my mate go some Tuna OG (50€/3,3g) in a jar. Pretty interesting cross... smelled nice OG like. I only had a few puffs but tasted very nice and burned with white ash :mrgreen: Also spotted that Annihilator Kush was new on their menu (50€/3,3g in a jar).

By the way their current batch of Tangie hash is pretty potent and oilier :mrgreen: while it was a bit worse some weeks ago but it was still high quality.

Awesome how they keep up the good quality with that big demand! keep it up :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 25th May 2019 05:17 pm Awesome how they keep up the good quality with that big demand! keep it up :mrgreen:
The Homegrown Cup will be on in Tilburg on June 15th. Much better than having it in December I think. I would like to go but I will be in Den Haag the following week. Sometimes I plan too far in advance :lol:

DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 26th May 2019 07:13 am
Marok21 wrote: Sat 25th May 2019 05:17 pm Awesome how they keep up the good quality with that big demand! keep it up :mrgreen:
The Homegrown Cup will be on in Tilburg on June 15th. Much better than having it in December I think. I would like to go but I will be in Den Haag the following week. Sometimes I plan too far in advance :lol:

Do both
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 26th May 2019 07:13 am

I would also like to go to the Homegrown Cup but it´s not that easy to get access to the cup... as far as I know you can´t buy a pass... it´s only for people who enter something into the cup and a few others like "VIPs" and invited guests...
Den Haag sounds nice :mrgreen: I am also looking forward to get there in the next months :mrgreen:

Two week ago we made it to Toermalijn again :D :

Bubba Kush Dry sift moroccan (13,50€) - Again some high quality newschool hash over here :D From look it reminds me more of their 24k hash... also pretty oily creamy hash and not as crumbly as some other hashes they offer. It´s "tested" with 37,3% THC potential... so as the 24k it´s a bit lower in THC content compared to their Tangie and Skywalker OG hash for example but for me the 24k and Bubba Kush were a bit tastier and smelled more. They are also at least strong enough... so THC content isn´t all :D well till now I liked all of their offered hashes :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed by their current batch of their Tangie Dry Sieved hash (13,50€/g). From the look it seemed to be the same stuff as before but the hash wasn´t so fresh anymore in my opinion. The taste was good but not to compare with the last batches I had. Especially the effect is much weaker with this batch :?

While their Bubba Kush hash was good as the last time...

By the way I spotted some Kashmir Cream hash on the menu for 12€/g which is new on their menu if I remember right. Furthermore no Double Diamond on the menu anymore. Instead they had some hash called Diamond on the menu for 14€/g.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 4th Aug 2019 03:17 pm Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed by their current batch of their Tangie Dry Sieved hash (13,50€/g). From the look it seemed to be the same stuff as before but the hash wasn´t so fresh anymore in my opinion. The taste was good but not to compare with the last batches I had. Especially the effect is much weaker with this batch :?

While their Bubba Kush hash was good as the last time...

By the way I spotted some Kashmir Cream hash on the menu for 12€/g which is new on their menu if I remember right. Furthermore no Double Diamond on the menu anymore. Instead they had some hash called Diamond on the menu for 14€/g.
You are becoming a regular in Tilburg :) Did you catch any of Tilburg fair? :) I want to return, I still have to try the cannabis milkshake at The Grass Company, so it's not just Toermalijn that I should return for.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 4th Aug 2019 05:10 pm You are becoming a regular in Tilburg Did you catch any of Tilburg fair?
Yeah I like Tilburg pretty much. Well mainly because of their good quality stuff :roll: :lol: ... it´s not so easy to find some decent product from the coffeeshops in south Limburg (those which needs no Wietpas) and Brabant. Well there are a few places that sells good quality like in Eindhoven and of course also other smaller cities but the quality isn´t really constant and sometimes you can be pretty dissapointed :? also the prices for hash are usually much better than for example in Eindhoven or if you go more in the south. The cheapest hash from The Wall Coffeeshop in Eindhoven (which is known for hash) is "Super Pollen (7€/g)" and was for me like a pretty standard hash :? ... in Tilburg you got much better hash for around 5€/g! Furhermore the variety of hashes and also weed is much bigger and more special.

I catched two funfairs randomly when I was there in the past :lol: . It´s pretty big and I heard it´s the biggest funfair in the Benelux area but unfortunately we hadn´t so much time when we was there but it was enough to eat at least some "oliebollen" so damn lekker!! :mrgreen:
Also the last time was funfair when we were there. In the past Toeremalijn was closed sometimes in that period of the year for holidays so we were happy to see that they were still open (but Coffeeshop Africa was closed for holidays instead :? :roll: ).

I also noticed that there is also a big indoor skatepark only 3 minutes away from Toermalijn https://www.ladybirdskatepark.nl/ . Cool place to also just hang around and watch some nice skate moves while high :lol:
RoMoney wrote: Sun 4th Aug 2019 05:10 pm I want to return, I still have to try the cannabis milkshake at The Grass Company, so it's not just Toermalijn that I should return for.
Well that sounds indeed interesting 8) I am not the biggest fan of their weed/hash but the coffeeshop itself is pretty nice and I never tried a weed milkshake... so another reason to visit Tilburg again :lol: