Ghost 420 2023

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Ghost

Ghost 420 2023

Post by Ghost »

Ghost & Mike 420 - Day 1 - 16/04/2023 - The usual flight over from our local airport with KLM getting a free drink :thumbup: and a free coconut macaroon :thumbdown: Come on KLM you can do better than that 1st thing in the morning :!: even a breakfast bar would be better than a coconut macaroon :lol:

My Regular Plane Pics

Landed just after an hour and quick stroll it :lol: towards passport control expecting to see a massive queue snaking back towards the stairs but to my amazement :shock: the line was quite short and we are through quickly and making our way to the platform via the ticket machine and also perfect timing as the train had just pulled up. We are on our way, I send out a couple of messages to a couple of people in town to arrange pick ups later in the day :D 8)

We disembark the train and head out of Central Station in to a dreary and dull Amsterdam day and head on over to Het Gelderse to grab a 1st smoke of the trip, which was a Super Silver Haze which was OK but nothing special and wouldn't purchase again. Still a great shop up top end of town, the smoke was a quick filler while heading to the Hotel to drop off the extra weighty bag again, I did try to leave it in the lockers in Central Station but they was rammed and to be fair the last time I did use them my bag was stolen and my passport (that's another story altogether)

From the Train
1st Pic in Town of Mike

Arrive at the Hotel to be greeted by the friendly receptionist who says we are unable to check in yet but can leave our bags in the bag storage ' Yes Please' I grabbed the essentials from my bag and threw a rucksack over my shoulder and we are on our way back towards the tram stop to catch the number 4 back up to the top of town :D We get off at Central Station and stroll on over to the Barbizon Hotel to meet my extracts man outside, a fist bump and hug and warm greetings exchanged I collect a 2g Pot of Mimi's Papaya - Hash Rosin :mrgreen: and 1g of Apple Fritter 8) A short chat and we go our separate ways until the next time my friend :D

2G Mimi's Papaya - Hash Rosin :mrgreen:

We then take a stroll down through the Red Light area heading for coffeeshop Solo a quick scan of the menu and I purchase 1G Cherry Pie Kush - 11.50 and 1G White Runtz Filtered- 15.00 - both my purchases here were quality :D :mrgreen: Mike's purchased 2G - not sure. I have another meet shortly with the edibles man down at Coffeeshop Free I so we start making our way down there but we make a divert to coffeeshop Bagheeras to have a look at the Lemon Bubble - 5G - 50e :mrgreen: :D 1G Kosher Kush - 15e and we are off again on the shoe lace express arriving at Free I, we hang around for a while, until I spot the character I am waiting for riding towards us with a purple bowler hat on his head, his dog in tow and a basket full of cakes again 8) :mrgreen:. Greetings exchanged and a chat about last years cakes and sweets and we exchange packages and say our goodbyes :wave:

Lemon Bubble- Bagheeras :mrgreen:

White Runtz Filtered- Solo :mrgreen:

We jump on the tram in the square at Rembrantplien heading back to the hotel, it is now getting towards 6pm and I still haven't sat down in a coffeeshop yet just been buying and flying and rushing all over town meeting people :lol: but all that is done now and we are now checked in and I am able to drop off all the edibles in the room and we crack open a bar of the chocolate and scoff it on down :D

M'n'M Chocolate Bars- 200mg

Brownies

Now I quickly empty my bag and get my instant T out, the kettle is boiling and I am setting up my Dab Machine on the balcony for my 1st dab of this trip :D, Mike knocks the door and we make a brew and venture out on to the balcony, Mike lights his spliff and I load the dabber up with the Mimi's Papaya :mrgreen: 'Oh Yes' a lovely smooth fruity hit which I follow with another of the same :D now I am starting to relax a bit as I sink back into my chair 8) Welcome back to Amsterdam Ghost :D 8) Mike goes back to his room to phone his Missis and Kids and I make myself another brew and roll up a fat blunt of the Lemon Bubble and add some White Runtz Filtered Hash and sit on the balcony enjoying the view, the smoke and my cuppa T :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Balcony Dabs Going Down :D

We have the meet up at the Flying DutchMan at 10pm to welcome the new arrivals in town, so we head on out and grab some food on our way up to the top end of town and head on in to the Flying DutchMan order a couple of large beers each and go sit up the back, no one is smoking at all in here :? so we go and ask if smoking is still allowed and we are told only vapes :thumbdown: so we drink our beers and then @Occasional Bowl introduced himself to us and we exchanged greetings and he took a seat, shortly after that @Lemming & @Igrainie arrived greeting, handshakes fist bumps were exchanged and the discussion of the no smoking rule was discussed. We hung there until around just before 12pm when Ghost and Mike said their goodbyes and took a stroll towards the square grabbing some frites along the way :D and just making the last tram which was a bonus - would be the last time we used that tram to get back at night :lol:

The 1st day back in town has been a 'Lekker' Day and it was great catching up with the 1st of the ACD crew to hit town : :D 8) :mrgreen: :thumbup: let 420 begin :mrgreen:

Ghost & Mike 420 - Day 2 - 17/04/2023
Last edited by Ghost on Wed 26th Apr 2023 06:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
CopenhagenCouple

Re: Ghost 420 2023

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Wuuuhuuuuu, first trip report from 420 2023 underway :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Great read @Ghost, thanks mate! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Shame about FD and vaping only, but seems that you found alternatives during the week, looking forward to reading how those places were.

I remember the brownies and chocolate bars very well, at least some of them as other bits I had quite late and they were nice and potent ๐Ÿ˜‚ excellent stuff! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Looking forward to the next installment :mrgreen:

ETA: don't know if it is just me, but can't see any of the pictures ๐Ÿ™„
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

Great to see the first trip report of 420 underway, thanks Ghost. Very enjoyable read so far, Iโ€™ll be staying tuned :mrgreen:
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Nice one @Ghost
Love your style, sounds like you had a blast.
I too couldn't see the pics though
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hi guys :D I haven't loaded the pics up just yet but will get around to it as soon as I can :?: :thumbup:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nice one Ghost!

Regarding pictures, you can now use the attachments feature if you like. See here.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Great write up Ghost.
Looks like you & Mike had a very busy first day. :lol: :wink:
Also looking forward to your pics. :mrgreen:
Stay dabbing my friend. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Really nice read Ghost! :D I'm looking forward to the travel reports of the next few days :D
I will also write a short travelouge as soon as possible.
Ghost wrote: โ†‘Tue 25th Apr 2023 09:58 pm 'Oh Yes' a lovely smooth fruity hit which I follow with another of the same now I am starting to relax a bit as I sink back into my chair Welcome back to Amsterdam Ghost
Just amazing :mrgreen: I love the moments when you really realize damn you are in Amsterdam right now! and can really relax for the first time just awesome 8) :mrgreen:
Ghost wrote: โ†‘Tue 25th Apr 2023 09:58 pm no one is smoking at all in here so we go and ask if smoking is still allowed and we are told only vapes
It is really sad that itยดs not allowed anymore to smoke at Flying Dutchman :? but you can see a policy like that more and more in Amsterdam :? There was probably some new law which also ensures that smoking is often no longer allowed in coffeeshops. In amsterdam it's mostly still possible but outside of amsterdam it's getting harder and harder to find a
coffeeshop where you can still smoke :(

Thanks a lot again Ghost for the bag, stickers, pen and the brownie. It's awesome how much effort you put into it. Great guy 8) It was a real pleasure for me to meet you in real life and looking forward to meet you again when I hopefully have more time :D By the way the Brownie gave me an extra kick of energy which let me fly the rest of the way :mrgreen:

and of course i wish you a speedy recovery from your cold :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 06:05 am Wuuuhuuuuu, first trip report from 420 2023 underway :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Great read @Ghost, thanks mate! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Shame about FD and vaping only, but seems that you found alternatives during the week, looking forward to reading how those places were.

I remember the brownies and chocolate bars very well, at least some of them as other bits I had quite late and they were nice and potent ๐Ÿ˜‚ excellent stuff! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Looking forward to the next installment :mrgreen:

ETA: don't know if it is just me, but can't see any of the pictures ๐Ÿ™„
Thanks Mate. Yes was a shame about the FDM especially as it served us so well last year when we used it, would have made a good base but never mind, we did find a few other places that were suitable for us to have a few beers and smoke it up a bit :mrgreen: Hopefully there will be places for us to smoke and drink in next year, seems that these very special places are slowly becoming 'Few and Far Between'

The edibles were just as good as last year buddy 8)
I really liked the chocolate bars, as a whole bar to yourself gave you a right 'WALLOP TO THE HEAD' :lol: they was 200mg

Hopefully we may be able to break a few of those chocolate bars between us next year mate :D 8) :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Free Ben wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 11:56 am Great to see the first trip report of 420 underway, thanks Ghost. Very enjoyable read so far, Iโ€™ll be staying tuned :mrgreen:
Thanks Buddy, have just started day 2 :thumbup:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

HitTheNorth wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 12:42 pm Nice one @Ghost
Love your style, sounds like you had a blast.
I too couldn't see the pics though
Thanks Buddy :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 03:00 pm Great write up Ghost.
Looks like you & Mike had a very busy first day. :lol: :wink:
Also looking forward to your pics. :mrgreen:
Stay dabbing my friend. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Thanks Mate :thumbup:
It was a hectic 1st day in town man :lol:
Hopefully we will be dabbing next year Mate :D 8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 01:52 pm Nice one Ghost!

Regarding pictures, you can now use the attachments feature if you like. See here.
I like this feature :D although I think I may need to resize my pics as the attachment did not like the size and wouldn't add them, I am still using image shack and using an image link, will make more use of this though now :thumbup:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Nice, now I can see the photos :mrgreen: good job :D

The Lemon Bubble looks really damn good in the baggy :shock: :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Marok21 wrote: โ†‘Wed 26th Apr 2023 03:28 pm Really nice read Ghost! :D I'm looking forward to the travel reports of the next few days :D
I will also write a short travelouge as soon as possible.

Just amazing :mrgreen: I love the moments when you really realize damn you are in Amsterdam right now! and can really relax for the first time just awesome 8) :mrgreen:

It is really sad that itยดs not allowed anymore to smoke at Flying Dutchman :? but you can see a policy like that more and more in Amsterdam :? There was probably some new law which also ensures that smoking is often no longer allowed in coffeeshops. In amsterdam it's mostly still possible but outside of amsterdam it's getting harder and harder to find a
coffeeshop where you can still smoke :(

Thanks a lot again Ghost for the bag, stickers, pen and the brownie. It's awesome how much effort you put into it. Great guy 8) It was a real pleasure for me to meet you in real life and looking forward to meet you again when I hopefully have more time :D By the way the Brownie gave me an extra kick of energy which let me fly the rest of the way :mrgreen:

and of course i wish you a speedy recovery from your cold :D
Hi Marok :D

That moment when I was able to sit down, take the weight off my feet and have a fat dab was pure bliss man :thumbup:

Yes looks like the places you are able to get a alcoholic drink and smoke your wares are becoming a very rare thing, I so hope we are still able to in the years to come, would be a very sad day if they become a thing of the past :(

Hey man no worries on the bag and extra bits buddy, I am glad you liked them and the brownie hit the right spot :wink: I look forward to meeting up with you again when we are in town again at the same time for a smoke or 2 :D 8) :mrgreen: :thumbup: