Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt15 Oct 2015 Smoke Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
pengaldinho

Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt15 Oct 2015 Smoke Report

Post by pengaldinho »

Before I get into it this I will say this was the worst I have even seen the quality of skunk in Amsterdam. Which is why I wasn't motivated to put this report together, but I am back in town soon so need to tie up loose ends! I didn’t take as many pics as usual, I was depressed looking at the vast majority of the purchases I saw my mates make. Some lovely hash though :)

Day 1

Voyagers – Rammed full at 11am, hate that smoking room divide. 24k and SLBH smelt and looked poor.
1g Kosher Kush E15 – not a looker but was one of the few decent smokes.
0.6g Sweet Pink Grapefruit E10 – terrible, no sour, no sweet, no pink, no nothing.

Utopia – my mate and his mate were waiting in here for me. Said the Citral and Strawberry haze were bad, Tangelo Kush nice, slight NYCD flavour but no buds at all. Utopia Haze was their winner. All nothing special to me.
1g Amnesia Cream E12 – wanted some hash and this did the trick, but similar to what I can get at home for less

Bluebird – really busy, queued for 10mins- no WPA or Jamaican
0.8g Cheese Pollen E12.50 – YUMMY! :) Along with the chemdawg cream from GH a few years back, this has the best taste of a strain named 'Moroccan' hash. Cheesey twinge on the exhale. Still cant work out why I didn't make it back for more :?:

Burger bar for fuel.

Tram down to AC market and check in to apartment 2mins from Katsu

De Graal – some nice hash but the wiet was poor – Sour Grape, OG Kush (tiny shoreline hints), Fallen Angel, Eco Nycd, High Rise were all very average. Cheese hash, Lemon Haze hash and 000 my friend enjoyed.
1g 0000 E25 – WOW! :shock: uppy instant racey high, smelt really skunky when burnt. Overpriced but a unique smoke.
1g Super Polm E8 – was recommended this after asking for another Moroc. Nice that the cheapest was suggested. It was indeed a nice tasty super polm.
0.5g Shoreline E7 – not shoreline at all
0.5g LA Con E6.50 - poor

My mate who is living in Holland arrived via Bronx with some of their hash.

Club Media – the friendly tender kindly put Arsenal v Everton on the TV for us. Top shop, second most comfy for me after De Graal, but like everywhere poor product.
1g POG E10 –sub par
1g Champagne Haze E12.50 – smelt and looked decent but tasted terrible.

Walking back to the apartment there were loads of birds (stalks?) gathering around the fishy ice left by the market, which made fun stoned viewing.

Back to the apartment, smoke a few and then pass out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
macky

Re: Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt15 Oct 2015 Smoke Report

Post by macky »

Nice Hash pics :D ....indoor grown in summer always weak , using air con..causes this. October early November I would try YoYo outdoor or something outdoor from Haarlem to mix hash with...Thanks for sharing :D
Papi

Post by Papi »

Nice pics as always peng, were you maybe there at the beginning of the october?
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

Always a pleasure peng

It's funny u mentioned the quality of weed being bad. I was there in January and that was the same thing I thought.

Hopefully late March gives a better batch
trips to Amsterdam 19
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Shame you had a poor show on the flowers I hate it when that happens - looks like some of the hash was up to scratch though. Cheers for the write up anyway - I enjoyed the report never-the-less.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Thanks guys.
Macky: yeah I do know that summer grows have lots of problems, but still not not find 1 gram of true goodness out of a vast amount was disappointing.
Papi: No it was the end of the month and into November, I think. There was no CC last year so that's no excuse either.
Swizzy: Hope you have better findings this time, post your findings because I will be there not long after you :) Have a good one!
Day 2 up soonish.....
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 2
Kashmir Lounge – met my mate who had got the over night bus, he had already been to and stocked up from Boerenjongens and Bij. One of my mates got 2 types of kush from KL coffeeshop, both full of seeds!
After smoking a few on the sunny seats outside KL with a mint tea headed out to some shops I haven’t been to before. Big thanks to Orle for the recommendation for the following shops out west, a short work from Boer&Bij.

Massawra – Old brown bar with a glass smoking room, friendly Moroccan dealer with some nice slabs and a clever. Nice deals on 5g purchases.
1g Twizzla E8.50 – not amazing in the taste department but nice and heavy eyed buzzy for the price.
1g Premier Polm E10 – Nice classic uplifting polm.
1g Royal Premier E12 – sweet classic morroc – clear and alert high, flowery bouquet flavour. I could smoke this for a long time. :mrgreen:

Flashback – Just round the corner from Massawra, no menu – just one hash.
2g Polm E20 – Another classic Moroc - hardly pressed, fresh root smell and lovley taste. Thanks again Orle!

De Bommel CS had the shutters down and was closed.

Got a really nice lahmacun for a E or 2 on the walk to catch up with the others I left at KL:

1e Hulp – Duster OG, Pineapple Express, Recon OG, Lemon Haze all looked tired and lacked smell. The Gardella my mate got was really really soft but I dont remember smoking it.
1g Mexi Hash E14 – didnt cut through the high I had already accumulated
1g Knightsbridge E14 – Some meaty OG smells and flavors but they were very subtle. Probably the best Wiet of the trip along with the Kosher, but all still under par.

McDs for some of my mates, I tried burger from Burgemeester for the first time. Not great value as it was fairly small, but tasty, id get it again.

Back to the apartment.

Tweede Kamer – E6 KH was decent, my mate got a few g's over the trip
1g Somaui E12 – half nycd taste.
1g OG AK bloc E14 – exotic peppery taste and nice stoney buzz. Great stuff. Another top ACD recommendation.
0.5g pineapple haze E7 – bland haze

Greenplace – I asked for half g and was given it, my mate asked 2miutues later and was refused! LA pineapple and other looked poor.
0.5g OG Reeken E8 - crap
0.5g Rolex OG E8- faint flavour
1g gin and juice E15 shoreline smell – slight shoreline taste, terrible black ash. Crap!Everything my mates got was rubbish.

Wok to Go for some noodles and then tram down to De Graal to chill for a bit.

Back to the apartment, the internet was complete shit so was thrilled to find MOTD on the TV!
Hasj bags
Pass out.
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

cheese pollen, eh? hmm... :shock: and 0000(...)from de graal
Extremely poor showing from TGP, & Seedkush from bij etc? :x
Thanks for sharing as always :D
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Massawa! Never been there, but I feel like I have to check it out next time I am in town!
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

ppg - the seedy kushes were from Kashmir Lounge Coffeeshop - I didn't go in this time, just chilled across the street. And yeah the Cheese Pollen & 0000 were :mrgreen: :shock: :D :shock: Enjoy your up coming trip!
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 3 part 1

My mate cycled to Brootje Bert and came back with a bag full of munch :D

Jumped on the tram armed with a load of pre rolls

Flevo

I take the piss out of one of my mates saying he sleeps in tramp hammocks because of the way he sprawls out and cocoons himself when stoned. He googled tramp hammock and found this pic of a resourceful Parisian tramp. https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1202/1141 ... d5a2_b.jpg
I told him to go to bed in this version along side the bridge with all the graff.
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

The artwork Man

Sweet
trips to Amsterdam 19
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 3 part 2

Massawa
5g Twizzla E30 – repeat purchase
5g Royal Premier E50– repeat purchase

De Bommel – some of the best service of the trip, tender behind the screen passed out small pieces of hash and bud for us to inspect, showed us the whole menu.
1g Hia E8.50 – nice oily stoney hash, great value.
1g 1g Tidgin E10 – Bit lighter, more up sativa buzz.
1g SSD E12 – really smooth with a little twinge of something nice, better than most wiet.
1g La Con E10 – better than De Graals but thats not saying anything.

Back to the apartment

Made a cake with the Twizzla

Loetje – for a buttery steak. The first timer of the group liked it so much he went and got another for lunch the next day!

Chilled for the rest of the evening in De Graal
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 4
Baken Met passie – as good as I remember every time. :D

Holtkamp for some goodies.

Sweet stall

Ate the Hash cake for lunch :mrgreen:

Went on the hunt for some weed worth burning:
Tweede Kamer – more Somaui and KH for some of the group
Rusland – Rolex E16 smelt like fresh grass, no nycd. first time here- wont be back
Kasinsky E15.50 Sour something smelt like tea. I had enough hash.
Amneisa – no nyc or Dr Grinspoon

Grey Area – Blue Dream, Nicole OG, WCSD, Paint(now a Kandy Kush pheno – could have sworn it used to say diesel) Duster OG – all poor.
1g Kosher kush E16 – best taste of the trip.

Abraxas – chill upstairs for a smoke and hot chocolate.

Betty – friendly service, smelt 5-6 boxes but nothing jumped out. Had too much hash already.

Apartment

De Graal to chill.

midnight croquets :D

Pass out.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 5

Massarwa – had a mint tea and hash spliff in the smoking room
5g Primer Polm E40 – repeat purchase

Flashback
2g polm E20– repeat purchase

1e Hulp
1g Knightsbridge – disappointing, the first batch was better.

Grey Area
2g kosher E32 - repeat purchase

Pancake Carousel to share a few savoy pancakes and then some sweet poffertjes.
Boerejongens Utrechtsestraat
De Klos – steaks, ribs, shoulders all very good. Ate outside which wasn’t ideal as it was cold, but better than waiting for ages.

Club Media – for an after dinner smoke.
1g 24karrat E16 – the best nycd flavour of the trip but still only about an 8/10 at best.

Tarte Tatin for desert back at the apartment.