Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.plans

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Boner

Re: Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.pla

Post by Boner »

I dont know Cisco, there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports, I think Nol and Peter are up in arms about it as they can't use the human rights laws to argue this policy, only time will tell, for now I suggest everyone who has a trip planned just carry on as normal.

Edit: I've just asked them both if they know exactly whats going on, I shall report back.

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Boner

Post by Boner »

Both got back to me, Peter gave me this link that has all the latest news: http://www.coffeeshopnieuws.nl/index.ph ... e-articles

Nol wrote:
Coffeeshops are carrying on as usual, we are all awaiting the follow up of this rapid change in Law. So far, there is no address to send our samples to, we are all on it, believe you me!
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

iv been to amsterdam nearly 30 times. i dont think iv got another 30 visits to look forward to. current administration are DETERMINED to change the whole coffeshop scene. ideally they would close them all if they thought it was possible. instead they will do all they can to make like impossible for them and as a result many will go out of operation. Dont think for a second that is not why they are trying to ban tourists and now ban strong strains. I am highly medically qualified and up to a few years ago i admired how the dutch based their drug laws on medical and scientific research. However this changed when mushrooms were banned as the report commisioned by the government at time recomended against a ban as there was no medical evidence of harm. The problem with them was that people who had no buisiness taking shrooms were taking them and resulted in a very small number of incidents. (ignoring the number caused by alcohol on a daily basis). these incidents (like the french girl who had mental problems and jumped in the canal and died, or the fool who drove through a campsite tripping) were used as an excuse to show the dangers and gain a ban. I said at the time and people on this site disagreed that weed would be next and i wish i was wrong but...
The worst thing here is that this is again not being done due to medical evidence but for political reasons. To me amsterdam up till the past few years has always had a vibe to it. one which says "do what you want as long as you dont act like a complete fool and bother others". i loved that vibe. But its gone, probally never to return. To me prague has a better more bohemian vibe than the dam now. It does also have good weed however it will never have coffeeshops nor will any other major european city. Not openly anyhow. Im sure some of you like me know of the existence of undeground coffeshops in various places.
For me personally i do think that to a certain extent the ban has been caused by those who will opose it most. The coffeshops are partly to blame for the drive to produce constantly stronger hash's. Some of the ice hash's do contain levels of thc which any sensible person medically qualified or not should be able to see as being harmfull if taken long term. Personally i wouldnt buy any of these as i think they are too strong and not pleasant to smoke. That being said it nearly brings a tear to my eye the thought that hindu kush, og kush and blue cheese (or any other good strain i can think of) will no longer be available. I know that i will get some abuse fot this but WE are to blame also. I cant understand the fools who walk the streets smoking spliffs- have some respect, and the behaviour of groups of "lads" who come mainly for stag parties is also a factor.
In all the liberal hollland is gone. And they dont want you to visit, take drugs, act crudely, shag prostitutes and treat the place like the last outpost of freedom it once was. They want a higher (not in the stoned sense) class of tourist who spends money in shops, visits the many museums and has blue cheese (on an expensive steak- not the weed).
only positive i can come up with is from a selfish point of view- i can now get weed at home which is at least as good if not better. Its certainly stronger than 15%. The only glimmer of hope i can offer is that shrooms were banned a couple of years back- iv had no problem whatsoever sourcing them post ban. Also the smoking ban is pretty much ignored also- at least by me.
We cant stop here this is bat country
NedFlanders

Post by NedFlanders »

well i´m sure, that this will happen the question for me is when?

i`ve read differnt things like this:

"The ban should take effect around March-April next year, the time when the amendment was expected to be passed, justice ministry spokesman Martin Bruinsma told AFP."

in another article it is mentioned, that it is not decided, when this will happen.

however i`m concerned about my next trip in november. what do you think; is there a chance, that this ban will be enforced even this year?
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

there is no chance of them sorting this out before november. im going to ajax real madrid game in december and it could be my last visit. personally i think april onwards next year is earliest. remember how inefficient governments are, and the political system in holland relies on local mayors instructing police forces in terms of applying new laws. Perhaps and just perhaps the mayor of amsterdam wont do this. Perhaps and also perhaps the police wont be willing to devote the extensive resources required to police this effectively. Anyhow the message from the goverment is we aint wanted. just clutching at staws.
on the more negative side due to all plants showing natrual variabilty the only way a shop could garantee lower than 15% is to grow strains which produce around 10% overall- this would mean that stronger batches/parts of plants comply with the law. This to me is the only way to achive this law as it is not realisticaly possible for all stock to be tested accurately. If coffeshops are actually required to test each strain then more than half will close in the first six months of new law as they will financially not be able to cope with testing costs. those who can survive eg very popular shops and chains will put prices up to cover the costs. dont know about you but i dont fancy spending 15+ euro on what are 6-8 euro strains at moment.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

was my 1st dam experience in summer... im worried that november will bring my last... the sad thing is although i go there with the sole intention of getting high when im there i realise that i love the city... so when it all goes wrong will i still visit? without weed the summertime in vondelpark will still be beautiful but i can go to spain anytime of year and have sun and its getting better and better for weed over there.... street dealers suck now compared to the coffeeshop setting!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

hate to tell you that it peaked years ago and has been on slide for a few years now. To me the dam spirit isint quite dead yet but its not the place it once was. I would still visit at some point in the future even if coffeshops close. i love walking the quiet canal streets in the seven streets area late at night (particualy triping on shrooms). part of my soul lives there.
personally i dont like rld area- i think its cheap(in a blackpool kinda way), full of louts, theres more shemales than females, and two large morrocan types attempted to take my wallet off me there in december. I had to pull off quite some move to get out of that one. Same thing had happened to me a few years ago (i foolishly tried a shortcut down an alley and got pinned against wall by two large shady characters) and i was saved by one of the street dealers (they arent all bad).
tdw121270

Post by tdw121270 »

Personally I'm not that bothered on whether the weed i smoke is under 15% strength. I'm a light weight any way. I only smoke when in the dam, so the likes of super silver haze, nevilles haze and such like wipe me out and I get fuck all done. So maybe with the introduction of weaker strains I might actually get to go to a few museums, restaurants, nightclubs. Instead of monging out in my cabin for two weeks :wink: . All said I think the dutch people need to think about who they are voting in as there political peers. It doesn't take a brian surgeon to realise that cutting off a large amount of your revenue is not a good thing, especially in todays climate.
Next trip 1st August 2015. 2 weeks camping/putting my feet up.
Boner

Post by Boner »

tdw121270 wrote:Personally I'm not that bothered on whether the weed i smoke is under 15% strength. I'm a light weight any way. I only smoke when in the dam, so the likes of super silver haze, nevilles haze and such like wipe me out and I get fuck all done. So maybe with the introduction of weaker strains I might actually get to go to a few museums, restaurants, nightclubs. Instead of monging out in my cabin for two weeks :wink: . All said I think the dutch people need to think about who they are voting in as there political peers. It doesn't take a brian surgeon to realise that cutting off a large amount of your revenue is not a good thing, especially in todays climate.
Do you smoke any hash at all as theres a good chance there would be no hash for sale if this comes in.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I was thinking about the hash , is this proposed ruling not for Marijauna ?
-
Boner

Post by Boner »

Marijuana is just a general term anyway so anything with thc in it will be covered, this I imagine would also cover edibles.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I wasn't sure as usually discussions are about the so called hybrid super strength strains and their connection to mental health etc but as you say if it is just general THC content then it would encompass everything :shock:

Cheers for the links etc Boner :wink:
-
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Boner wrote:Marijuana is just a general term anyway so anything with thc in it will be covered, this I imagine would also cover edibles.
So what is the THC content of a total edible? Given all of the flour, is the whole piece of cake over 15%? The ones from Paradox might be, but what about the others that average somewhere around .5 grams per piece of cake/muffin?
CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

notsofasteddie wrote: So what is the THC content of a total edible? Given all of the flour, is the whole piece of cake over 15%? The ones from Paradox might be, but what about the others that average somewhere around .5 grams per piece of cake/muffin?
If they were to actually pass this law the c.shops would simply stop selling anything that was hard or impossible to test. The cost of having each batch of muffins tested?!?! Can you imagine they'd go to the bother?!?!

All i can say is I'm lookin forward t settin the world to rights on this matter over a few Leffes in Nes in a few weeks time!! DC: prime the pumps!! :wink: :lol:
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
Boner

Post by Boner »

notsofasteddie wrote:
Boner wrote:Marijuana is just a general term anyway so anything with thc in it will be covered, this I imagine would also cover edibles.
So what is the THC content of a total edible? Given all of the flour, is the whole piece of cake over 15%? The ones from Paradox might be, but what about the others that average somewhere around .5 grams per piece of cake/muffin?

I haven't a clue tbh but it doesn't matter if it's .5 gram or .1 of a gram if the weed used has over 15% thc then the edible would as well (I think, I may be well off the mark but a sip of 40% proof whisky is still 40%).

Put it this way 1/2 a gram of 20% thc weed doesn't mean it'll only be 10%.