Bulldog Palace

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bulldog

I liked the Bulldog
41%
I disliked the Bulldog
59%

Total votes: 107

petewithers

Post by petewithers »

It hardly needs repeating, but yeah this place sucks balls. I've only been in once, so I hardly speak from long-term experience, but just like the Grasshopper chain it was expensive and horribly tacky with poor but admittedly cheap weed and miserable staff. It is right on Leidseplein, but there are plenty of better places 5 mins walk away. Avoid.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Went in once never again! very poor although the place down the Leidseiplein i had a wicked breakfast at the side of it on a nice sunny morning. Thats it realy it dont even enter my mind even if i walk past it.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Ive only been there the once to watch the football,Only bought beer as i had my own smoke for obvious reasons 8),Ps its located on the site of an old police station of all things lol.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

i voted thumbs up, only because like others have said its cool to get a beer and sit outside watching world go by, i always buy from elsewhere though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:i voted thumbs up, only because like others have said its cool to get a beer and sit outside watching world go by, i always buy from elsewhere though

Yea thats it! 8),It reminds me of the good old days before all these new laws.

http://www.bulldog.nl/
fireball01e

Post by fireball01e »

Bulldogs definatly an experience, but dont go in, if you dont have much money. I found the pub bit really nice and I got a pint of cider for bout 3 euros. As I had just got to dam for the first time, the day before I did not have a clue where the cafe bit was. I asked staff; They told me bout the alcohol law and said there was no cafe here. I did'nt realise where it was intill some guy told me where in greenhouse :x .

When I got there I asked the budtender for recomendations, where he recommended the most expensive thing on the menu (over 250euros), I went for some purple haze (which was expensive and didnt do anything) and some Jack o herea (which I had some the day before and this was awful compared). I selected some lighter stuff cause it was the morning, but I wish I did not cause it gave me a banging headache.

Toilets where dirty and the banshee guarding it let me in free and then tried charging me fiver to get out.

all in all, stay away.
If your sitting here, whos driving the bus?
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

lol wtf, he tried to get you to pay 5 euros for getting out? what kind of shit is that!
Boner

Post by Boner »

I'm curious what they tried to sell you for over €250, I'm guessing he was offering 5 grams of an iceolator?
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

PirateRaff wrote:lol wtf, he tried to get you to pay 5 euros for getting out? what kind of shit is that!

I went for a piss @ the end of my night there @ it was only 50 cents (november 2008),Maybe the guy was kidding when he said a sky diver? or maybe he was trying to simply rip you off? i dono but i would have asked to speak to the manager if i felt strongly about it.
amsterdam lover

Post by amsterdam lover »

i walked in a few years back...it was full of british loud mouths so i walked right out, if i wanted that atmosphere i would have got on a plane and come back home.
i like more chilled out places......well untill the nightime then bring on the rld!!! :wink:
aciiiiiiiid!!!
activetoker

Post by activetoker »

I was interested to see what people though of this compared to the original bulldog shop in the RLD... seems like its just as bad.

The bulldog i went in was my first coffeshop in amsterdam, we might have looked like tourists but we were only looking at the menu for a couple of seconds when the guy told us to hurry up, we bought some pre rolled white widow reefers and they were the worst smoke of the trip, really harsh on the throat and didnt have any effect... stay away from the bulldogs!
baked

Post by baked »

i think the patio is one of the best in amsterdam. too bad basjoe cant move in here :D
michoacan

the mcdonalds of coffee shops

Post by michoacan »

Ok, I stole that line from another reviewer. I came here the first time I went to a coffee shop in Holland .( Before coffee shops, you could score on the street, or at the Paradiso, Melkweg, Akhnaton etc.)
Anyway, I bought several types of herb here, and was impressed with NONE of them . Plus the budtender was a paranoid little guy who was really jumpy. Too much caffeine or meth? Not an atmosphere conducive to chilling.
chicks cain't hold dey smoke
michoacan

bulldog

Post by michoacan »

a no brainer. their weed is crap. so bad in fact, that it turned me off from coming to Holland for 10 years. Too bad this site wasn't around then to point me in the right direction.
chicks cain't hold dey smoke