The Loft

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Loft

I like The Loft
100%
I don't like The Loft
No votes

Total votes: 5

ftcarer

The Loft

Post by ftcarer »

ACD Page: The Loft

Coffeeshop , The Loft on Jan van Galenstraat

The Loft is a quiet little coffeeshop by the Jan van Galenstraat/Hoofdweg junction, very nice staff (both lady budtenders we met while there) friendly,helpful ( read my trip report to see how 1 of them helped a confused pot head lol). Decent smoke(Chocolope) not so decent(pollem) but a great place to take your own ,grab a drink ,and relax with friends :-)

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
ozric

Super Silver Haze

Post by ozric »

Great smelling weed, also smoked good.
The budtender warned me it was strong.
11 euro's for 1 gram.
gapie

Re: The Loft

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

So, if they have been going for 5 years does that mean they are probably the last to have been granted a CS licence or is it more a case of the owners having changed the name of the place 5 years ago?.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Dave J wrote:or is it more a case of the owners having changed the name of the place 5 years ago?.
Thats the 1 Dave, it was called Highlander before :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

Anyone been recently? The latest menu looks quite good.

:)
Matroos negenenvijftig
Colino

Post by Colino »

Sailor59 wrote:Anyone been recently? The latest menu looks quite good.

:)
never been but if i'm not wrong this should be siberie's sister shop so the menu could be the same
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Been there many times for buy and fly last autumn. Their Amnesia was amongst the strongest in town. I mostly went for Fantasia which was a sweet tasting, uplifting Sativa (was gone from their menu before I left). Bubblegum was very decent as well. There was another good Indica for 9,50 but I forgot the name - memory failure code #420-24/7 :roll:
Rasputin

Post by Rasputin »

This is a fair walk from the city centre and not really worth making a special trip, but it's but a good choice if you're staying in the west city. The location's a bit rubbish, but the budtenders are friendly, and you can smoke a mixed joint in the front room. It's small and fairly minimalist but comfortable enough for a brief stop, and not a gloomy hole like some other coffeeshops. Their menu ranges from cheap hash to expensive hazes - a decent selection and you have flexibility depending on your budget (unlike some of the city centre places where almost everything costs around 15E a gram).
orle

Post by orle »

Mexican Honey (10,5 pg) gave me a fantastic 'creeper' high that took 20 minutes to settle in. Smooth mild aroma and flavor.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I guess its probably at all their shops then.

Siberie
Loft
De republik
De supermarkt
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
jus'plain'gull

Post by jus'plain'gull »

This shop was closest to our apartment out west and I'm so glad it was.

It may not have had the ambiance of some shops but it is much nicer than the average "buy and fly" shop. I visited the Loft 4-5 times over 6 days. Only one time, Monday evening, was there a group hanging out in the front smoking room. Other than that, it was a quiet place.

Each visit we were helped by a friendly and knowledgeable budtender. I got quality pot with every purchase and was given a pack of papers, a lighter, and a bunch of "roaches" at the first transaction. Its cheap stuff but still appreciated. Here's what I got:

Silver Haze @ 11 p/g from the Loft- Amazing haze smell, great buzz that stuck with me for a couple hours at least. Made a repurchase immediately after smoking the first joint. Quality weed.

S5 Haze @ 11 p/g from the Loft- Smaller nugs than the silver haze but just as funky smelling. Great buzz, was another repeat purchase.

NL5xHaze @ 13 for 1.5 grams (prebagged special) from the Loft- This was the deal of the trip. Not super cheap but def killer value. Big, crystal covered buds that smelled perfectly piney and hazey. Buzz was decently balanced and come down was smooth. I bought 3 or 4 of these bags.

I got a menu picture, I'll try and upload later.

.JPG
yung_kush

Post by yung_kush »

I always buy the bubblegum there for €9/g, easily one of the tastiest bubblegum i've had!
orle

Post by orle »

Good call. Just got home with a 20 bag of very nice looking Bubblegum, compact sparkly bud. The aroma is spot on too.

I asked why the NLXHaze was prebagged but didn't get a real anwser, only "because it's on sale". Bags looked small for 1.5g.